Round 3 vs Broncos

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Best game Frank Molo has played for us. Best 40 mins anyway. Got plenty of minutes unlike his brother who with only a piddling 23 min window still bulldozed 74m. Another strong game from Zane Musgrove despite low mins.
Did his brother not come on in the second half? Seems bizarre given how well he played whn he came on in the first half.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin must've be having nitemares as we imploded in that last 10 mins. Was he watching his Dragons career flying out the window. Assistants Woolf and Carr wouldn't have been all that chuffed either with all their pre season work gone up in smoke. That was a monumental cave in and signals another season of struggle.
That first half shows there is hope for this season, IMO.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin must've be having nitemares as we imploded in that last 10 mins. Was he watching his Dragons career flying out the window. Assistants Woolf and Carr wouldn't have been all that chuffed either with all their pre season work gone up in smoke. That was a monumental cave in and signals another season of struggle.

That first half shows there is hope for this season, IMO.
No semi finals football again this season unless we have those 2 young Manly props available mid season then perhaps just perhaps

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
With JDB on board, they should be very confident about beating the Donkey's but unfortunately, don't play again unless in the finals. Giving them another thrashing at Lang Park in the finals. How good would that be? Apart from that game v the Roosters 12 and a half years ago, that Broncos finals game at Lang Park is my favourite game ever!!!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Last 20 mins. IF ONLY.. famous last words. The elusive Tyrell Sloan busts em wide open where was his support.. 6 points gone begging. Lomax follows a good chip by Sully regathers and grounds the pill, a fraction off four points. Had we been able to add those points at a crucial time, reckon we'd have had the confidence and momentum not to crumble so miserably. IF ONLY.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Harsh to blame Sloan for a couple of those late tries jodragon. Where was the forward defense that allowed that giant Haas to slip two superb off loads. Once the line was broken the Broncs support was lining up. Little Sloan could do but it I was not like he was run over, rather he pulled off full length dives. E for effort. The other tries were a poor read by our outside backs and a missed tackle by Lomax, Sloan made the next one which would have saved the try had he not offloaded.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Reynolds showed Ben Hunt how a clever play maker goes about his business. Hunt also gave them valuable possession and field position before that late savaging with his dumb shoulder charge. His kicking game was off too. A poor game by our skipper.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
How I rated our spine.
Hunt- 5
Sully-6
Sloan-8
Liddle-8.
Liddle continues to impress me. He has added spark to the dummy half, gives us valuable metreage with his quick snipes, has subtle ball skills, defense is solid. A very good job bringing him here R&R.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Harsh to blame Sloan for a couple of those late tries jodragon. Where was the forward defense that allowed that giant Haas to slip two superb off loads. Once the line was broken the Broncs support was lining up. Little Sloan could do but it I was not like he was run over, rather he pulled off full length dives. E for effort. The other tries were a poor read by our outside backs and a missed tackle by Lomax, Sloan made the next one which would have saved the try had he not offloaded.
In time I hope young Sloan will be able to read the game from his position. It is a very important ingredient in the makeup of a top shelf fullback. Yes you are correct in your assumption that the front line defence failed its job. My point as you quite rightly point out is 2 we're full length dives ala a soccer goalkeeper to try and tackle the ball carriers the other was he was stepped. Back to my point on all 3 occasions he didn't read the game therefore he was caught out of position. I always instilled into my fullbacks you are it the last line I do care if you miss a tackle but I care more that you didn't read the game and follow the move and were not in a position to make or miss that tackle. He will hopefully learn because our defence was poor in the last 15 min due to fatigue. It appeared to me at the ground that our bench and replacements were mistimed and left us short in those minutes.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
How I rated our spine.
Hunt- 5
Sully-6
Sloan-8
Liddle-8.
Liddle continues to impress me. He has added spark to the dummy half, gives us valuable metreage with his quick snipes, has subtle ball skills, defense is solid. A very good job bringing him here R&R.
I thought Hunt had one of his quieter games. That 1st run by Liddle from dummy half was electric and gave me some hope. Unfortunately it was far and few between.
Hunt 4
Sullivan 6
Sloan 7
Liddle 7

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Last 20 mins. IF ONLY.. famous last words. The elusive Tyrell Sloan busts em wide open where was his support.. 6 points gone begging. Lomax follows a good chip by Sully regathers and grounds the pill, a fraction off four points. Had we been able to add those points at a crucial time, reckon we'd have had the confidence and momentum not to crumble so miserably. IF ONLY.
And that my friend is the game of RL especially in these days.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Reynolds showed Ben Hunt how a clever play maker goes about his business. Hunt also gave them valuable possession and field position before that late savaging with his dumb shoulder charge. His kicking game was off too. A poor game by our skipper.
Forwards could have helped Hunt, Sully and Sloan much more with better field position.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
How I rated our spine.
Hunt- 5
Sully-6
Sloan-8
Liddle-8.
Do you remember my post before a game was played ....
(Just on this , I have feeling that Liddle might just surprise us ...... Will be quicker around the ruck than most might think ..... Time will tell as long as Hook gives him ago .....)

Report Edit Delete
Reactions:RedV01 and Chris M