Round 7: St George Illawarra vs New Zealand Warriors

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Warriors had it over us first 20 mins but some rock hard line defense defused the danger. Shout out to Flanagan who saved a certain four pointer which would have had em 12 up.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I rate tackling affectiveness on the first guy into the tackle. Out best is JDB by a country mile, Lawrie is also good, may add Sele after that performance, whereas Eisenhuth is mostly second even third in.
Early on last night, Eisenhuth was making the tackles but not effectively. As the game went on and their big forwards slowed down, his tackling became more and more effective. As jodragon40 jodragon40 pointed out, that means JDB for example doesn't have to be the fireman, always responding to problems but be fresher to use his running game and offload.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Warriors had it over us first 20 mins but some rock hard line defense defused the danger. Shout out to Flanagan who saved a certain four pointer which would have had em 12 up.
No reason to give him a shout out for that. Decent 5/8s should and do make those tackles. Though Amone probably wouldn't have judging by what he served up under Griffin.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Flanagan how the effing hell do you replace Zac you drongo. What a five mins he had either side of the break, a two point field goal and then his magical sprint, take and dive try.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
56 tackles, missing only 2
Fox had him with 47, was ineffective first stanza early but then first in much more after that. Did some good tidying up on our line too. But hey he is only using half his assets as the other middles are covering for his lack of attack.
I was impressed by Sele, strong with his carries and a hit hard round the legs tackler. Has he been watching Jack all these years.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bird to fly away and Zac to remain at centre with Christian T the new wing. He, Rava and Suli make three powerhouse outside backs.

Eric

Staff
I had 48, was ineffective early but was first in much more in second stanza. But hey the others middles are covering for his lack of attack.
I was impressed by Sele, strong in attack and a hit hard round the legs tackler. Has he been watching Jack all these years.
You're a hard marker re RFM. Right about Eisenhuth but to have him in the middle helps the better attacking players in my view.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I had 48, was ineffective early but was first in much more in second stanza. But hey the others middles are covering for his lack of attack.
I was impressed by Sele, strong in attack and a hit hard round the legs tackler. Has he been watching Jack all these years.
Didn't RFM get a lot of run metres, at least one line break, lots of tackles for very few misses?