jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is very important for Bird at present. He looks ridiculous. Like he should be a fast food oook rather than a first grade NRL player.
Bird shouldn't be asked to play centre especially when his role now and moving forward is in the pack. He intentionally put weight on so he could play in the pack. I'm certain that Griffin cannot pick anyone who has a bonus payment clause in their current contract.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This is very important for Bird at present. He looks ridiculous. Like he should be a fast food oook rather than a first grade NRL player.
Bird shouldn't be asked to play centre especially when his role now and moving forward is in the pack. He intentionally put weight on so he could play in the pack. I'm certain that Griffin cannot pick anyone who has a bonus payment clause in their current contract.
Was just about to say that. He's fat but for a centre, it would be funny if it happened at another club.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Put on weight is one thing. Now he looks outright fat.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
yes. I would be if I supported another club.
How has our once proud, traditional, and feared club come to this? Last year 11th this year 11th and I'm predicting lower next season unless something drastically changes. If we cannot purchase 2 new props we are stuffed in my view and it appears that we will be restricted by salary cap issues.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
How has our once proud, traditional, and feared club come to this? Last year 11th this year 11th and I'm predicting lower next season unless something drastically changes. If we cannot purchase 2 new props we are stuffed in my view and it appears that we will be restricted by salary cap issues.
Sounds about right. But look at Tigers last round and Dogs the last few rounds. Sometimes a new coach can work wonders.

But at least 2~3 years off challenging for top 4 without some big name new recruits.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Anyway back to this game because Griffin has continued with this madness and as everyone with an inkling of footballing brain can see nothing has changed with the team make-up and I'm willing to say neither with our attacking and defensive structures. So if and when the Sharks stop Hunt that will dictate how many points we actually score. In defence in case anyone has noticed in the last 2 seasons we play a basketball type of 1 on 1 defensive line. That's ok if your better than your opponent, the stats indicate that we aren't. So you can look forward this week to Talakai v Lomax but even scarier Ramien v Bird. JDB is not a prop yet here we go again against a big in form pack. I fear the worst.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Anyway back to this game because Griffin has continued with this madness and as everyone with an inkling of footballing brain can see nothing has changed with the team make-up and I'm willing to say neither with our attacking and defensive structures. So if and when the Sharks stop Hunt that will dictate how many points we actually score. In defence in case anyone has noticed in the last 2 seasons we play a basketball type of 1 on 1 defensive line. That's ok if your better than your opponent, the stats indicate that we aren't. So you can look forward this week to Talakai v Lomax but even scarier Ramien v Bird. JDB is not a prop yet here we go again against a big in form pack. I fear the worst.
I fear a flogging.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I fear a flogging.
Join the club. Every other team is now acutely aware that about 65% of our attacking options eminate from Hunt, we don't have a offloading forward, we play our lock at prop, and in defence our structure is not up and in or sliding it is the man on man option so the better teams such as the Sharks looking for that coveted top 4 2nd chance finish will put us to the sword like we saw during July 3 almighty floggings but absolutely nothing including team make-up changes occurred

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Join the club. Every other team is now acutely aware that about 65% of our attacking options eminate from Hunt, we don't have a offloading forward, we play our lock at prop, and in defence our structure is not up and in or sliding it is the man on man option so the better teams such as the Sharks looking for that coveted top 4 2nd chance finish will put us to the sword like we saw during July 3 almighty floggings but absolutely nothing including team make-up changes occurred
Is it only the Dragons who don't make any changes to a team that gets flogged on a regular basis? I don't follow other teams closely enough to know.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
How were your BDay celebrations?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Getting old but my priest tells me that everyday you wake up breathing is a good day. It was good family lunch across the road then took in a movie in Gold Class very flash. Watched Bullet train. Thanks for asking
Getting medical advice from a priest doesn't sound promising.....

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think Lomax v Talakai might be ok. And I think Bird against Ramien won't be so bad. At least not defensively. In attack, there is nothing there at all. I don't know much about the Shonkies other outside backs but unless they are slow as a wet week, Bird might get embarrassed, as he did against the Cowboys speedy backs last week.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think Lomax v Talakai might be ok. And I think Bird against Ramien won't be so bad. At least not defensively. In attack, there is nothing there at all. I don't know much about the Shonkies other outside backs but unless they are slow as a wet week, Bird might get embarrassed, as he did against the Cowboys speedy backs last week.
Agree with Lomax v Talakai will be a good contest but Bird clearly showed last week he's no longer fit to play backs. Ramien is a very strong runner it will take a 2nd defender to assist Bird and because we play 1 on 1 in the defensive line watch the ball get turned either back inside or outside depending upon if Ramien also runs at Hunt, who unless some new plan has appeared out of nowhere will be once again standing next to Bird. I see Ramien and also Nikora running hard at the gap between the two of them should create many chances for the Sharks I'm afraid. You just cannot continue to play a 1 on 1 defensive line when Hunt and Amone either side of the ruck are guaranteed to miss up to 8 tackle between them.