Round 23 v Gold Coast Titans

Eric

Staff
Do you and others on this forum really believe that our skipper deserves the Dally M? How many matches have we won this year?
I think JDB has been our best this season. Hunt second but not because Hunt has been particularity good, because the rest have been bad. The usual suspect, Lomax has had a famously bad year. Suli was good but injured for a while now. Su'A has been ok but not justifying his salary. But in Griffin's eyes the best 4 have probably been:
  1. Hunt
  2. McCullough
  3. Mbye
  4. McGuire
Just my view.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think JDB has been our best this season. Hunt second but not because Hunt has been particularity good, because the rest have been bad. The usual suspect, Lomax has had a famously bad year. Suli was good but injured for a while now. Su'A has been ok but not justifying his salary. But in Griffin's eyes the best 4 have probably been:
  1. Hunt
  2. McCullough
  3. Mbye
  4. McGuire
Just my view.
5. Woods

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
By the end of this round, it may set a new record in the margins between the winning and losing teams. GC have the possibility to out on a big score as well. I'd say a 33% of GC winning narrowly, a 33% of Dragons winning narrowly, a 33% of Gold Coast winning by a big margin and a 1% chance of Dragons winning by a wide margin. Relatively wide margin. I can't imagine this Dragons winning by more than 20.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
By the end of this round, it may set a new record in the margins between the winning and losing teams. GC have the possibility to out on a big score as well. I'd say a 33% of GC winning narrowly, a 33% of Dragons winning narrowly, a 33% of Gold Coast winning by a big margin and a 1% chance of Dragons winning by a wide margin. Relatively wide margin. I can't imagine this Dragons winning by more than 20.
Been a bludger of a year. Looking forward to the off season and seeing who the new names are. As far as I know:
  • Moga
  • Sims
  • Burns
  • Woods
  • McGuire
  • McCullough (has apparently been told there is no place for him in the top 30)
  • Reuben
  • Faamausili
  • Kerr (same as Macca)
  • Gosiewski🥺
are all gone. They are all in the top 30 so all need to be replaced.
So far we have confirmed new signings:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Been a bludger of a year. Looking forward to the off season and seeing who the new names are. As far as I know:
  • Moga
  • Sims
  • Burns
  • Woods
  • McGuire
  • McCullough (has apparently been told there is no place for him in the top 30)
  • Reuben
  • Faamausili
  • Kerr (same as Macca)
  • Gosiewski🥺
are all gone. They are all in the top 30 so all need to be replaced.
So far we have confirmed new signings:
Look no further than who is available from the Broncos U20s team of 15 years ago.

Eric

Staff
Look at our old boy, Hutchison. A star in juniors but no, anyone remember Beau Henry? Like a Beau Henry upgrade. But the point is, I bet he's at Rorters on a minimum wage while other clubs are willing to pay him double the minimum wage. It's not a huge amount. He legally gets $500 for the trip home from the game when the petrol in his Commodore only costs $20. This is how they do it. How they cheat!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Who do you think we will be playing in the semi finals? Oh that's right 4 yrs in a row and counting. Whether Hunt gets an award at season’s end who knows but if he does it shows you how inept the rest of the team is.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Who do you think we will be playing in the semi finals? Oh that's right 4 yrs in a row and counting. Whether Hunt gets an award at season’s end who knows but if he does it shows you how inept the rest of the team is.
If the media reports are correct about Hunt being given an extension for around 1mil a year, I'm officially giving up. Of course not going to support any other club but will become "a fan of the game" rather than a Dragons fan.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Look no further than who is available from the Broncos U20s team of 15 years ago.
No new signing basically because we are broke and who in their right mind would want to come here. Not even an ex Illawarra and dragons player can be enticed to help in our coaching ranks. Remember 2025. That when we can start to be positive again unfortunately

Eric

Staff
If that happens we are stuffed until 25
Surely they can't be so incompetent as to extend Hunt for more than 800k for 2 seasons max. There is just no way it cn be as a result of simple incompetence. Personally, I'm torn as to whether I'd make an offer at all. Really good player but just hasn't got our team clicking like good playmakers are supposed to do. As a hooker for 2 years on 700K, I'd say that is fair.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Surely they can't be so incompetent as to extend Hunt for more than 800k for 2 seasons max. There is just no way it cn be as a result of simple incompetence. Personally, I'm torn as to whether I'd make an offer at all. Really good player but just hasn't got our team clicking like good playmakers are supposed to do. As a hooker for 2 years on 700K, I'd say that is fair.
This coach doesn't care about the Dragons. He only cares about his U20s Broncos team from 15 years ago, who Hunt was a member of.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax has had a famously bad year.
I keep saying Lomax is being badly short changed with this club. He is a shadow of the young player that was being touted as a future super star. Back then he was playing behind a strong engine room and a clever play maker that gave him plenty of good ball in space to utilise his natural talents. He leapt like an Aussie Rules ruckman to take the bombs. Sad to say it but having Zack move to a strong team is the best thing the can do to save his career and fulfill his destiny.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We have to watch A J Brimson carefully today as he virtually carries the Titans attack. We especially have to stop him getting clean ball to the rampaging David Fifita.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We have to watch A J Brimson carefully today as he virtually carries the Titans attack. We especially have to stop him getting clean ball to the rampaging David Fifita.
Who will be running straight at either Amone or Hunt depends on what side of the field they will play Fifita

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I keep saying Lomax is being badly short changed with this club. He is a shadow of the young player that was being touted as a future super star. Back then he was playing behind a strong engine room and a clever play maker that gave him plenty of good ball in space to utilise his natural talents. He leapt like an Aussie Rules ruckman to take the bombs. Sad to say it but having Zack move to a strong team is the best thing the can do to save his career and fulfill his destiny.
He had a few bad games in the first half of the season. In the second half, he:s been one of the best.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I have consistently said you can have the Australian kangaroos in your backline but if your engine room isn't making the advantage line consistently it won't matter who is in the backline because you just won't have the time or space to show off your talent

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I have consistently said you can have the Australian kangaroos in your backline but if your engine room isn't making the advantage line consistently it won't matter who is in the backline because you just won't have the time or space to show off your talent
F. Molo is apparently in the top 50 highest paid players in the competition...... Is he injured or in reserve grade now?