Round 7 St George Illawarra vs Canberra

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team tips: The Dragons face a nervous wait with Francis Molo placed on report for a hig shot on Titans prop Moeaki Fotuaika. The NRL is yet to release his charge and if he is sidelined, a new recruit could make his club debut off the bench. Viliami Fifita made n off-season switch from the Sea Eagles in a swap deal which saw Aaron Woods go the other way. Despite playing only 22 minutes against the Bears in NSW Cup, Griffin could rush the highly-rated youngster into his team.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Team tips: The Dragons face a nervous wait with Francis Molo placed on report for a hig shot on Titans prop Moeaki Fotuaika. The NRL is yet to release his charge and if he is sidelined, a new recruit could make his club debut off the bench. Viliami Fifita made n off-season switch from the Sea Eagles in a swap deal which saw Aaron Woods go the other way. Despite playing only 22 minutes against the Bears in NSW Cup, Griffin could rush the highly-rated youngster into his team.
Hopefully a new coach will be picking the team for this game.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Jack de Belin
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Michael Molo
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jayden Sullivan
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Viliami Fifita

Rava must be injured so it's no surprise to see only Musgrove taking the place of suspended Molo and our speedstar on the wing, Tautau Moga taking Rava's place.

Eric

Staff

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Jack de Belin
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Michael Molo
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jayden Sullivan
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Viliami Fifita

Rava must be injured so it's no surprise to see only Musgrove taking the place of suspended Molo and our speedstar on the wing, Tautau Moga taking Rava's place.
Tautau Moga.......... The slowest player in the 17 is on the wingt. God help us.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Tautau Moga.......... The slowest player in the 17 is on the wingt. God help us.
I think the coach has just given up and at this point, he's just picking his personal favourites because he knows he'll be gone soon and after he is, no way will his old favourites like Moga even be considered for first grade.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I think the coach has just given up and at this point, he's just picking his personal favourites because he knows he'll be gone soon and after he is, no way will his old favourites like Moga even be considered for first grade.
He might have given up but this thing with picking his old favourites no matter what has been going on for the duration of his time at the Dragons.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Jack de Belin
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Michael Molo
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jayden Sullivan
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Viliami Fifita

He says with tongue firmly in cheek. Bewildeing by Griffin. Why doesnt the other Fegai twin ever get a top spot or the Melbourne kid Sione, always Usain Bolt. At least Musgrove returns to the engine room yet we cant get rid of the lazy Masila??? Bird still hogging JDB's spot, Mike Molo or Jaiden Hunt still not being given a crack either. When the F*** is this coach going to be sacked????

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He says with tongue firmly in cheek. Bewildeing by Griffin. Why doesnt the other Fegai twin ever get a top spot or the Melbourne kid Sione, always Usain Bolt. At least Musgrove returns to the engine room yet we cant get rid of the lazy Masila??? Bird still hogging JDB's spot, Mike Molo or Jaiden Hunt still not being given a crack either. When the F*** is this coach going to be sacked????
Bewildewring is a good way to put it. As far as I can see
  • Picking the other Feagai on the wing is a no-brainer. Picking Moga in the NSW Cup is laughable let alone in first grade. The NSW Cup outside backs surely have to contain Feagai, Stewart, Finau, Lobb, Turner. None of them are injured.
  • Masila has to go! It's not his fault. He's been a prop all his career and at 31 Griffin has the very bright idea to turn him into a second rower!!
  • Starting JDB at lock and leaving him on as long as possible is a must!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin has the very bright idea to turn him into a second rower!!
..and an edge one too where all he looks like a a bit fat duck out of water, managing only to get in the way of any positive back line moves. If he has to stay in the 17 stick him on the bench where his size will be of use against a tiring defense. He is totally not without skills as I have seen him once employ a very useful off load that put a player into a gap.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Bewildewring is a good way to put it. As far as I can see
  • Picking the other Feagai on the wing is a no-brainer. Picking Moga in the NSW Cup is laughable let alone in first grade. The NSW Cup outside backs surely have to contain Feagai, Stewart, Finau, Lobb, Turner. None of them are injured.
  • Masila has to go! It's not his fault. He's been a prop all his career and at 31 Griffin has the very bright idea to turn him into a second rower!!
  • Starting JDB at lock and leaving him on as long as possible is a must!
Did Moga start his career in Hook's superstar Broncos U20s team? If so, that explains his extraordinary loyalty to him. His (Hook's) loyalty to those blokes has cost him and the Dragons dearly.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Wonder when Griffin is dumped will he try and take his Qld gang with him, Benny, Bird, Moga and Macca. Even Benny we will be able to replace, hopefully with a genuine ball in hand organizer. I watched some footage of our Flegg side and one of the halves looks a good little play maker. Will try to find his name. I still can not find last years Flegg half Braxton Hall anywhere. He is listed as our Ressie half but has not played there virtually all season.
Bird played for Broncos but of course not part of the Hook's storied, career making, Broncos U20s team from 14 years ago. Moga might have been. I don't know. Just looking for some reason for his extraordinary loyalty to Moga. Of course Benny and Macca were. If Macca hadn't received a job offer he really wanted to take in Brisbane, he would have still been on the books this year and almost certainly starting at #9 each week. Extraordinary stuff. He ceased being NRL standard about 5 years ago.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Bird played for Broncos but of course not part of the Hook's storied, career making, Broncos U20s team from 14 years ago. Moga might have been. I don't know. Just looking for some reason for his extraordinary loyalty to Moga. Of course Benny and Macca were. If Macca hadn't received a job offer he really wanted to take in Brisbane, he would have still been on the books this year and almost certainly starting at #9 each week. Extraordinary stuff. He ceased being NRL standard about 5 years ago.
That was the same for Aaron Woods. Murdoch-Masila has only been in and out of first grade, except when he was sent packing to the ESL, his entire career. Now he is right at the end of his career, Hook has him in the run on side every week. Go figure that one out!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Remember this game is still on and Hook is still the coach and he picked his favourite superstar winger Tautau Moga.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
By picking Moga I'd say that at this point Griffin is taking the piss out of the fans.
I don't think he's taking the piss out of us. I think he's given up and now he knows he's about to be turfed, he's picking his old favourites regardless of form, ability or anything like that.