Round 9: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canterbury Bulldogs

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
This is shaping up to be our worse season since Bennett‘s departure. The board will just sit on their hands and do nothing and sadly there is not a thing that can be done about it.
Unfortunately this seems to be true. Even if Hook is sacked tonight, why has it taken this long??!!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Couchman, Liddle and M Molo got sweet FA mins again.
I just don't understand the coaches decision making in regards to starting 13 and then the interchanges. Anyway the team stat's show we had 51% of the ball, completing at 82% and only missed 22 tackles to their 50. Those stat's in itself should have seen that team winning. So that says to me that we are not making use of the ball and that was pretty evident in the non existent attacking structures. The sight of Hunt and JDB attacking each other verbally was a prime example that not all is well within our playing group and club.

Eric

Staff
Maybe amone should bring the hammer out with him, because he's definitely not going too beat them with anything else
Message of the round!!

I know opinions are divided on Amone. I'm reserving judgement until I see what he can do under a new coach. Griffin likely won't make any changes. That is only 4 games lost in row. But I think a better coach would give Sullivan a chance and send Amone back to NSW Cup to work on his game.

Eric

Staff
I just don't understand the coaches decision making in regards to starting 13 and then the interchanges. Anyway the team stat's show we had 51% of the ball, completing at 82% and only missed 22 tackles to their 50. Those stat's in itself should have seen that team winning. So that says to me that we are not making use of the ball and that was pretty evident in the non existent attacking structures. The sight of Hunt and JDB attacking each other verbally was a prime example that not all is well within our playing group and club.
It was all on Hunt. He completely screwed up and then turned around and gave no less than JDB a baking! I understand people lash out after screwing up themselves but that was really uncalled for.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It was all on Hunt. He completely screwed up and then turned around and gave no less than JDB a baking! I understand people lash out after screwing up themselves but that was really uncalled for.
That attack today was pretty ordinary.. It was all pivotal around Hunt and therefore it's easy for your defence to just concentrate on the 1 play maker. He looked like he was trying to save the coach out there today and when half the team don't want to see that this is what you get.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So that says to me that we are not making use of the ball and that was pretty evident in the non existent attacking structures.
That is the crux of the problem in a nutshell and the reason we need someone to orchestrate our attack and structure and have us going forward. I have never seen this club at such a low standard in the many decades I have supported it. It saddens me. Until we have coach that wants to send the club in a forward direction, a board that are all on the same page and players wanting to shed blood for the RedV we will remain in our present state.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
That is the crux of the problem in a nutshell. I have never seen this club at such a low standard in the many decades I have supported it. I saddens me. What can be done about it. Ok sack the coach, any guarantee we will get a better one. Sack the board, ditto. We can remove some dead wood from our pack and replace it with better proven players or we can wait until a handful of our best juniors mature. We wont suddenly change from a rabble to a good club in a day, it will take time.
I've consistently said we won't be playing semi finals football again until at least 25 and I said that in 21

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
No mate unfortunately our side in attack has directsion, they let cam mc Innes leave , tyson frizzle, Ruben Garrick, jacob host, there's many of them,, up in the board room the guy is picking his side, and unfortunately for the fans it's the wrong team

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
No mate unfortunately our side in attack has directsion, they let cam mc Innes leave , tyson frizzle, Ruben Garrick, jacob host, there's many of them,, up in the board room the guy is picking his side, and unfortunately for the fans it's the wrong team
Jackson Ford

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The main problem I see is why Mbye, not Liddle is starting and why Mbye is on for more minutes than Liddle!!! Why???? It's not working. Has never worked.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It was all pivotal around Hunt and therefore it's easy for your defence to just concentrate on the 1 play maker.
You really have a love for this bloke. The play should be pivotal around him but he is not a play makers arse so it is left to others. Amone is not a natural ball in hand player but he is learning he has to take up the slack.. laid on a neat pass for our last try.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You really have a love for this bloke. The play should be pivotal around him but he is not a play makers arse so it is left to others. Amone is not a natural ball in hand player but he is learning fast.. layed on a neat pass for our last try.
It appears to an old broken down long in the tooth coach that this coach is trying to coach both Amone and Sullivan, trying to mould them into more all round 1st graders. The danger is that you can easily over coach them which dulls their natural game and brilliance hence leaving Hunt as your only real playmaker

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Stupid thing is that if not for goal kicking we could be up to 8 points higher up the table.
Scoring closer to the sticks w/d help Lomax instead of him having to mostly slot em over almost on the side line. Admittedly his usual pin point accuracy seems to have deserted him this season, imo because he is using more of a curve kicking style.