Round 21: Dragons vs Penrith Panthers - 28 July @ 2PM

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's true. I just want to alert you to the fact there are two halves in a team. Why isn't our other half ever expected to do anything?
Agree mate but it doesn't seem that he is allowed to with Hunt calling all the shots ...... Also Kyle is not on a million as Hunt has been ....... So I can cop Kyle at the moment because he is costing us little until they find a replacement .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Cause Hunt is a control freak, he is an average half, cant control a game, kicking game is average, his demeanor on the field is negative, yesterday was perfect example, MaxF was injured with a some sort of ankle or leg issue, was struggling, so our game manager decides to come back to the blind side and throw a cut out pass to Max who was struggling, then shakes his head wondering why MaxF didn't catch the ball, dope play by our marquee 1/2 back, he knew that MaxF was struggling, it was the perfect time to actually put a kick in.
I said this week I'm going to lay off Kyle because Hunt had such a shocker but I'd remind you that in the first game against Penrith, Flanno was interviewed pregame. He was specifically asked about Kyle taking on more responsibility with Hunt missing. Flanno immediately put the responsibility on Jesse Marschke. I mean to say, I think Hunt is trying to do far too much according to coaches wishes. As far as I can see, there is no pressure on Kyle to do much of anything.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree mate but it doesn't seem that he is allowed to with Hunt calling all the shots ...... Also Kyle is not on a million as Hunt has been ....... So I can cop Kyle at the moment because he is costing us little until they find a replacement .......
I'd say Kyle is playing better than Hunt on a value for money basis. But Hunt is on the money he is on for the rest of this year and next. I was never in favour of Hunt being re-signed but now he is, it's very obvious he needs a lot more help from his halves partner.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone have a health update on young Ramsay. I'm told it will be very difficult for him to ever pull on a 1sts jersey again

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It will be one step at a time, I believe footy is a real possibility. He will get fitnnes and strength back but maintaining it for NRL is another step.
One thing he is a f*cking legend.
Yes when you put things into perspective if you haven't got your health then the rest doesn't really matter. I hope he makes it back obviously will need a medical clearance but wish him well . It's also heart-warming to see the Dragons club stick by him and do the right thing so he is on our books until the end of next season. That is the epitome of a genuine football club that cares for the welfare of its players.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
The results was as expected as will next weekends
We are nowhere near the top squad rosters.
Penrith, Storm, Roosters and now Dogs. Our big loses.

After that Eagles Sharks, Dolphins and Cows who touched us up earlier in the year, we have got better since then.
I think we hold our own against these 4.

The bottom 8 sides we are beating now so we are about where we should be and still a chance for the 8 considering we are fighting for that spot with Dolphins and Raiders who have been average lately.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I did some ladder predicting today, we need to win 3 of those games minimum (4 would be a sure thing), its doable but we would have to be in some sort of form... I would be more confident except we need to sort out the fullback situation I believe.. we looked so clunky yesterday... also hoping Hunt just had a bad day.. if he goes off the rails, so do our chances for 2024.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The results was as expected as will next weekends
We are nowhere near the top squad rosters.
Penrith, Storm, Roosters and now Dogs. Our big loses.

After that Eagles Sharks, Dolphins and Cows who touched us up earlier in the year, we have got better since then.
I think we hold our own against these 4.

The bottom 8 sides we are beating now so we are about where we should be and still a chance for the 8 considering we are fighting for that spot with Dolphins and Raiders who have been average lately.
I love the optimism. No doubt that Flanagan has used his coaching expertise to work wonders with the squad he has. At the beginning of the season based on statistics and player performance, club depth I thought that we could actually finish 12th. Personally I can't see us winning this week and with their incentive to reach the 8 against all odds doubt we can beat the Dogs. In saying that as you have rightly pointed out we should be competitive against the teams we are yet to play, plus the added bonus of playing at home for all but one game after this weekend. I wish the boys the best of luck.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I did some ladder predicting today, we need to win 3 of those games minimum (4 would be a sure thing), its doable but we would have to be in some sort of form... I would be more confident except we need to sort out the fullback situation I believe.. we looked so clunky yesterday... also hoping Hunt just had a bad day.. if he goes off the rails, so do our chances for 2024.
To be fair for some reason this season teams coming off the bye haven't been very successful. Time will tell how we bounce back after I fear another flogging this weekend.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
To be fair for some reason this season teams coming off the bye haven't been very successful. Time will tell how we bounce back after I fear another flogging this weekend.
I have 100% noticed that.. its like it takes us 20minutes to wake up from the bye... I dont think ive ever seen so many balls just going to ground like that.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
It will be one step at a time, I believe footy is a real possibility. He will get fitnnes and strength back but maintaining it for NRL is another step.
One thing he is a f*cking legend.
From the little we saw of him, he seems to have passion, character and the ability and potential to back it up. Someone who could become the heart of a team.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
I love the optimism. No doubt that Flanagan has used his coaching expertise to work wonders with the squad he has. At the beginning of the season based on statistics and player performance, club depth I thought that we could actually finish 12th. Personally I can't see us winning this week and with their incentive to reach the 8 against all odds doubt we can beat the Dogs. In saying that as you have rightly pointed out we should be competitive against the teams we are yet to play, plus the added bonus of playing at home for all but one game after this weekend. I wish the boys the best of luck.
It's another loss to the Dogs that I dread the most.