Round 19: St George Illawarra v Canberra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It will be interesting to see how the playing group responds to not having Hunt playing this week. Based on my own personal experiences I would suggest a bounce back. So this is my expected line-up
1. Sloan
2. Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie
11. Murdoch - Masila
12. Su'a
13. Debelin (cpt)
14. M Molo
15. J Hunt
16. Mbye
17. T Couchman

Let's see how close I come in regards to my team selection. I still expect the Raiders to beat us but our mental mindset hopefully will be better and we will be competitive for at least 60 to 70 min.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It will be interesting to see how the playing group responds to not having Hunt playing this week. Based on my own personal experiences I would suggest a bounce back. So this is my expected line-up
1. Sloan
2. Feigai
3. Moga
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie
11. Murdoch - Masila
12. Su'a
13. Debelin (cpt)
14. M Molo
15. J Hunt
16. Mbye
17. T Couchman

Let's see how close I come in regards to my team selection. I still expect the Raiders to beat us but our mental mindset hopefully will be better and we will be competitive for at least 60 to 70 min.
Suli will come in for Moga, won't he?

Eric

Staff
1. Sloan
2. Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie
11. Murdoch - Masila
12. Su'a
13. Debelin (cpt)
14. M Molo
15. J Hunt
16. Mbye
17. T Couchman

Isn't there anyone else for Feagai?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Alexander Lobb?
I have watch young Lobb for a couple of seasons now. He has come through our juniors. Very good goalkicker solid enough as a winger, 21 yrs old but not as highly rated as the Feigai brothers and unfortunately he is not in the Top 30 squad or on a development contract so can't be chosen yet for 1sts

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I have watch young Lobb for a couple of seasons now. He has come through our juniors. Very good goalkicker solid enough as a winger, 21 yrs old but not as highly rated as the Feigai brothers and unfortunately he is not in the Top 30 squad or on a development contract so can't be chosen yet for 1sts
So our choices for one wing are either of the Feagai's or Moga. That is so sad!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Appears so
So next question. How did Griffin ever think a backline like this would ever be competitive? They do sprint trials. And this is problem which has plagued the team for a long time now. I remember our last semi final win against the Broncos. David Fifta got in the clear and with ball in hand, comfortably out sprinted our a few of our outside backs. I know he is fast for a second rower but still, when he's faster than anyone in our backline, you would think the staff would do something about it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So next question. How did Griffin ever think a backline like this would ever be competitive? They do sprint trials. And this is problem which has plagued the team for a long time now. I remember our last semi final win against the Broncos. David Fifta got in the clear and with ball in hand, comfortably out sprinted our a few of our outside backs. I know he is fast for a second rower but still, when he's faster than anyone in our backline, you would think the staff would do something about it.
Agree, when your team lacks speed in the backline you have to play to your other strengths. Unfortunately for us we don't have any

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I get what you mean but this has been going on for years. At least 5 years.
Yep or more my info is that our club has been a no go club as far back as 2017. You just have to have a look at the players we have recruited or retained since then it's not a pretty picture

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Isn't there anyone else for Feagai?
Yes please, another issue Carr and the selectors are oblivious to is the amount of tries this guy is indirectly responsible for every game. Are they blind when he leaves his wing in an attempt to nail and inside player that leaves a gaping hole for a play maker to utilise simply by giving his winger an easy stroll to the line.

Last edited: