Round 4 v Cronulla

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Sloan who needs to place himself and read the game better in defence
Give the kid a break.. he is a rookie at this level and learning his game.
Isn't it worth considering that the Dragons were without their best defender? Without him, the rest just couldn't keep it going for 80min.
Footy is an 80 min game. They should not have folded like they did without a whimper. So every time this season JBD misses a game we can expect similar. FF sake R&R buy good defensive forwards as well as good ball runners.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's 1st grade not U18. This is one of the reasons why I would suggest to you that he didn't get a go last season. The fullback position these days is an essential part of where and how your front line defence reacts to changes in the opposition attacking structures. I was at the ground and I watched him closely especially in the 2nd half and he was not dictating to the front line where to go, he was failing to communicate with them. It's not good enough he needs to do better. Making soccer goalkeeper like dives in an attempt to make a tackle is Schoolboys stuff it was embarrassing. Remember that he has achieved what 99% of players never will he made 1st grade. It's now time to appreciate that fact and get better defensively. He would get no breaks from me either learn that part of your trade or take a break in reserves until you do. Just an old broken down coaches view.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Footy is an 80 min game. They should not have folded like they did without a whimper. So every time this season JBD misses a game we can expect similar. FF sake R&R buy good defensive forwards as well as good ball runners.
Yes you can consider that. However, It's times like last week's embarrassing collapse that the other players on the field need to stand up, take responsibility, put in that extra 5% just for the sake of your team mates and your jersey. They didn't, they certainly did not deserve to lose by that scoreline but it was an epic failure of team fitness and team morale.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Organising the defensive line is something only a trained eye tends to notice.
I disagree a key component of any quality 1st grade fullback is the ability to read the game from his position on the field. Be in the right position at different situations during the course of the game. He is responsible for communicating to the nominated players in the front line what defensive structure alterations need to be made to combat the oppositions attack. We won't improve in that area until he does and that is a fact. Just my humble view

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I disagree a key component of any quality 1st grade fullback is the ability to read the game from his position on the field. Be in the right position at different situations during the course of the game. He is responsible for communicating to the nominated players in the front line what defensive structure alterations need to be made to combat the oppositions attack. We won't improve in that area until he does and that is a fact. Just my humble viewI
I don't doubt what you say. I mean, it's not something a casual fan tends to notice.

Eric

Staff
I was going to use same words Eric Eric. You can bet Griffin is giving his Broncs pet Bird an easy ride. He couldnt play in JDB's shadow. Meanwhile our forward defense will continue to miss tackes JBD makes and putting our rookie fullback under immense pressure trying to take on three guys at once.

Why was Michael Molo left out Griffin??? Was about our most impacting forward along with his brother on Sat-- 23 piddling minutes our crap coach gave him and he still came up with 74 metres. He destroys defenses like a bulldozer.
When Mike Molo came on in the first half, he really surprised me in attack and defence. I didn't know he could play that well.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
When Mike Molo came on in the first half, he really surprised me in attack and defence. I didn't know he could play that well.
He went well. He's not big in terms of a forward but in the time he was on he was busy. 7 runs 74m so avg over 10m a hit up his pcm was good 31m made 10 tackles missed only the 1 only played 23 min should have got more. He would have been handy in the latter part of the game

Eric

Staff
He went well. He's not big in terms of a forward but in the time he was on he was busy. 7 runs 74m so avg over 10m a hit up his pcm was good 31m made 10 tackles missed only the 1 only played 23 min should have got more. He would have been handy in the latter part of the game
You get into details much more than me. I only watch the game and notice guys playing well but sometimes I get the wrong impression. I think all his hit ups and almost all of his tackles were quality.

You know, I've been very critical of signing him, Liddle, Molo, Murdoch-Masila and others but the first 3 of them have been very impressive in the first 2 games, IMO. So at this stage, I have to admit I was wrong. Though still early days.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You get into details much more than me. I only watch the game and notice guys playing well but sometimes I get the wrong impression. I think all his hit ups and almost all of his tackles were quality.

You know, I've been very critical of signing him, Liddle, Molo, Murdoch-Masila and others but the first 3 of them have been very impressive in the first 2 games, IMO. So at this stage, I have to admit I was wrong. Though still early days.
MM has disappointed me he is a big unit especially when you see him live, I wouldn't recommend telling him that. I suspect that he is not fully fit and appears to be caught out of position on a few occasions last week. I'm not sure he is comfortable in the role the coach has him playing at the moment. Agree with your assessment of Liddle and Molo at this stage

Eric

Staff
MM has disappointed me he is a big unit especially when you see him live, I wouldn't recommend telling him that. I suspect that he is not fully fit and appears to be caught out of position on a few occasions last week. I'm not sure he is comfortable in the role the coach has him playing at the moment. Agree with your assessment of Liddle and Molo at this stage
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Wonder why the Tigers were so enthusiastic about getting rid of Musgrove and Liddle.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
How good is Jackson Ford playing for the Warriors? Ford was obviously not given a fair shake by Griffin. Chalk another one up for me.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Last week’s Dragons team:

1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Jack Bird 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Zane Musgrove 17. Josh Kerr 18. Michael Molo 20. Jaiyden Hunt

Team tips: Jack de Belin is close to returning from a calf injury but few changes are expected for the Dragons from their loss to Brisbane. Jayden Sullivan’s form at five-eighth means Talatau Amone will likely have to bide his time in his bid to return since being cleared by the NRL to play.

Something might need to be done about Murdoch-Masila. He needs a rest during the game.
In NSW Cup

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
How good is Jackson Ford playing for the Warriors? Ford was obviously not given a fair shake by Griffin. Chalk another one up for me.
Was just going to say this. I can understand why they let him go. He never reached any great heights at the Dragons but now he's showing the ability was always there.