Round 22: St George Illawarra vs Manly

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS v SEA EAGLES

Saturday, 5:30pm, WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Dragons:
Jack Bird is likely to come into the starting side on the edge, with Dan Russell to drop to the bench or out of the side entirely if Ben Murdoch-Masila is cleared to return from a knee injury.

Sea Eagles: Taniela Paseka (knee) and Josh Aloiai (dislocated shoulder) were casualties from the win over the Sharks, with both unlikely to face the Dragons. Toa Sipley and Ethan Bullemor will likely join the 17 in their absence. Jake Trbojevic suffered a category two concussion and must pass protocols to take his place in the side.

Russell isn't going to become the next 1mil a season forward but I'd take him over BMM.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS v SEA EAGLES

Saturday, 5:30pm, WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Dragons:
Jack Bird is likely to come into the starting side on the edge, with Dan Russell to drop to the bench or out of the side entirely if Ben Murdoch-Masila is cleared to return from a knee injury.

Sea Eagles: Taniela Paseka (knee) and Josh Aloiai (dislocated shoulder) were casualties from the win over the Sharks, with both unlikely to face the Dragons. Toa Sipley and Ethan Bullemor will likely join the 17 in their absence. Jake Trbojevic suffered a category two concussion and must pass protocols to take his place in the side.

Russell isn't going to become the next 1mil a season forward but I'd take him over BMM.
Finally Mulheisen gets a run off the bench. Let's see if he has what it takes, of course depending upon the minutes he actually gets

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Connor Muhleisen
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Jack Bird

18. Zane Musgrove
  19. Sione Finau
  20. Ryan Couchman
  21. Max Feagai
  22. Jaiyden Hunt

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I just chundered over my corn flakes. FFS abandon this pair FO, specially Bird and save $1.2m in wasted wages.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Still no Musgrove, must think he is too valuable to the Ressies while they have a chance for finals. Why are we picking small bench players. Need the opposite to hurt tired defenses.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Still no Musgrove, must think he is too valuable to the Ressies while they have a chance for finals. Why are we picking small bench players. Need the opposite to hurt tired defenses.
I think Musgrove is out due to reasons other than form. I think the rest of the team doesn't like him.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Yeh forgot. So you are saying the rest of the players have backed Rava and dont want Musgrove in Firsts.
That would be my guess. Do you have a theory on why 2 coaches are so reluctant to give him a decent chance in first grade despite the troubles of the forward pack and a third has told him to leave?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
and a third has told him to leave?
Was given permission to test the market, not been sacked. Apparently Warrington wants him.. so our loss is their gain. Still has a year to run on his contract so the Poms will have to give us some bucks for his services.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Was given permission to test the market, not been sacked. Apparently Warrington wants him.. so our loss is their gain. Still has a year to run on his contract so the Poms will have to give us some bucks for his services.
Given permission to look around is a euphemism for telling a player still contracted to the club to get out. None of those given permission to look around will be at the club next year.