Round 4 v Cronulla

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'll just say it's easy when in almost every hit up they are making 10~15 metres.
They ran for 500m more than we did. 1 forward Lawrie ran for 100m but oy 2 of theirs did the same. The damage was done by their backs running on our edges and once clear of the ruck.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

2023 Season - By Round​

Who has trouble accessing the complete player stats from this NRL stats section. Sometimes it shows with a cursor click, other times it dont. So bloody frustrating. An obvious software flaw the NRL must fix.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I just want to say it isn't that the Shonkies are a good team. The first half showed that. They are a fringe top 8 team.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Obviously, had more possession. Upside was we actually shared the same completion rate, 75%.
Downside was the poor effective tackle rate of 85% with 39 misses and 18 ineffectives. Our defense coach needs to do better.

We missed 45 tackles 75% completion rate, 49% possession, we ran for 1267m they ran for 1757m we made 2 line breaks to their 11, we made 22 tackle breaks they made 39. We just don't have the engine room to be competitive at the moment.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Dont help when the Ressie coach plays him out of position. He is a running 5/8 not a bloody organizing half. He barely has a long kicking game. Only short grubbers and chips..
Griffin tells the NSW Cup coach who to pick and where. Why is he so enthusiastic about about picking players out of position. It's obviously not working so why keep trying? Has Griffin lost his mind?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin tells the NSW Cup coach who to pick and where. Why is he so enthusiastic about about picking players out of position. It's obviously not working so why keep trying? Has Griffin lost his mind?
We have such a well regarded highly experienced Ressie coach, Bronx Goodwin, give me a break, seriously? What experience does he have coaching? I'm sure he was only an asst coach in our jersey Flegg team. I should get the suit out of mothballs and knock on the boardroom door. This is one example of how a person's name influences the decision making process

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin tells the NSW Cup coach who to pick and where.
Then yes he has lost it. He is clutching at straws in an effort to try to hold onto his extremely tenuous job. Is making things worse. FO has also lost it by now asking him to reapply for the post. What the.. just sack him and be done with him. At least this will engender some outside interest.. if we are looking at either Hasler or Jason Ryles we may soon find out.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Then yes he has lost it. He is clutching at straws in an effort to try to hold onto his extremely tenuous job. Is making things worse. FO has also lost it by now asking him to reapply for the post. What the.. just sack him and be done with him. At least this will engender some outside interest.. if we are looking at either Hasler or Jason Ryles we may soon find out.
I think it's normal and happens at every club. Maybe I exaggerated. Griffin tells the NSW Cup coach where he wants players earmarked for first grade where he wants them to play. Like he tells the NSW Cup coach to pick M. Molo at prop and leave him on for at least 50min. But as for Bill Burns, coach has no plans to pick him in first grade so NSW Cup coach can do whatever he likes in regard to how to use Burns.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think it's normal and happens at every club. Maybe I exaggerated. Griffin tells the NSW Cup coach where he wants players earmarked for first grade where he wants them to play. Like he tells the NSW Cup coach to pick M. Molo at prop and leave him on for at least 50min. But as for Bill Burns, coach has no plans to pick him in first grade so NSW Cup coach can do whatever he likes in regard to how to use Burns.
It's true, we'll in my time it was, to get together midweek with your reserve and U21 Coaches back in the day and discuss player progress, positions, injury return.

Eric

Staff
I should have got 3 but a good scorer will beat a good tipper everyday of the week. I tipped 6 from 8 don't think anyone else did so 3 points in any other comp. 😉
I was referring to best 3 for the Dragons. After Lawrie, no one seemed to have any idea so I chose 1 and 2 out of left field, as they say.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
A lot of people won't like this. I don't like it but I'm going to put it out there anyway.
Tyrell Sloan had 4 runs for 52 run metres. I think you will really struggle to find a fullback less involved.