Round 7: St George Illawarra vs New Zealand Warriors

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Jack Bird is set to sit out for a week after suffering a head knock, however the Dragons could challenge grading with Shane Flanagan explaining Bird was “fine in the dressing room, absolutely nothing wrong with him”. Flanagan has multiple options to replace him, with Zac Lomax a chance of moving back to the centres. That decision seems unlikely considering his form on the wing, meaning Savelio Tamale could be in line for an NRL debut or Max Feagai could earn a call-up.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
When Bird has not trained Zac has been centre with Rav outside and CT on the left.
Flanno will go with that I think as long as Rav is fit.
By my calculations Bird will miss ANZAC GAME as well.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think this is going to be hardest game yet. RTS against Bird might have gotten embarrassing. I think in defence, Lomax will be far more capable of bringing down RTS. Also another of their hypenated last named players, Nicholl-Klockstad might give Sloan a lesson on what it takes to be a good fullback. Slaon has more talent in his little finger but in attack he'll be hanging around the back, outside and behind the centres for most of the time while Nicholl-Klockstad will be around the ball constantly looking for an offload or just helping out with a carry. I guess unless Sloan makes a long range break or two, Nicholl-Klockstad will end up running for about twice as many metres.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Only change CT on the wing, Lomax centre. Still no Luch. Not sure if not wanted or still injured.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Christian Tuipulotu
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Hame Sele
  11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Jesse Marschke
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack de Belin
  17. Ben Murdoch-Masila

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
To my eye the Warriors haven't really hit their straps yet. Hopefully they won't start this weekend. My concern is as per usual in the engine room but their playmakers especially Johnson runs the ball at the edges we need to shut him down to restrict their attacking structures. Time will tell

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He's played 3 games this year...
3 too many.

Because at lesst both Couchman's are much better. But according to good ol Flanno, they won't be ready for another 5 years or until none of his favorite old journeymen are available.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  • Warriors by 8
  • First Try: DWZ
  • MoM: SJ
I fear with the Warriors pack rolling forward SJ is going to have a field day.
Remember when we had the wood on the Warriors? Only a few years ago. I remember it well. They hadn't beaten us in a long time and we were winning but it was close. With about 15min to go, RTS didn't rely on any fancy footwork but ran straight over the top of Jack Bird to score. Have the Warriors won every game since?