13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Toby Couchman
  15. Ryan Couchman
  16. Blake Lawrie
  17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  18. Lyhkan King-Togia

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno tried running a utility during the year but none of them really provided impact.. i.e. Connor, Brown, Marschke.. my theory is that against the Top4 type sides (who by no coincidence have the high profile packs).. he would rather play 4 forwards to match it with them.. and if we lose because we cop some terrible injuries then so be it..

Note: I think it'll be different in 2025.. Cook or Liddle will bring quality off the bench + our pack will be improved and capable of more minutes.

That said its not game day yet, LKT and Marshke are on the extended, not sure if its just because he had to name 21 or not.. i.e. we dont know how bad Marschkes shoulder is yet.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno tried running a utility during the year but none of them really provided impact.. i.e. Connor, Brown, Marschke.. my theory is that against the Top4 type sides (who by no coincidence have the high profile packs).. he would rather play 4 forwards to match it with them.. and if we lose because we cop some terrible injuries then so be it..

Note: I think it'll be different in 2025.. Cook or Liddle will bring quality off the bench + our pack will be improved and capable of more minutes.

That said its not game day yet, LKT and Marshke are on the extended, not sure if its just because he had to name 21 or not.. i.e. we dont know how bad Marschkes shoulder is yet.
Mate, can you please, when you go to Flannos for your weekly BBQ ask him to sign 1 big bodied prop for 25 and we should be playing semi finals football again next season but be more competitive. Cheers

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate, can you please, when you go to Flannos for your weekly BBQ ask him to sign 1 big bodied prop for 25 and we should be playing semi finals football again next season but be more competitive. Cheers
I reckon we will have 1 big body signed by the time ur sea-legs are touching land! If it was RCG he can do big minutes.. plus the Couchmans will be 21 with another preseason under their belts.. plus the 2nd hooker darting our of dummy half.. I reckon itll be a huge lift for us getting out of our own end..

But as for being a regular Top8 team... every time I look at the other 16 teams rosters.. it scares the crap out of me.. we are punching above our weight I reckon.. still a couple of years before that roster is refined and refined and finally pumping.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I reckon we will have 1 big body signed by the time ur sea-legs are touching land! If it was RCG he can do big minutes.. plus the Couchmans will be 21 with another preseason under their belts.. plus the 2nd hooker darting our of dummy half.. I reckon itll be a huge lift for us getting out of our own end..

But as for being a regular Top8 team... every time I look at the other 16 teams rosters.. it scares the crap out of me.. we are punching above our weight I reckon.. still a couple of years before that roster is refined and refined and finally pumping.
If this team is fringe top 8, next year should be easily top 8. With one big bodied prop and hopefully one more fast outside back as well. Holmes, Sloan and one more should be enough.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
If this team is fringe top 8, next year should be easily top 8. With one big bodied prop and hopefully one more fast outside back as well. Holmes, Sloan and one more should be enough.
I do agree in theory.. i.e. we will definitely be a better team for sure.. but its all relative in a competition.. you need half a dozen clubs to have rly poor years.. but id be shocked if broncs, souths, warriors, eels have years like this one though.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I do agree in theory.. i.e. we will definitely be a better team for sure.. but its all relative in a competition.. you need half a dozen clubs to have rly poor years.. but id be shocked if broncs, souths, warriors, eels have years like this one though.
That's true. Have to think Broncos and Warriors are much better. Not sure about Eels in particular. Think Bulldogs will slide. Maybe NQ as well. NQ, Broncos and Warriors have halfback problems.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yar im hoping Ryles will be a flop and Benji too.. oh and Kevvie lol.. but that Broncos roster is crazy good regardless of the coach.
Broncos pack is very overrated. Haas is very good, Carrigan pretty good, the rest I don't think would get a look in, in the Dragons squad. Their back 5 you would have to think are best in the competition. By some margin.

I think Eels with their aging, overpaid roster might pick up the wooden spoon unless Ryles can work some magic.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yep but we're screwed if Liddle gets injured. Sharks have a big bench though, a tricky choice between RFM/Lawrie & a utility.
So Flanno sees Liddle as an 80min hooker now? I don't get it. Signs Cook cause Liddle can't play 80min then plays Liddle for 80min and prays he isn't injured.

After JDB has Liddle been our most consistent forward over the last 2 years?

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Decisions made this year are based on complete lack of options.. Muheisen, Brown and Marshke all tried to be that 14 hooker off the bench and just didnt work.. next year is a different story when we finally have some depth and option for our 17. Note: If Liddle had gotten (or gets) injured at any point in 2024.. its season-over.

Whatever way he does the bench this year its a risk.. he must feel a bit more confident this week that Bird can last 80mins, and I think the Titans were missing their 2 rep props so not as big a threat as the Sharks pack will be.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Yes agree Flanagan has done very well with what he inherited.but I'm hearing the dogs got RCG they are building a top 4 roster I'm afraid

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
RCG is either with us or the dogs it seems.. if its them atleast it takes them out of the market for the other 2.. hoping we are a more attractive target than the Tigers, but as always its how much money we're willing to spend.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Building a wooden spoon team when they are caught cheating the cap again.
It does seem implausible the number of high profile players they have signed up over tge last few seasons which appears to be continuing into 25. Salary cap breaches have been happening since the introduction of the cap I'm afraid.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
It does seem implausible the number of high profile players they have signed up over tge last few seasons which appears to be continuing into 25. Salary cap breaches have been happening since the introduction of the cap I'm afraid.
Where did you read about him going to the Dogs?