Round 22: Dragons vs Melbourne Storm - 03 August @ 5.30PM

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
After a deflating performance against the Panthers, what will our team dish up against the league leaders Melbourne Storm? Will it be business as usual, getting pumped by 20+points or will the Dragons perform a Melbourne Miracle? Tune in at 5.30pm on Saturday to find out!

We've had a storied history against Melbourne, from the ill fated 1999 GF with the greatest try ever seen from Blacklock to the heart break of that penalty try. We've been pumped 70-10 & then pumped them in the same season 50-4. Our record against them is very poor, our last victory was in 2020. There's not much to inspire confidence in another victory BUT if the team is serious about playing finals footy, they'll need to show some fight!

This game is all about Ben Hunt, prove to the fans you care about winning & are desperate to help the dragons succeed. Show us why you deserve the big $$$, wear a QLD jersey underneath the mighty Red V if it helps! Inspire your teammates, fans & bring some joy to us in the finish to the season!

If we perform the Melbourne miracle, it will re-ignite our season & I will have confidence we can make the top 8. Please don't get pumped again 🙏

TEAM TBA* Injuries, possible suspensions & form issues will make for an interesting team selection.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
After a deflating performance against the Panthers, what will our team dish up against the league leaders Melbourne Storm? Will it be business as usual, getting pumped by 20+points or will the Dragons perform a Melbourne Miracle? Tune in at 5.30pm on Saturday to find out!

We've had a storied history against Melbourne, from the ill fated 1999 GF with the greatest try ever seen from Blacklock to the heart break of that penalty try. We've been pumped 70-10 & then pumped them in the same season 50-4. Our record against them is very poor, our last victory was in 2020. There's not much to inspire confidence in another victory BUT if the team is serious about playing finals footy, they'll need to show some fight!

This game is all about Ben Hunt, prove to the fans you care about winning & are desperate to help the dragons succeed. Show us why you deserve the big $$$, wear a QLD jersey underneath the mighty Red V if it helps! Inspire your teammates, fans & bring some joy to us in the finish to the season!

If we perform the Melbourne miracle, it will re-ignite our season & I will have confidence we can make the top 8. Please don't get pumped again 🙏

TEAM TBA* Injuries, possible suspensions & form issues will make for an interesting team selection.
have a bad feeling about this game........

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Toby, Murders and Mat out. We are looking at contesting Toby's.
Ryan and Vili facing suspension
EDIT again it was Josh not Ryan.
Vili looks bad a shoulder hit on decoy runner

I'd say Blocka and Mick in
The FB will be interesting, I think Bird comes in somewhere.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Crap I forgot the nsw cup game had guys on report too.. Ryan might have even had 2 incidents? Crap.. thats potentially 4 props out in 1 weekend.

It sux having 2 games like this in a row.. very hard to bounce back down there in melbourne.. and 2 heavy losses and they will be chanting for Sloan to come back.. Sloan I think would struggle against the Storm also.. but Bird yeah I dunno.. or Lomax.. just want this game over and done with.

Rly hoping Hunt bounces back though, I think we are cooked if he cant get some form back quickly.. they say there is a week lag after origin.. so like hopefully he and Lomax bounce back better.. we need some sort of combinations working before the Dogs game, but with fill-in fullbacks.. yuck.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

The FB will be interesting, I think Bird comes in somewhere. Edit I think Bird is on report too.
So if Ryan is available, surely he can no longer be left out. I hope Toby gets off. Would be a highlight in an otherwise miserable week.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

The FB will be interesting, I think Bird comes in somewhere. Edit I think Bird is on report too.

Also Leks failed HIA as well
We might see a few Flegg boys in Cup this week.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

The FB will be interesting, I think Bird comes in somewhere.

Vili was horrible, he got it completely wrong. Mick looked good in nsw cup. Bird ctr, feagai wing & lomax fb?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ah shit, just remembered saw Max hobbling a bit. Maybe tamale wing? Sounds like we might have to get a bit creative with selections.
I think Flanno will be very reluctant to pick Tamale. Imagine the outcry if he has a blinder. Bird will be centre, Sloan back to fullback. So
  1. Sloan
  2. Rava
  3. Suli
  4. Bird
  5. Lomax
Back to how it was at the start of the season.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Tamale will get played if he was needed.. but Ravalawa would be ahead of him.. if Max was injured.. yeah that has to be Bird next up.

Fifitas one yeah they will probably hammer him.. tbf there was nothing sinister in it, he just sort of a brain explosion and sort of slid off onto the wrong player without thinking.. it was one of his better games too.. probably exhaustion.. normally this would be a non-issue to lose him... except suddenly we are short a few props.

Tonga will play and I guess they could even bump Latu up if it was necessary.. but anyway.. im annoyed if Lawrie plays 1st grade, I feel like he needs some cup games to reset himself a bit.. maybe consider the UK if thats an option.. or at the very least encourage him to try fight for his career... I obviously have no idea what hes actually going thru or thinking..

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Tamale will get played if he was needed.. but Ravalawa would be ahead of him.. if Max was injured.. yeah that has to be Bird next up.

Fifitas one yeah they will probably hammer him.. tbf there was nothing sinister in it, he just sort of a brain explosion and sort of slid off onto the wrong player without thinking.. it was one of his better games too.. probably exhaustion.. normally this would be a non-issue to lose him... except suddenly we are short a few props.

Tonga will play and I guess they could even bump Latu up if it was necessary.. but anyway.. im annoyed if Lawrie plays 1st grade, I feel like he needs some cup games to reset himself a bit.. maybe consider the UK if thats an option.. or at the very least encourage him to try fight for his career... I obviously have no idea what hes actually going thru or thinking..
I like Lawrie but effort only takes one so far. He's small for a prop, lacks leg speed and has no offload. He will probably recalled due to no other options but I feel this year is his last in the NRL.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Flanno will be very reluctant to pick Tamale. Imagine the outcry if he has a blinder. Bird will be centre, Sloan back to fullback. So
  1. Sloan
  2. Rava
  3. Suli
  4. Bird
  5. Lomax

CT for Rava but yea this seems probable. I hope someone other than Sloan & Bird get chances, maybe even move su'a to ctr & tamale fb?

Tamale was strong at fb in Cup. Maybe Tamale plays a blinder then backflips on his deal like Teddy did all those years ago & becomes the next Tedesco 😂

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
CT for Rava but yea this seems probable. I hope someone other than Sloan & Bird get chances, maybe even move su'a to ctr & tamale fb?

Tamale was strong at fb in Cup. Maybe Tamale plays a blinder then backflips on his deal like Teddy did all those years ago & becomes the next Tedesco 😂
If he played a blinder Canberra certainly wouldn't allow him to backflip. Seems since he signed with Canberra he's been playing much better.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
There was a bunch on report in that NSW Cup game as Justa eluded too, id forgotten all about that game.. I remember thinking Ryan was definitely gone at the time.. Fifita also.... but the charges arent listed with the ones from 1st grade, even though they are Top30 players.. cant rly finalise a team until we know what's happening.

As for Toby, Grade 2 seems really harsh, esp for a 1st time offense, but I dont even remember us ever getting off a charge at the MRC...

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Sloan
  2. Rava
  3. Suli
  4. Bird
  5. Lomax

After Rava game in cup in tbe weekend he should never see FG again

CT will be in there, Max injured ankle but should play too.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've heard this time of year pretty much every player has some niggling injury.

It looked more than a niggle, he was hampered by it. Everyone has to play with niggles with the size of the players & speed of the game. I'm surprised more players aren't used by teams.