Round 5 vs Newcastle Knights

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is Zac wanting out of his contract influenced by the club evidently knocking him back last year when he asked if he could also box. Evidently he has asked that his next contact includes that proviso.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Why the bloody hell does he also wanna box? Dont he get sufficient noggin knocks playing footy. Obviously for the coin. Pangai Jr wanted to do this and isnt his career now on standby.
He's a sportsman through and through. Probably just likes it. And I'd bet he's much better at it than Pangai Jr.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Our Ressies also went down yesterday, only by the one try. We were behind in most stats, but held our own in set completions and line breaks, in fact it was 48 to 33. This tells me our finishing was poor. If these blokes wanna play top grade they are gonna have to eradicate silly handling errors that spoil our hard earned field position and chances for points.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Watched the replay.Gotta say we held our own for the most part, but they had a better short kicking game and lucked in with the bounce of a slippery ball. We have two terrific edgies now Luch has joined S'ua. I had no idea Luch was that quick, showing good pace going thru a gap and almost putting Moses in. I like the swapping between Zac and Tyrell as they were atrocious conditions and Zac is the more experienced of the two. Thanks be praised we had Jack, tackled like a demon. Any wonder Frank had second most metres as he played full mins. Was that part of his new deal. Conversely Blocka had piddling mins as did Mike.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
The club said he could box as long as he had insurance but the premium was too high.
He has been doing boxing training for years. Volk said that he would make it as MMA fighter with his core strength.
He seems extremely strong even for his size. I remember last year in the Anzac game, he picked Tedesco up and threw him around like he was a small halfback.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Blocka is 27, they never played juniors together, maybe half a dozen games in ressies
Blocka is 27!? That crept up fast. I must be getting old. I thought he was around 24-25. I'm not sure if he'll see out the year in first grade. Not if the Couchmans keep playing well in the NSW Cup. They are bigger, faster, more skillful and just as fit.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I had only two forwards running 100m jodragon, Leilua 164, F Molo 140, who were the other two you said. The middle defense must have been an improvement on our two shockers with some big numbers from specially, Liddle 50, Jack 44. Most other forwards were in the 30s. Liddle is still not making enuff of those little darts against dozey markers.
JDB 108m and Su'a 106m . Our big improvement has come in the missed tackles area, only 21 against the Knights its been remarkable turnaround in that stat. If there were ever conditions that would have suited the dummy half runs it was on Friday night, Liddle 3 runs only for 37m, Marsche 7 runs for 63m

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
They are bigger, faster, more skillful and just as fit.
..and are back rowers, or should be tho Toby is doing a decent job at prop at the moment. I had this pair being edgies, but now Luch is back home and no indication Jayden wants out, we already have a potentially devastating pair of edgies. Luch has been outstanding in his few games.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
..and are back rowers, or should be tho Toby is doing a decent job at prop at the moment. I had this pair being edgies, but now Luch is back home and no indication Jayden wants out, we already have a potentially devastating pair of edgies. Luch has been outstanding in his few games.
They are like RFM. Can play in the middle or an edge.

Blocka had a bad game. He's allowed every now and then. He'll bounce back next week.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
They are like RFM. Can play in the middle or an edge.

Blocka had a bad game. He's allowed every now and then. He'll bounce back next week.
Hopefully he does , but I cant see him being a starter long term if Flanno signs some athletic mobile forwards ........ or even on the bench .......

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Swipe Up Look Here GIF by UFC

Those changes are needed. Especially the Couchmans. But after watching that horror show, I'm just staggered Lomax is the one being forced out while Bird and Suli are secure in the centres. Unbelievable!

This is what we need to know about​