Round 23 v Gold Coast Titans

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Connor Muhleisen won't be selected under any circumstances. If he's selected and plays well, everyone is going to throw their arms up and ask the witless moron why it's taken this long. So I'm taking Connor Muhleisen off the table. Suli and Rava out injured.
The team I hope Griffin selects
The team I think he will pick
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt
  10. McGuire
  11. Su'a
  12. Burns
  13. JDB
Interchange:
14. M. Molo
15. F. Molo
16. Bird
17. Mbye
  1. Ramsey
  2. Feagai
  3. Mbye
  4. Lomax
  5. Moga
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. McCullough
  10. JDB
  11. McGuire
  12. Su'a
  13. Bird
Interchange:
14. Woods
15. M. Molo
16. Fuimaono
17. Burns
#10 is obviously a contentious pick. Why pick him when he's leaving? Well, who else should be in his place?Obviously no surprise here. Team lost narrowly so unless there is an enforced change due to injury, why change?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Connor Muhleisen won't be selected under any circumstances. If he's selected and plays well, everyone is going to throw their arms up and ask the witless moron why it's taken this long. So I'm taking Connor Muhleisen off the table. Suli and Rava out injured.
The team I hope Griffin selects
The team I think he will pick
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt
  10. McGuire
  11. Su'a
  12. Burns
  13. JDB
Interchange:
14. M. Molo
15. F. Molo
16. Bird
17. Mbye
  1. Ramsey
  2. Feagai
  3. Mbye
  4. Lomax
  5. Moga
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. McCullough
  10. JDB
  11. McGuire
  12. Su'a
  13. Bird
Interchange:
14. Woods
15. M. Molo
16. Fuimaono
17. Burns
#10 is obviously a contentious pick. Why pick him when he's leaving? Well, who else should be in his place?Obviously no surprise here. Team lost narrowly so unless there is an enforced change due to injury, why change?
As for the team you hope he picks, Shereb, O'Ofuo and Coric (along with Muhleisen) are on development contracts. I don't think it's a good idea to throw Shereb and/or Coric in the deep end now. Leave them to do well in the Jersey Flegg finals. O'Ofuo is 23 or 24. He's been in and out of NSW Cup so obviously hasn't kicked on but recently he's been in. A similar body type to McGuire. Why not give him a chance on the bench with F. Molo starting in place of McGuire? If he screws up and the team gets beaten as a result, what have we lost?

That's what I'd do.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
As for the team you hope he picks, Shereb, O'Ofuo and Coric (along with Muhleisen) are on development contracts. I don't think it's a good idea to throw Shereb and/or Coric in the deep end now. Leave them to do well in the Jersey Flegg finals. O'Ofuo is 23 or 24. He's been in and out of NSW Cup so obviously hasn't kicked on but recently he's been in. A similar body type to McGuire. Why not give him a chance on the bench with F. Molo starting in place of McGuire? If he screws up and the team gets beaten as a result, what have we lost?

That's what I'd do.
Makes sense but to pick a fringe NSW Cup player in first grade just because the result doesn't really matter for the team...... Might not end up well for the individual.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

That's what I'd do.
In the interests of team unity and cohesion, I'd leave McGuire in for the rest of the year. Unlike Macca, he doesn't look completely out of place in first grade. Leave McGuire to finish his NRL career in first grade. But if you were going to change him, surely Jaiyden Hunt comes in.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
He might make one or two minor changes like McGuire shorts to lock and Bird to second row and F. Molo might come onto the bench in place of Woods or Fuimaono. Otherwise, no changes.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He might make one or two minor changes like McGuire shorts to lock and Bird to second row and F. Molo might come onto the bench in place of Woods or Fuimaono. Otherwise, no changes.
I think he'll move Bird back to centre and have Mbye on the bench to come on for Macca.

Eric

Staff
Fox sports is reporting the only likely change will be our powerful backrower, Jayden Sullivan replacing Billy Burns on the bench. I tend to think this is accurate reporting. We'll see soon.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Fox sports is reporting the only likely change will be our powerful backrower, Jayden Sullivan replacing Billy Burns on the bench. I tend to think this is accurate reporting. We'll see soon.
No we know how Griffin plans to use Sullivan.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans at Wollongong Stadium, 2.00pm AEDT

St George Illawarra Dragons team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Mbye
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Michael Molo
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono
  17. Billy Burns

Unchanged team. Has he given up on not being given his marching orders at the end of the season and is now basically telling the club, "I don't care about the present or the future of this team."

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans at Wollongong Stadium, 2.00pm AEDT

St George Illawarra Dragons team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Mbye
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Michael Molo
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono
  17. Billy Burns

Unchanged team. Has he given up on not being given his marching orders at the end of the season and is now basically telling the club, "I don't care about the present or the future of this team."
Need to look at the funny side of it.

Is it really a bad thing? I think GC might put a pretty big score on the Dragons which will surely make it easier for Craig Young to throw him out the door, head first, and tell him never to come back.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Is it really a bad thing? I think GC might put a pretty big score on the Dragons which will surely make it easier for Craig Young to throw him out the door, head first, and tell him never to come back.
I'm not laughing but I'll laugh at the sight of Craig Young throwing him out of the building, head first.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I did mention consistently that he can't make changes. It would appear to me that the magical number of 1st grade appearances that would guarantee a bonus payment be triggered as per the players contract is at the moment sitting at 8. So far the players outside our 17 have been used: Sloan - 6, Sullivan - 7, Gosiewski- 6, Burns - 4, Hunt - 5. Depending upon if you believe my train of thought this would give some credence to the fact we have a salary cap issue and a freeze means no payments can be made hence those players not selected. I believe that Mathew Feagai is presently injured?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Titans won't beat us this weekend.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I did mention consistently that he can't make changes. It would appear to me that the magical number of 1st grade appearances that would guarantee a bonus payment be triggered as per the players contract is at the moment sitting at 8. So far the players outside our 17 have been used: Sloan - 6, Sullivan - 7, Gosiewski- 6, Burns - 4, Hunt - 5. Depending upon if you believe my train of thought this would give some credence to the fact we have a salary cap issue and a freeze means no payments can be made hence those players not selected. I believe that Mathew Feagai is presently injured?
There is no reason at all Hook couldn't select this team:
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt
  10. McGuire
  11. Su'a
  12. Burns
  13. JDB
Interchange:
14. M. Molo
15. F. Molo
16. Bird
17. Mbye

All except Michael Molo in the top 30. If Matt Feagai is injured, I'd pick Rueben in his place. If Reuben's contract says he needs to get a bonus after playing 2 first grade games, pick Moga but that's so ridiculous we can rule it out.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There is no reason at all Hook couldn't select this team:
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt
  10. McGuire
  11. Su'a
  12. Burns
  13. JDB
Interchange:
14. M. Molo
15. F. Molo
16. Bird
17. Mbye

All except Michael Molo in the top 30. If Matt Feagai is injured, I'd pick Rueben in his place. If Reuben's contract says he needs to get a bonus after playing 2 first grade games, pick Moga but that's so ridiculous we can rule it out.
I agree, consistently picking the same team as he has done for the last 6 weeks makes no sense to me whatsoever. Last year we at least blooded our young stars but this year zip it can only be because of salary cap issues but I could be wrong, the alternative to that is not worth thinking about. However I'm not the coach. I believe that Feagai is injured because he is not even in our reserves, who if they win against Mounties, will be playing semi finals football. The fact we only have 1 coach since he chopped the other two, can't be helpful, I believe we are the only club in such a position. How's that working out for us? The board must be privy to what is really going on but have elected to stay silent.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
There is no 17 within the 30 man squad. There is only 30+ development players. I know at least 4 of those are allowed, probably more. I thought ours are, M. Molo, Reuben, Coric, Shereb, Coric and Muhleisen. I know that's 5. I might be wrong about one.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
There is no 17 within the 30 man squad. There is only 30+ development players. I know at least 4 of those are allowed, probably more. I thought ours are, M. Molo, Reuben, Coric, Shereb, Coric and Muhleisen. I know that's 5. I might be wrong about one.
I'm not sure about Coric and Shereb but pretty sure O'Ofuo is on a development contract.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There are 4 current development contracts for 2022, J Hunt, M Molo, J Reuben and O O'Ofu. Josh Coric, Connor Muhleisen, Bailey Atrobus and Jackson Shereb are on training contracts according to the Dragons website.

Eric

Staff
There are 4 current development contracts for 2022, J Hunt, M Molo, J Reuben and O O'Ofu. Josh Coric, Connor Muhleisen, Bailey Atrobus and Jackson Shereb are on training contracts according to the Dragons website.
Almost every week these days there is some 18~20 year-old making a debut. For the teams which are going well and are guaranteed a spot in the 8 or teams no chance of making it, giving some promising young players a turn.

Griffin's development players are a 25 year-old, 28 year-old, and two 24 year-olds...... But it's ok because the team is going so well, only one has been required for more than 1 game the whole season.