15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Zane Musgrove
  19. Jayden Sullivan
  20. Billy Burns
  21. Viliami Fifita
  22. Sione Finau
One change and only due to injury. How many games in row have they lost now?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Max Feagai
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Michael Molo
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jack Bird
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Jacob Liddle
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Zane Musgrove
  19. Jayden Sullivan
  20. Billy Burns
  21. Viliami Fifita
  22. Sione Finau
Unbelievable Griffin keeping Liddle on the bench. Kerr and the giant snail MM again in our 17 while Musgrove still on the outer. Why has he been treated so shabbily. Max Fegai gets his chance to join his twin. I rate him over Matt, just give him some leather. I like Mike Molo but isnt he a touch too small for prop.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Seems only one side is getting all the play while the other starves. How often did our halves direct play out to Suli and Moga compared to Lomax and Fegai. Not the first game either. As our leader Hunt needs to direct play both sides of the field. Wake up man there is talent being wasted.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Unbelievable Griffin keeping Liddle on the bench. Kerr and the giant snail MM again in our 17 while Musgrove still on the outer. Why has he been treated so shabbily. Max Fegai gets his chance to join his twin. I rate him over Matt, just give him some leather. I like Mike Molo but isnt he a touch too small for prop.
Makes no sense at all to me....

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Seems only one side is getting all the play while the other starves. How often did our halves direct play out to Suli and Moga compared to Lomax and Fegai. Not the first game either. Tyrell has been chiming in to make the extra man expertly, but mate try attacking the opposition left edge defense too.
Left side attack seems to die with Bird running sideways and backwards looking for a gap to miraculously open in front of him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Left side attack seems to die with Bird running sideways and backwards looking for a gap to miraculously open in front of him.
He did that but overall, best game Bird has played in a long time. His defence in particular was much better than usual.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Been saying forever that he often muddles our attack not only on the left but on both sides. Does Griffin try to remedy the problem by insisting he plays like a regulation back rower. Bet he still wants him at 5/8 but has been outvoted. One Tele pundit has Bird in the frame for SOO. He's not for real.
Bird to play for his state yet a player the quality of JDB is never in SOO discussion anymore. He is being victimised over a crime he has been aquitted of.

Eric

Staff
Been saying forever that he often muddles our attack not only on the left but on both sides. Does Griffin try to remedy the problem by insisting he plays like a regulation back rower. Bet he still wants him at 5/8 but has been outvoted. One Tele pundit has Bird in the frame for SOO. He's not for real.
Bird to play for his state yet a player the quality of JDB is never in SOO discussion anymore. He is being victimised over a crime he has been aquitted of.
As an interchange utility, I really rate Bird.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
No one is shifting Yeo from the NSW 13 jersey. Only reason Bird would be mentioned is for utility value now that Wighton has retired from reps, but I doubt he has any real chance.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Over rated from what I saw of him in the WC. Is he a natural lock tho. 106 kilo, tall, looks more like an edge back rower or even a prop to me. His season stats tho are pretty damn good. Jack has the perfect build for a lock, is the best tackler in the game and a perfect link man. I thank our lucky stars that the RedV has him.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Over rated from what I saw of him in the WC. Is he a natural lock tho. 106 kilo, tall, looks more like an edge back rower or even a prop to me. His season stats tho are pretty damn good. Jack has the perfect build for a lock, is the best tackler in the game and a perfect link man. I thank our lucky stars that the RedV has him.
Jack is a prototype lock. Really too bad he was sidelined in his absolute prime. And no one has paid for it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Seems only one side is getting all the play while the other starves. How often did our halves direct play out to Suli and Moga compared to Lomax and Fegai. Not the first game either. As our leader Hunt needs to direct play both sides of the field. Wake up man there is talent being wasted.
Just a thought here. Let's say for a moment that there is a divided playing group, perhaps one being led by Lomax and others. So how as a coach you punish any grumblings well let's move Lomax to the opposite side of the field away from our attacking structures, isolate him, feed him slow ball so when in possession he is standing still and make him look ordinary. In response Lomax effort greatly decreases and his kicking stat's go out the door. No winners here especially the supporters and our corporate sponsors.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Just a thought here. Let's say for a moment that there is a divided playing group, perhaps one being led by Lomax and others. So how as a coach you punish any grumblings well let's move Lomax to the opposite side of the field away from our attacking structures, isolate him, feed him slow ball so when in possession he is standing still and make him look ordinary. In response Lomax effort greatly decreases and his kicking stat's go out the door. No winners here especially the supporters and our corporate sponsors.
Interesting idea. I feel bad for Zac. Everytime he gets the ball, he has 3 defenders in his face and then he gets baked for lack of attack. Don't know who is to blame but I think everyone agrees, a good start would be to make Liddle hooker and Mbye as a backup when or if he needs a rest, not vice-versa.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Makes no sense at all to me....
Me either, stat's wish Mbye makes 20.5 tackles per game and misses 3.17 Liddle makes 24.1 and misses 2. So defensive stat's indicates Mbye is a greater liability. In attack Mbye makes 3.71 runs a games and makes 30m on avg. Liddle makes 5.57 runs a game and avg 59m playing so far less minutes. So based on those stat's I have no idea why Mbye starts and if starts why he plays more minutes. Another coaching mystery

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Me either, stat's wish Mbye makes 20.5 tackles per game and misses 3.17 Liddle makes 24.1 and misses 2. So defensive stat's indicates Mbye is a greater liability. In attack Mbye makes 3.71 runs a games and makes 30m on avg. Liddle makes 5.57 runs a game and avg 59m playing so far less minutes. So based on those stat's I have no idea why Mbye starts and if starts why he plays more minutes. Another coaching mystery
So WTF is going thorough Griffin's head? Does he want to fail? It's even bad for Hunt!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Interesting idea. I feel bad for Zac. Everytime he gets the ball, he has 3 defenders in his face and then he gets baked for lack of attack. Don't know who is to blame but I think everyone agrees, a good start would be to make Liddle hooker and Mbye as a backup when or if he needs a rest, not vice-versa.
I ask if you have a dissenter in your playing group who has divided the playing group, and dropping that player would cause more problems that it solves how would you deal with it? As an old coach this is exactly what I would do. Remembering last season although we struggled our best attacking combo was Lomax/Rav combining for 11 tries in limited games. Last season Lomax finished 5th highest scorer in the comp on 166 points with 6 tries and 74 goals.