Round 4 v Cronulla

Eric

Staff
I know this won't be a pleasant experience but could everyone nominate the 3-2-1 best players for the Dragons? 3 being best, 1, third best.

3. Su'A
2. Lawrie
1. Liddle

For me.

Eric

Staff
Can anyone explain why Griffin keeps picking Kerr? I know he wasn't the worst today. He rarely is. But he's ben given chance after chance after chance and never had what you could call a genuinely "good game" where only his mother would give any Dally M points. M. Molo has hardly has a chance at all but I feel has been quite good in the few chances he has had.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I was still in cricket mode so missed the game, just as well I did as we had another second half blow out so it is now imperitive our dead in the water coach and his assistants arrest this pronto. How can we be only playing for 40 bloody minutes. Where is our condition, our discipline our grit and steel. Has been the case all years starting with St Helens.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I see our most consistent book end Blake Lawrie again led the way with a 134m/38 tackle double. Big Block also took out Dally M second points. Must have had a blinder in a pathetic losing side. How gutting is it for him and our other long termers seeing the way we are capitulating every game after being competitive for the first 40..

Yet to watch the game, may not now, but read we had a shot at a try on oranges but the bunker stuffed us. May have made some difference to our confidence had that been given.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
1 point for running onto the field , 2 points for running off the field at half time , 3 points for not coming back on the field after full time ......

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Did Hunt have a decent game? Dont see it in his season stats. Is not even rated in the top 50 for try assists. He is the team leader, supposed to steer us around the paddock, make a majority of our plays. For the money we pay him he is not delivering. I say when Griffin goes pay out Hunt and then go hunting for an organizing half back.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Did Hunt have a decent game? Dont see it in his season stats. Is not even rated in the top 50 for try assists. He is the team leader, supposed to steer us around the paddock, make a majority of our plays. For the money we pay him he is not delivering. I say when Griffin goes pay out Hunt and then go hunting for an organizing half back.
He was far from the worst. I wasn't in favour of re-signing him but it looks like Sully isn't the organising halfback we hoped for. He looks like a running 5/8 who'll do well behind a good pack, like the pack the Dragons don't have now.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
That is so sad. We are again in shambles and the laffing stock of the comp. What good has this joint venture given us. I am so miserable seeing what has become of our once great and proud St George club.
Sorry to say old mate , but unless there is a complete shake up of the board , get use to it because not much will change ..... I started a thread if I remember rightly, " Where do you see us in 5 years " And some people had a go at me , my theory was nothing will change ...... its 3 years in and no improvement , so it will be a waste of 5 years AGAIN ..... But Hay how can you build anything when the Board have a year each (St George side then the Illawarra side ) of running things ...... the place is not a joint venture, it's a disjointed venture ......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
the place is not a joint venture, it's a disjointed venture
Some one with big kahunas has to acknowledge this and lead a push for change. I dont care if we are in struggle street as a stand alone club again, like the Phoenix, we will rise again from the ashes. The RED V means something to many people. We have a proud history. We should be given a second change to have it again.
I really am a soppy old bastard.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Some one with balls has to acknowledge this and lead a push for change. I dont care if we are in struggle street as a stand alone club again, like the Phoenix, we will rise again from the ashes. We have a proud history. The RED V means something to many people. We should be given a second change to have it again.
I really am a soppy old bastard.
Im all for a split , if either side of the merger folds then be it .... It aint working now ....

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hynes toyed with our defense, a class act. Again we lacked any kind of structure in the second, our discipline went out the door and our middle defense was brittle. Too many guys going upper and unable to stop the ball carrier. Lomax with little clean ball again. Get Rava in the forwards as his three poor defensive reads all led to tries. S'ua is our best edge forward keep him there Griffin.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Hynes toyed with our defense, a class act. Again we lacked any kind of structure in the second and our middle defense was deplorable. Too many guys going upper when we also we need someone round the legs. Get Rava in the forwards as his three poor defensive reads all led to tries. S'ua is our best edge forward.
I'll just say it's easy when in almost every hit up they are making 10~15 metres.