Round 2 vs Gold Coast Titans

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There is absolutely no reason why you would start JDB as a prop we have 2 big units in Musgrove and Murdoch - Masila. We need JDB to be defending as the A defender on the try line next to the uprights

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well the stat's tell the tale. For the first time in living memory 6 forwards ran for 100m plus the best being the bench forward Musgrove. Our bench was outstanding. Completion rate was 82% we had 55% of the ball. We missed 38 tackles. All in all a satisfactory performance and a morale boosting win. Now next week we play 1st grade.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Liddle said it many times before , injury free he will make a big difference to us ...... Long way to go , but Sloan and Liddle combining for that try is something we have not had before ...... Have to persevere with both of them including Sully , Sloan can do that to teams , different sort of player to Ramsey ( who I like and should be in the team somewhere) Young Coachman also yesterday had impact , and eager to go forward ...... These sort of players need to be given every opportunity to settle in ...... Long way to go and the Titans were terrible yesterday , so each week they (us) need to build ......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Well the stat's tell the tale. For the first time in living memory 6 forwards ran for 100m plus the best being the bench forward Musgrove. Our bench was outstanding. Completion rate was 82% we had 55% of the ball. We missed 38 tackles. All in all a satisfactory performance and a morale boosting win. Now next week we play 1st grade.
Mate link me the best player week by week stats as I appear to have lost my bookmark.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
the best being the bench forward Musgrove.
This guy may prove to be our best buy for years. Powerful, hungry, a good metre eater with a clean offload. Why did the Tigers let him go.
Liddle said it many times before , injury free he will make a big difference to us
He has surprised us all. We wrote him off even before we watched him in the Red V. Has added the zip from dummy half we have lacked past two years. Is a tidy distributor and a busy defender. Tigers loss is our gain.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Mate link me the best player week by week stats as I appear to have lost my bookmark.
You can find it on the NRL website. Open the website press at the bottom on the draw icon that opens the whole round final results. Click on the Dragons game, match centre then at the top of that page player stat's per team. Hope that helps

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I think it is time Rava was moved into the pack. We have wingers as good a finishers as he is and hopefully better readers in defense. Rava would be an asset in the middle with his impact.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Liddle said it many times before , injury free he will make a big difference to us ...... Long way to go , but Sloan and Liddle combining for that try is something we have not had before ...... Have to persevere with both of them including Sully , Sloan can do that to teams , different sort of player to Ramsey ( who I like and should be in the team somewhere) Young Coachman also yesterday had impact , and eager to go forward ...... These sort of players need to be given every opportunity to settle in ...... Long way to go and the Titans were terrible yesterday , so each week they (us) need to build ......
Titans we're terrible against the Tigers as well but got away with it. But not yesterday. When we were 10 points down I was really looking forward to our reply. Thank God it was positive but it took individual brilliance in Sloan to get us rolling and Liddle followed him because nobody else did. Wallah a try and the game changed. On another forum they were calling for Sloan to be replaced after he dropped the bomb. Then calling for Sullivan's head because he missed a tackle. How fickle dragons supporters can be. Sloan has always been an attacking talent it's his defence that he needs to get in order but at least he wasn't hooked like Bird was for missing the tackle and then not marking up, he should make way for JDB next week Sullivan did enough to keep the 6 jersey in my view. It would appear to me that Griffin knows his head is on the chopping block and listened to the Asst coaches. The timings for replacements were pretty spot on. But to put things into perspective we beat a team that shouldn't be playing semi finals football. This week I'll be at Lang Park to watch us play real 1st grade team in the red hot Broncos. I don't expect us to win but I would like to see that we are competitive You could see from an old coaches perspective that the critisism had hurt the team and they eventually responded. Sat is another level though.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think it is time Rava was moved into the pack. We have wingers as good a finishers as he is and hopefully better readers in defense. Rava would be an asset in the middle with his impact.
It is extremely difficult to take a back and put them in the pack no matter how big or good they are, just speaking from my own experiences . It won't be happening

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Lawrie
Liddle
Musgrove
Masila?
Couchman
JDB

my starting six pack against Broncs.
Leaving Su'a out??? Couchman is a talented player but he should remain off the bench until further notice.
Lawrie
Liddle (not Mbye)
Musgrove
Su'a
Murdoch - Masila
JDB lock

But I don't think Griffin will change a winning team

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Huge impact and go forward by our big men. With Musgrove (149m) and Lawrie (137m) leading the way. Block added 38 tackles and burst onto the leather like a three quarter to score his second ever career try.
A word of caution. This was our first game of a long and seems to be getting longer, season, so our pack have to maintain this consistency and who knows we may even make the semis.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Leaving Su'a out??? Couchman is a talented player but he should remain off the bench until further notice.
Lawrie
Liddle (not Mbye)
Musgrove
Su'a
Murdoch - Masila
JDB lock

But I don't think Griffin will change a winning team
Missed him mate. Couchman on the bench. Masila looks a dud, Michael Molo for him. Do you prefer Toby for the edge like me.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Huge impact and go forward by our big men. With Musgrove (149m) and Lawrie (137m) leading the way. Block added 38 tackles and burst onto the leather like a three quarter to score his second ever career try.
A word of caution. This was our first game of a long and seems to be getting longer, season, so our pack have to maintain this consistency and who knows we may even make the semis.
Ah a true believer. What I have seen so far hasn't changed my opinion of who will be in the top 8 and unfortunately we aren't one of them

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I missed the first 20 mins so did not see Tyrells blistering dummy half run that created our first four pointer. As you said jodragon it took a piece of individual brilliance and vision to get us into the contest and inspire our next 35 mins when we won the game.