Round 3 vs North Queensland Cowboys

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
If Bird can't fill in at hooker for 15 or so min
Mate the bloke hogs the effing footy and runs cross field, how is he going to be a distributor or make little darts even for 15 mins. Have seen sufficient of Marschke now, he'll do me for a Liddle speller. He can also fill in at halves if the Flanagan/Hunt combo keeps puttering along. Flanagan fed the dangerous left edge once and looked a million bucks, has not done it since. Is he being coached this way? Baffling.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lawrie 146m
Yet you continue to want him out. Without him and JDB in our pack we'd be 40% worse off. Wanna rubbish guys try , Eisenhuth, BMM and Mariner, piss weak metres game after game. I'd bring in Tuitavake, start Fifita for Frank Molo. BMM is only good for late mins against a tired defence.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yet you continue to want him out. Without him and JDB in our pack we'd be 40% worse off. Wanna rubbish guys try , Eisenhuth, BMM and Mariner, piss weak metres game after game. I'd bring in Tuitavake, start Fifita for Frank Molo. BMM is only good for late mins against a tired defence.
Wow, big call. I dont want him out. I have consistently said that he was the workhorse that every pack needs, punches above his weight every game, inspires others to dig in and have a go. I did suggest that he and we would be better served if he came off the bench, that's not rubbishing him. Alas we don't have the 2 big bodied starting props we have needed for the last 5 yrs, hence he starts, gets smashed, gets up keeps going but he's no line breaker , hes a toiler, that doesn't cause any fear in the opposition and the stats confirm that, 2022 - 24 games - 1 linebreak, 2023 - 22 games - 2 line breaks.

Fifita appears to be one of our future starting props, perhaps as soon as next season. JDB has always been a lock not a prop and has sacrificed himself for the benefit of the team and club. Im certainly not rubbishing him, anyone that pulls on a 1st grade jersey has realised a dream, so perhaps choose your words more carefully.

Eric

Staff
Wow, big call. I dont want him out. I have consistently said that he was the workhorse that every pack needs, punches above his weight every game, inspires others to dig in and have a go. I did suggest that he and we would be better served if he came off the bench, that's not rubbishing him. Alas we don't have the 2 big bodied starting props we have needed for the last 5 yrs, hence he starts, gets smashed, gets up keeps going but he's no line breaker , hes a toiler, that doesn't cause any fear in the opposition and the stats confirm that, 2022 - 24 games - 1 linebreak, 2023 - 22 games - 2 line breaks.

Fifita appears to be one of our future starting props, perhaps as soon as next season. JDB has always been a lock not a prop and has sacrificed himself for the benefit of the team and club. Im certainly not rubbishing him, anyone that pulls on a 1st grade jersey has realised a dream, so perhaps choose your words more carefully.
This is exactly my view as well. I want Lawrie to be able to play longer each game. For that reason, I'd like to see him start on the bench. Come on after about 15min and maybe stay on for the remainder of the game. His ability to play a long time is the best aspect of his game. Let a bigger, faster prop but with less stamina smash in for the first 15min and then hand it over to Lawrie.

Why hasn't this already been tried?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

FLANNO SEES ‘POSITIVES’ DESPITE GLARING DEFENSIVE ISSUES

While an impressive 28-4 win against the Titans in Round 1 was an exciting start to the Shane Flanagan Dragons era, that victory seems so long ago after the last two performances from the Red V.

After being thrashed 38-0 by the Dolphins last week, the Dragons leaked 46 points to a red hot Cowboys side on Saturday night. That’s an embarrassing 84 points conceded in two weeks.

When asked what the issues defensively were, Flanagan said the Cowboys dominated his side around the ruck with missing key troops not helping either.

“I just think we are lacking a little bit of leg speed in the middle of the park with Jacob Liddle, Francis Molo, Hame Sele and Jaydn Su’A out. They are four good forwards there,” he said.

Don't make excuses Flanno. You are the one who keeps picking Eisenhuth and you picked BMM. And of course Bird on centres, Zac on the wing.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is exactly my view as well. I want Lawrie to be able to play longer each game. For that reason, I'd like to see him start on the bench. Come on after about 15min and maybe stay on for the remainder of the game. His ability to play a long time is the best aspect of his game. Let a bigger, faster prop but with less stamina smash in for the first 15min and then hand it over to Lawrie.

Why hasn't this already been tried?
Who would we choose to play that role? There isn't anyone at the moment.