Round 2 vs Gold Coast Titans

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
One of the main reasons why Griffin soured for me. He does not know a major asset under his nose is being wasted as a bookend.
100% agree. Sometimes there are reasons why you play a back rower as a prop for the benefit of the team. However it needs to be a short term solution and the club needed to concentrate on recruiting 2 good quality props. Sadly that never happened.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ah a true believer. What I have seen so far hasn't changed my opinion of who will be in the top 8 and unfortunately we aren't one of them
If we can get our attacking structure and goal line defense up to speed, who knows. I think we can be confident in our two new assistants that they will be working their bums off to remedy those two flaws.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I missed the first 20 mins so did not see Tyrells blistering dummy half run that created our first four pointer. As you said jodragon it took a piece of individual brilliance and vision to get us into the contest and inspire our next 35 mins when we won the game.
Sloan was very involved after his mistake. I always have been a Sloan supporter. He ran into dummy half with a quick play the ball by yes Josh Kerr who managed to stay on his feet that split the 2 markers. He then looked up and ran at the gap in the Titans defensive line that had 2 backrowers standing next to each other but was jagged so Fifita next to Lui he just sped past Fifita and Lui was to slow to react. Then the impossible occurred Liddle actually followed him. It was exactly 30 odd minutes into the game with their coach making a rookie error in not replacing his tiring pack. Just what we needed at that time it turned the tide. Let's also not forget that Foran was playing injured which also helped us

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If we can get our attacking structure and goal line defense up to speed, who knows. I think we can be confident in our two new assistants that they will be working their bums off to remedy those two flaws.
Agree but try line defence and defence inside your 20m is especially difficult to get right. It only takes 1 error and the opposition will score. Look at Birds effort that cost us the 2nd try. That was reserve grade defence.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Two things here , Titians were absolutely terrible , and if they would have scored again , before Sloan made the bust up the middle , I dont think we wold have won ..... Thats just my opinion , but it was great to see the forwards and Liddle making inroads .......

Eric

Staff
Missed him mate. Couchman on the bench. Masila looks a dud, Michael Molo for him. Do you prefer Toby for the edge like me.
I'm going to eat crow. At least for this week. I was astounded they signed Murdoch-Masila but yesterday I thought he was one of our best, if not the best.

Eric

Staff
Two things here , Titians were absolutely terrible , and if they would have scored again , before Sloan made the bust up the middle , I dont think we wold have won ..... Thats just my opinion , but it was great to see the forwards and Liddle making inroads .......
Agree. They fell away astonishingly.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Agree but try line defence and defence inside your 20m is especially difficult to get right. It only takes 1 error and the opposition will score. Look at Birds effort that cost us the 2nd try. That was reserve grade defence.
Is that the same try where Sully should have went low.

Eric

Staff
Cant agree. His stats dont stack up anywhere near our two best imo ,Lawrie and Musgrove. Even fFrank Molo had better stats. M-M made a piddling 12 tackles and was our only forward to not make 100m.
I haven't looked at the stats. I usually rely on Jo Dragons explanation / summary of the stats.:cool:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
defence inside your 20m is especially difficult to get right.
If our defense coach is up to speed he will impress on every player that they must lift their defensive tempo when the opposition is inside the danger zone. Have at least two in every tackle, up top and legs, stop offloads at all costs. It is not rocket science.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If our defense coach is up to speed he will impress on every player that they must lift their defensive tempo when the opposition is inside the danger zone. Have at least two in every tackle, up top and legs, stop offloads at all costs. It is not rocket science.
But it is difficult especially when your not communicating and you don't have confidence in your shoulder man

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What did he say about the performance of M-M?
His stat's were OK but he didn't get involved enough possibly because he is not match fit. 7 hit ups for 88m, 2 tackle busts 26 post contact mtrs so stat's wise most probably our worst forward on the night. Made 12 missed 2 tackles. I probably wouldn't be starting him in the run on 13.

Eric

Staff
His stat's were OK but he didn't get involved enough possibly because he is not match fit. 7 hit ups for 88m, 2 tackle busts 26 post contact mtrs so stat's wise most probably our worst forward on the night. Made 12 missed 2 tackles. I probably wouldn't be starting him in the run on 13.
Well, there you have it. Looks obviously can be deceiving. I might have mixed him with Musgrove in the heat of battle.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Fox Sports power rankings.

11. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Last week’s rank: 17th (up 6 spots)
Analysis: The Dragons had to wait two weeks into the season to play their first game, but finally put a horror off-season behind them to beat the Titans 32-18. The Dragons trailed 12-2 early in the match but starring displays form Ben Hunt, Tyrell Sloan and Jacob Liddle off the bench helped lead the side to a convincing victory in the end. However, there were still noticeable defensive issues for Anthony Griffin’s side and they will get bigger tests in the future, including the red hot Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in Round 3.