Round 2 vs Gold Coast Titans

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Here we go. No surprise as to how the team will line up. After all, this is Griffin not Bennett. His favourites will be picked no matter what. That means Burns, Woods, Bird, Mbye, Liddle, Murdoch-Masila will be picked. Whether form suggests they should or not.

St. George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans

Predicted Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mat Feagai
  6. Jayden Sullivan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Zane Musgrove
  16. Francis Molo
  17. Josh Kerr

Team Tips:​

St. George Illawarra were handed the bye in Round 1, giving Griffin another week of preparation heading into a crucial season. Jack Bird had surgery on a minor knee injury in the off-season but is set to be fit to take the field and will likely wear the No.13 jersey. Meanwhile, Jayden Sullivan is tipped to win the five-eighth spot in Junior Amone’s absence after being stood down. Moses Mbye will likely wear the No.14 jersey, while new recruit Ben Murdoch-Masile lines up on an edge.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Here we go. No surprise as to how the team will line up. After all, this is Griffin not Bennett. His favourites will be picked no matter what. That means Burns, Woods, Bird, Mbye, Liddle, Murdoch-Masila will be picked. Whether form suggests they should or not.

St. George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mat Feagai
  6. Jayden Sullivan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Zane Musgrove
  16. Francis Molo
  17. Josh Kerr

St. George Illawarra were handed the bye in Round 1, giving Griffin another week of preparation heading into a crucial season. Jack Bird had surgery on a minor knee injury in the off-season but is set to be fit to take the field and will likely wear the No.13 jersey. Meanwhile, Jayden Sullivan is tipped to win the five-eighth spot in Junior Amone’s absence after being stood down. Moses Mbye will likely wear the No.14 jersey, while new recruit Ben Murdoch-Masile lines up on an edge.
If Foran is out that will help Sullivan if he actually gets the nod ahead of Mbye

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St. George Illawarra Dragons v Gold Coast Titans

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mat Feagai
  6. Jayden Sullivan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Zane Musgrove
  16. Francis Molo
  17. Josh Kerr

Isn't Frank Molo out for the first 3 games?

*`='%$# Josh Kerr!!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
According to Fox sports:
  • Out: Jack de Belin (calf injury). God help us.
  • In: Toby Couchman
But according to the Dragons website and Zero tackle, he isn't in the top 30. Is the IT manager so incompetent he or she can't update the squad list of is Fox Sports wrong?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
According to Fox sports:
But according to the Dragons website and Zero tackle, he isn't in the top 30. Is the IT manager so incompetent he or she can't update the squad list of is Fox Sports wrong?
Our best defensive forward out. Yes God help us. It looks like Foran is going to be out for them but I wonder who the other starting prop will be. I hope it's not Woods

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Our best defensive forward out. Yes God help us. It looks like Foran is going to be out for them but I wonder who the other starting prop will be. I hope it's not Woods
Obviously he isn't an equal replacement to JDB yet but he plays a lot like JDBs. Perhaps more upside because they say he's equally comfortable in the middle or on the edge.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Obviously he isn't an equal replacement to JDB yet but he plays a lot like JDBs. Perhaps more upside because they say he's equally comfortable in the middle or on the edge.
Seriously? You jest his defence last season was poor. Just throwing an arm out and shouting touch doesn't work at this particular level

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
According to Fox sports:
Is Couchman still only 18? I know at the end of last season he was 18.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Titians will be a hard game no matter who they have in or out ...... Noticed they played a lot of in side passes through the middle , lets hope the defence has tightened up ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
analysed the Titans game against a possible wooden spoon participant team in the Tigers. They have matured with Foran now calling the shots and changed what side Fifita plays on, now next to Foran on the edge. I noticed many short passes between the middle of the park and Brimson injecting himself back inside into the edges and ruck areas against tiring forwards. Foran is a big loss for them but JDB is a big loss for us. This game will show us all if the team is still divided and not playing for this coach. The punters have us as favourites but only because we are playing at home. If the Titans 2nd string 5/8 can emulate Foran the Titans will beat us. If we decide to play as a team show some pride in the big red V and contain Fifita and their engine room we can win but that's a big if. The speed in the Titans backline far outweighs our size in my view but they missed 21 tackles and were susceptible to the ball being turned back inside from the centres and being stepped. The stat's show the Titans missed 47 tackles and their completion rate was 75% so if they haven't improved I believe we can get up in a close game. I'm tipping Saints by 4.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
analysed the Titans game against a possible wooden spoon participant team in the Tigers. They have matured with Foran now calling the shots and changed what side Fifita plays on, now next to Foran on the edge. I noticed many short passes between the middle of the park and Brimson injecting himself back inside into the edges and ruck areas against tiring forwards. Foran is a big loss for them but JDB is a big loss for us. This game will show us all if the team is still divided and not playing for this coach. The punters have us as favourites but only because we are playing at home. If the Titans 2nd string 5/8 can emulate Foran the Titans will beat us. If we decide to play as a team show some pride in the big red V and contain Fifita and their engine room we can win but that's a big if. The speed in the Titans backline far outweighs our size in my view but they missed 21 tackles and were susceptible to the ball being turned back inside from the centres and being stepped. The stat's show the Titans missed 47 tackles and their completion rate was 75% so if they haven't improved I believe we can get up in a close game. I'm tipping Saints by 4.
Is Foran definitely out?

I wonder what would happen if the Dragons were flogged. Too early to hook Hook?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is Foran definitely out?

I wonder what would happen if the Dragons were flogged. Too early to hook Hook?
For up to a month thank God for us
Would a flogging be the worst thing? If we get a a few floggings early it might lead to the coach being hooked early enough in the season to maybe challenge for the top 8 or at least start building something for next season early.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Best thing that could happen , then they will all be running for cover ..... Not winning anything this year or for the next 3 years , so bring it on , if they were to make the 8 it will be slaps on the backs everywhere ...... And Hook stays on more likely ...... Can't see it , I have said before we will go close to that big wooden spoon ...... it will all come out this year , if true the divided groups amongst the team , if Amone does come back , there will be players that will not be happy , the young blokes need game time , but will they get it ? Once they start loosing games it will be on for young and old ..... So I for one are on the getting hammered train .....

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Would a flogging be the worst thing? If we get a a few floggings early it might lead to the coach being hooked early enough in the season to maybe challenge for the top 8 or at least start building something for next season early.
If we get a touch up it would confirm that the players aren't playing for each other or the coach

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Best thing that could happen , then they will all be running for cover ..... Not winning anything this year or for the next 3 years , so bring it on , if they were to make the 8 it will be slaps on the backs everywhere ...... And Hook stays on more likely ...... Can't see it , I have said before we will go close to that big wooden spoon ...... it will all come out this year , if true the divided groups amongst the team , if Amone does come back , there will be players that will not be happy , the young blokes need game time , but will they get it ? Once they start loosing games it will be on for young and old ..... So I for one are on the getting hammered train .....
Sometimes you gotta go backwards to go forwards.