Round 5 vs Newcastle Knights

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bird HAS TO GO. Not even bench, Ressies. Eisenhuth and Mariner have had one decent game in five. Vili Fifita and Toby Couchman, even Tuitavake have to come into the 17, give Fifita a crack at starting prop, Jack is a lock NOT A PROP Flanagan. The bloke came off the bench last week played like a superstar for the next 60 mins so this dud coach puts him back to prop.
Changes are needed but going by the presser won't be many changes ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sorry to say guys but we are HEADED FOR THE WOODEN SPOON UNLESS FLANAGAN MAKES SOME MUCH NEEDED CHANGES!!
I said during the game Flanno has to make some serious changes, not just tinker around the edges.
  1. Slaon
  2. Finau
  3. Tamale
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava
  6. Marschke
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. F. Molo
  11. Su'a
  12. Leilua
  13. JDB
  14. Bird
  15. Couchman
  16. Couchman
  17. RFM
#10 under a lot of pressure from Sele

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I said during the game Flanno has to make some serious changes, not just tinker around the edges.
  1. Slaon
  2. Finau
  3. Tamale
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava
  6. Marschke
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. F. Molo
  11. Su'a
  12. Leilua
  13. JDB
  14. Bird
  15. Couchman
  16. Couchman
  17. RFM
#10 under a lot of pressure from Sele
My team whould be swap the reserve team with the first team , leave Lomax , JDB , Liddle , (Hunt if we have to ) Leilua , Sele and thats about it ........ and Sloan I forgot him .......

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Have to , he and Flanagan as their halves Glover and Ralph dont appear to be FG standard from what I have seen of them
Agree. For better or worse, we are stuck with Hunt at least for this year. Simply a lack of options. Apart from his attitude, he's not "bad" on the field. Just overrated.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Best of mates then. You enjoy picking out blokes little errors dont you.This is a friendly forum. Keep it that way pal.
If Blocka played badly, got smashed by their centre, because he's unhappy with the Lomax situation, he can pack his bags as well.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My team whould be swap the reserve team with the first team , leave Lomax , JDB , Liddle , (Hunt if we have to ) Leilua , Sele and thats about it ........
Sloan
Finau
Lomax
Tamale
Rava
Flanno jr
F Hunt
Molo
Liddle
Fifita
S'ua
Leilua
JDB
Marschke
Tuitavake/ M Molo
Toby Couchman
Josh Coric

Oh crap, Sele will have to go in there somewhere.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
because he's unhappy with the Lomax situation, he can pack his bags as well.
If Lawrie is playing down due to sympathy for his good mate and no longer putting in 100%, then yes no room for him. Have a strong feeling he will also ask for a release.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Drop Lawrie?
He has not been playing all that badly. First two games he did not look match fit coming back from an injury. He played a blinder against the Cowboys, topped the RM, 146 if memory serves. Like Eric Eric says, bring him off the bench but give him decent minutes, as he has a good engine for a big man.
Below is what former coach jodragon said of Lawrie amd I agree 💯.

I dont want him out. I have consistently said that he was the workhorse that every pack needs, punches above his weight every game, inspires others to dig in and have a go.

Eric

Staff
He has not been playing all that badly. First two games he did not look match fit coming back from an injury. He played a blinder against the Cowboys, topped the RM, 146 if memory serves. Like Eric Eric says, bring him off the bench but give him decent minutes, as he has a good engine for a big man.

I dont want him out. I have consistently said that he was the workhorse that every pack needs, punches above his weight every game, inspires others to dig in and have a go.
I got the idea off jodragon40 jodragon40 but yeah, I think it's right. He's not going to break any games open but having a hard worker in the middle can only be good if he's the only one. Right now we have him, M. Molo and Eisenhuth who could be considered "workhorses" who are never going to break a game open. Frank Molo is a bit like that as well on his best days. Recently he's been making more metres but hardly a standout.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Come to think of it, I think that's a good idea as well.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That's why I don't want Lawrie starting. Gets smashed by their centre. Gets back up, runs hard, gets smashed again, drops the ball. If he came on later, when fatigue is a factor, wouldn't happen.
Seeing your front rower get hammered one on one by a centre can't be good for morale.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
And their 6 and 7 out played ours ...... Really Hunt can't control a game never has and never will ...... Yep Flanno extend his contract ......
I think our forwards went ok last night. Haven't looked at stats but the defence was just terrible. Again.