Round 3 vs Broncos

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We really lack class across the field. Plenty of goers but no real class.
Yep we have some good young players but lack the engine room. We obviously ran out of puff but at the ground the Ponies looked to be in neutral in the 1st half but went through their gears when it counted. Hunt was very quiet tonight. Reynolds won that match up hands down. We were in top gear for the first 40 then slowly went back after tgat. In the last 10 we were parked. Quality top 4 team V a team that most probably won't be playing semi finals football again this season

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Boy do we. He must be spitting chips watching that last 10 min melt down. Bird must make way for JDB
This x 1000%. No knock on Bird but how much better would they be with JDB in the middle for the first 25min, then Bird on in the middle against big, tiring forwards?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
That 10 mins after oranges really hurt us. We just did not clock back on. Poor discipline again.
Some astonishing calls against us in that period, IMO. Really got them back in the game! That would not happen against the Roosters! I mean, it wouldn't happen against the Roosters vs any other team. I refer specifically to that "6 again" call very early in the second half after they made a mistake. Was it justified? Maybe if 2 of 3 play the balls are also. And then, did anyone see a camera angle showing them get close to grounding the ball in the first first half try?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Some astonishing calls against us in that period, IMO. Really got them back in the game! That would not happen against the Roosters! I mean, it wouldn't happen against the Roosters vs any other team. I refer specifically to that "6 again" call very early in the second half after they made a mistake. Was it justified? Maybe if 2 of 3 play the balls are also. And then, did anyone see a camera angle showing them get close to grounding the ball in the first first half try?
Nope. Not even close from the replays I saw.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well I can tell you now who should be playing NSW Cup until further notice and that is Murdoch - Masila. He is unfit. Missed tackles, now that can be a stat misconstrued, so if you look at Sloan he missed 3 tackles but each miss led directly to a try. The 2nd half was always my concern the Ponies got far more of the ball and we hung in there but we were spent by the 65th minutes mark. I said to my wife were gone they have run out of steam and the Ponies are holding the ball. They ended up having 9 more sets than us in attack and their completion rate was 82%, ours was great as well 80% 4 forwards ran for my 100m plus led by Molo 15 runs 176m. At half time we had 53% of possession. At the end of the match 43% so the 2nd half especially the last 15 finished us off. When Hass came back on he was unstoppable he ran for 240m he is a machine. Missed tackles same as last week 36 which is respectable Ponies 18 which is outstanding. As I said earlier Reynolds overshadowed Hunt better game management and his short kicking game inside our 20m was outstanding 8 grubbers to 0 by Hunt or Sullivan. We just didn't have the ball in the 2nd half and ran out of condition, it was still 26C last night. But the score doesn't reflect the true nature of the game. Next week Sharks at home.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well I can tell you now who should be playing NSW Cup until further notice and that is Murdoch - Masila. He is unfit. Missed tackles, now that can be a stat misconstrued, so if you look at Sloan he missed 3 tackles but each miss led directly to a try. The 2nd half was always my concern the Ponies got far more of the ball and we hung in there but we were spent by the 65th minutes mark. I said to my wife were gone they have run out of steam and the Ponies are holding the ball. They ended up having 9 more sets than us in attack and their completion rate was 82%, ours was great as well 80% 4 forwards ran for my 100m plus led by Molo 15 runs 176m. At half time we had 53% of possession. At the end of the match 43% so the 2nd half especially the last 15 finished us off. When Hass came back on he was unstoppable he ran for 240m he is a machine. Missed tackles same as last week 36 which is respectable Ponies 18 which is outstanding. As I said earlier Reynolds overshadowed Hunt better game management and his short kicking game inside our 20m was outstanding 8 grubbers to 0 by Hunt or Sullivan. We just didn't have the ball in the 2nd half and ran out of condition, it was still 26C last night. But the score doesn't reflect the true nature of the game. Next week Sharks at home.
Unfit or 31 who has played in the middle with a rest his entire career until now.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
What needs to happen so last night isn't repeated?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What needs to happen so last night isn't repeated?
We need more props otherwise we matched one of the premiership favourites for 65 min. The errors, silly individual mistakes by players and unnecessary penalties in the 2nd half hurt us badly, but honestly the ponies had so much possession in the 2nd half and used that well with great game management by Reynolds, we couldn't force mistakes because we were tired, there is nothing that could be done. The score was not a fair reflection of the game. Training this week should be not only highlighting the silly errors and mistakes but also highlighting the good things we managed to do for 65 min. Learn and improve

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We need more props otherwise we matched one of the premiership favourites for 65 min. The errors, silly individual mistakes by players and unnecessary penalties in the 2nd half hurt us badly, but honestly the ponies had so much possession in the 2nd half and used that well with great game management by Reynolds, we couldn't force mistakes because we were tired, there is nothing that could be done. The score was not a fair reflection of the game. Training this week should be not only highlighting the silly errors and mistakes but also highlighting the good things we managed to do for 65 min. Learn and improve
That Suli thing when he tried to catch the short dropout was ridiculous!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
4 forwards ran for my 100m plus
Best game Frank Molo has played for us. Best 40 mins anyway. Got plenty of minutes unlike his brother who with only a piddling 23 min window still bulldozed 74m. Another strong game from Zane Musgrove despite low mins.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin must've be having nitemares as we imploded in that last 10 mins. Was he watching his Dragons career flying out the window. Assistants Woolf and Carr wouldn't have been all that chuffed either with all their pre season work gone up in smoke. That was a monumental cave in and signals another season of struggle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin and his pets. Another reason I turned off him. Bird gets 80 min at lock, has he ever given JDB 80 mins, no. Bird topped the tackle count. Give me a break how many on his were legit and not from joining in when the player is stopped.