Round 24 vs Wests Tigers

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Issue is if we treat them exactly the same as we have treated our current youngsters they will leave. An example is Sloan even when Ramsay got 10 min the normal person would think play our natural fullback in that position but no let's put Bird at fullback, seriously? As a result the kid made no impact on the game.
That was bizarre even for Hook. Is he trying to screw Sloan's game up so as to be able to say, 'See! He's not first grade standard' to his media critics?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Issue is if we treat them exactly the same as we have treated our current youngsters they will leave.
Our current coaching system is very broken. Craig Young came thu the pathways system or at least the junior grade ranks to be a Kangaroo. He needs to start doing his job and sacking those thwarting the progress of our current juniors. Picking Sloan on the wing today was admitting that they dont see him as our future fullback, nor in the halves or even dummy half, yet his skills almost cry out that is where he belongs. He is wasted on the wing as his natural game is to be involved in the action. I sensed that he was reluctant to leave his wing and scout some ball in case he was badly found out of position if we coffed up the leather.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Our current coaching system is very broken. Craig Young came thu the pathways system or at least the junior grade ranks to be a Kangaroo. He needs to start doing his job and sacking those thwarting the progress of our current juniors. Picking Sloan on the wing today was admitting that they dont see him as our future fullback, nor in the halves or even dummy half, yet his skills almost cry out that is where he belongs. He is wasted on the wing as his natural game is to be involved in the action. I sensed that he was reluctant to leave his wing and scout some ball in case he was badly found out of position if we coffed up the leather.
Agree he was playing to instructions

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Honestly I think that he did that intentionally so not to be put in an embarrassing position if the kid was to score a try.
The coaching staff need to take a good squiz at his contribution in the last Ressie game to convince them of his skills.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I agree it's whispering 2025
Why so serious? Next year with more dead wood like McGuire, Macca, Woods gone and the inclusion of some excellent juniors, I think you'll see a team transformed.

Goes without saying need a new coach. If the good young players in the club haven't totally lost confidence in this coach, they are out of their minds. Seems to me he is trying to hinder their development at every opportunity.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Why so serious? Next year with more dead wood like McGuire, Macca, Woods gone and the inclusion of some excellent juniors, I think you'll see a team transformed.

Goes without saying need a new coach. If the good young players in the club haven't totally lost confidence in this coach, they are out of their minds. Seems to me he is trying to hinder their development at every opportunity.
It hurts to see a once proud and feared club wollow in mediocrity and accepting that

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
What coaching staff they all got the chop
R & R whoever. Albert and his CEO then. Are all those suits in Front Office walking around with blinkers. Cant they see they are fast losing the dressing room, they have several disgruntled juniors on their hands, they employ a coach who continually riles our fans over his obsession to favor certain players over superior others. A coach that has been in charge of a side that has won only a third of its matches the past two seasons.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What coaching staff they all got the chop
I think all but Gentle are staying on until the end of the season. But clearly they're not taking it seriously anymore. Why would they?

But the fact Albert has taken Hook's side might indicate he feels one faction, led by those who got the Hook, figuratively speaking, were undermining Hook.

Just one possible theory. Not saying I know it to be true.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
R & R whoever. Albert and his CEO then. Are all those suits in Front Office walking around with blinkers. Cant they see they are fast losing the dressing room, they have several disgruntled juniors on their hands, they employ an unpopular coach who continues to favor certain players over superior others.
I knew what you meant. I was just saying that Griffin chopped everyone. He is solely responsible for this sorry mess

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think all but Gentle are staying on until the end of the season. But clearly they're not taking it seriously anymore. Why would they?

But the fact Albert has taken Hook's side might indicate he feels one faction, led by those who got the Hook, figuratively speaking, were undermining Hook.

Just one possible theory. Not saying I know it to be true.
I said earlier in another post the hardest thing for a coach and any management to say is I or we were wrong and we are sorry. It rarely happens unfortunately

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I said earlier in another post the hardest thing for a coach and any management to say is I or we were wrong and we are sorry. It rarely happens unfortunately
...and I implying sarcastically whoever is left, only Front Office suits. A sorry state the club is in.
Cheer up. Let's see how Flegg goes and what happens before they go back for pre season training. After all, it could be worse. Look at Newcastle and Wests Tigers.

Eric

Staff
Cheer up. Let's see how Flegg goes and what happens before they go back for pre season training. After all, it could be worse. Look at Newcastle and Wests Tigers.
Wasn't able to see the game live but read about it not being among the games of the century.

I know it's not much of a consultation but along with our young guns, remember our heroines are also looking good.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Wasn't able to see the game live but read about it not being among the games of the century.

I know it's not much of a consultation but along with our young guns, remember our heroines are also looking good.
They won today against all the odds due to adversity during the game. Pity the men don't watch them

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

They won today against all the odds due to adversity during the game. Pity the men don't watch them
If they don't start kicking some conversions, its going to cost their little backsides a good tanning one day.