Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Last week’s Dragons team:​

1. Moses Mbye 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Jack Bird 4. Zac Lomax 5. Tautau Moga 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Jack de Belin 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Billy Burns 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 14. Tyrell Sloan 15. Aaron Woods 16. Francis Molo 17. Josh McGuire

Team Tips: The Dragons have no troops due back next week, which could force Anthony Griffin to stick solid, despite their big loss to the Cowboys. Tyrell Sloan was an odd choice as the bench utility and got limited opportunities, so he could either start or drop out of the 17. Michael Molo is a chance to join the bench with Aaron Woods potentially making way.

Force him to stick solid? I think he probably will. if I'm right, I think the diagnosis a few people have made in regard to his mental state will be proven correct.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The team I hope is picked
The team I think the genius coach will pick
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Max Feagai
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Johnathan Reuben
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Tariq Sims
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Moses Mbye
  17. Jack Bird
  1. Moses Mbye
  2. Tariq Sims
  3. Michael Molo
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Matt Feagai
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt (c)
  8. Billy Burns
  9. Andrew McCullough (vc)
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Tyrell Sloan
  15. Jack de Belin
  16. Aaron Woods
  17. Francis Molo

Eric

Staff

Cronulla Sharks vs St George Illawarra 7.35pm at PointsBet Stadium

Dragons team:

1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai​
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tariq Sims
  14. Tyrell Sloan
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Francis Molo
  17. Josh Mcguire
  18. Michael Molo
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jaiyden Hunt
  21. Tyrell Fuimaono
  22. Jackson Ford

As expected, he's gone with the same team. The guy has lost his mind. Is there any doubt now?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I just posted this reply in another post before seeing this one.

Can't be fixed under present management. Mark my words you wait until this week's team is announced I'm willing to bet my house this coach will not make any changes unless someone is either injured or suspended. Classic denial.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai​
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tariq Sims
  14. Tyrell Sloan
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Francis Molo
  17. Josh Mcguire
  18. Michael Molo
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jaiyden Hunt
  21. Tyrell Fuimaono
  22. Jackson Ford

As expected, he's gone with the same team. The guy has lost his mind. Is there any doubt now?
Not in my opinion. Even the most ardent supporter of Griffin would now be questioning the reason for the lack of wholesale changes. In saying that I did say that because of the contract some of our younger players are on any 1st grade appearances would come with a bonus payments and cause us to breach our salary cap.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai​
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tariq Sims
  14. Tyrell Sloan
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Francis Molo
  17. Josh Mcguire
  18. Michael Molo
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jaiyden Hunt
  21. Tyrell Fuimaono
  22. Jackson Ford

I'm sure it has to do with salary cap issues and bonuses that the younger players would get for making 1st grade. This would be my educated guess.

Eric

Staff
Not in my opinion. Even the most ardent supporter of Griffin would now be questioning the reason for the lack of wholesale changes. In saying that I did say that because of the contract some of our younger players are on any 1st grade appearances would come with a bonus payments and cause us to breach our salary cap.
If that's the case, the club needs to communicate it. Why would they keep it secret? I don't buy it. I just think the coach has lost his mind.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe it's just as a lot of people are speculating, he really doesn't like Dragons young players and prefers his veterans. Maybe there is some backstabbing and bickering going on that the public isn't privvy to.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If that's the case, the club needs to communicate it. Why would they keep it secret? I don't buy it. I just think the coach has lost his mind.
You dont air those issues in public unless you have no choice. It's the only thing I can think of because that team selection makes no sense. There has to be some sort of restraint the only other issue would be if the players selected for 1st would disqualify them from playing games in the lower grades who most probably will be playing semi finals football this season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe it's just as a lot of people are speculating, he really doesn't like Dragons young players and prefers his veterans. Maybe there is some backstabbing and bickering going on that the public isn't privvy to.
I have mentioned before in my view this team and club are divided

Eric

Staff
You dont air those issues in public unless you have no choice.
Everyone knew Newcastle and Grubs had very serious salary cap issues over the last several years. Fans were going crazy and the club admitted it openly and repeatedly that their hands are tied due to a disastrous salary cap situation.

If you think about it, already Reuben and Sloan have played NRL this year. Max Feagai played NRL last year. M. Molo, J. Hunt, Gosiewski and Ford have all played NRL this year. There is absolutely no excuse not to pick them but that the coach is happy with the team he has picked.
It's the only thing I can think of because that team selection makes no sense.
I was with you at first. But now nothing makes any sense but that the coach has honestly lost the plot.
There has to be some sort of restraint the only other issue would be if the players selected for 1st would disqualify them from playing games in the lower grades who most probably will be playing semi finals football this season.
That doesn't make sense either. Who specifically are you thinking of? The NRL team and NSW Cup have remained very static throughout the year to date.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I just spoke to an old mate of mine who has a relative working in the dragons club. It is salary cap issues in fact the Dragons salary cap has been frozen for the last 4 weeks. I believe that it is as a result of trying to re sign Hunt as our marquee player, but also we have big money wrapped up with JDB and Lomax to name just two othrr players apart from Hunt. I'm informed that the resigning of Hunt is not a done deal.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Everyone knew Newcastle and Grubs had very serious salary cap issues over the last several years. Fans were going crazy and the club admitted it openly and repeatedly that their hands are tied due to a disastrous salary cap situation.

If you think about it, already Reuben and Sloan have played NRL this year. Max Feagai played NRL last year. M. Molo, J. Hunt, Gosiewski and Ford have all played NRL this year. There is absolutely no excuse not to pick them but that the coach is happy with the team he has picked.

I was with you at first. But now nothing makes any sense but that the coach has honestly lost the plot.

That doesn't make sense either. Who specifically are you thinking of? The NRL team and NSW Cup have remained very static throughout the year to date.
It is fact. I'm talking about Molo jnr, Gosiewski, Hunt to name 3. My understanding is if they run on the field even for 1 min of a 1st grade game it's counted and I believe they can't play 6 or more. I could be wrong about that number but if they exceed a certain number of appearances then they cannot be selected for NSW Cup same with NSW Cup to Jersey Flegg or because I'm old and suffering from brain fade it may be the other way around.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I just spoke to an old mate of mine who has a relative working in the dragons club. It is salary cap issues in fact the Dragons salary cap has been frozen for the last 4 weeks. I believe that it is as a result of trying to re sign Hunt as our marquee player, but also we have big money wrapped up with JDB and Lomax to name just two othrr players apart from Hunt. I'm informed that the resigning of Hunt is not a done deal.
An old mate who has a relative working there? Well, it must be true:ROFLMAO:.

This is the same thing the DT reported a week or so ago. It's just them making excuses for their man Griffin who is only "their man" because of his bad relationship with Phil Gould. We have one highly paid player and 2 relatively highly paid players.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
An old mate who has a relative working there? Well, it must be true:ROFLMAO:.

This is the same thing the DT reported a week or so ago. It's just them making excuses for their man Griffin who is only "their man" because of his bad relationship with Phil Gould. We have one highly paid player and 2 relatively highly paid players.
Who is DT?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If you are questioning my credibility that's your prerogative I will keep silent but I certainly don't appreciate it.
Relax! Of course I'm not questioning your credibility. I'm questing the info you got from basically the friend of a friend which is the same as News LTD. said and we know they have an ulterior motive to make excuses for this coach.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Ok so is there any truth to what I was told or is my mate having a lend of me?
If you want my guess, I'd say your mates relative who works at the club really doesn't know and is just repeating what the DT reported. What is your mates relatives position there? A role in which he would have any input into the team and contracts? If so, he has a motive to make excuses for his part in a disaster. If not, he almost certainly wouldn't know. What do you think?