Round 9: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canterbury Bulldogs

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Just a thought here. Let's say for a moment that there is a divided playing group, perhaps one being led by Lomax and others. So how as a coach you punish any grumblings well let's move Lomax to the opposite side of the field away from our attacking structures, isolate him, feed him slow ball so when in possession he is standing still and make him look ordinary. In response Lomax effort greatly decreases and his kicking stat's go out the door. No winners here especially the supporters and our corporate sponsors.
I can buy that. Makes so much sense.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just a thought here. Let's say for a moment that there is a divided playing group, perhaps one being led by Lomax and others. So how as a coach you punish any grumblings well let's move Lomax to the opposite side of the field away from our attacking structures, isolate him, feed him slow ball so when in possession he is standing still and make him look ordinary. In response Lomax effort greatly decreases and his kicking stat's go out the door. No winners here especially the supporters and our corporate sponsors.
Zac really doesn't look happy a lot of time and there seems to be next to no communication between him and Hunt.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our salary cap has 350K to play with after the NRL announced Cody Ramsey will be cap exempt for season '23. Wow we sure can pick up a tier one player with that coin. Wondering if FO are interested in either our of favor players Sam Walker or Josh Schuster.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Zac really doesn't look happy a lot of time and there seems to be next to no communication between him and Hunt.
I agree, and when in that mindset it is hard to produce your best. If there is bad blood between he and Ben then we all know whose side Griffin is on. If this is the case, and is only conjecture at this stage, but if it is , this is conspiracy against one player by the coach and captain and should be dealt with by FO.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Our salary cap has 350K to play with after the NRL announced Cody Ramsey will be cap exempt for season '23. Wow we sure can pick up a tier one player with that coin. Now if we were able to pay out the useless MM and one or two others then we will have a decent bundle under our cap to pick up out of favor but quality players such as Josh Schuster or Sam Walker.
Maybe we could organise a swap of BMM for Jackson Ford:rolleyes:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Our salary cap has 350K to play with after the NRL announced Cody Ramsey will be cap exempt for season '23. Wow we sure can pick up a tier one player with that coin. Now if we were able to pay out the useless MM and one or two others then we will have a decent bundle under our cap to pick up out of favor but quality players such as Josh Schuster or Sam Walker.
I saw Sam Walker was brought up on another thread about a week ago. I'd prefer Jayden Sullivan.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
That is consistent with the information I have received from a person who is still involved in the club. 2 factions the Hunt led keep Griffin and the flick Griffin led by Lomax. Blind Freddy can see the two do not see eye to eye on the coach

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
PROP NEED A PROP

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That is consistent with the information I have received from a person who is still involved in the club. 2 factions the Hunt led keep Griffin and the flick Griffin led by Lomax. Blind Freddy can see the two do not see eye to eye on the coach
Which side is JDB on?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Me either, stat's wish Mbye makes 20.5 tackles per game and misses 3.17 Liddle makes 24.1 and misses 2. So defensive stat's indicates Mbye is a greater liability. In attack Mbye makes 3.71 runs a games and makes 30m on avg. Liddle makes 5.57 runs a game and avg 59m playing so far less minutes. So based on those stat's I have no idea why Mbye starts and if starts why he plays more minutes. Another coaching mystery
Good to know we aren't the only one's talking about this. I was going to post it here to spare everyone the forced video advertising but it's just so long. jodragon40 jodragon40 could say it in one paragraph. Anyway, here is the intro, the stats and a link at the bottom if someone has a lot of time to go through the perfectly obvious. The author must have had to write a certain number of words in order to get paid so made it 5x longer than it had to be.

A hooking problem at Dragons with the simple answer Griffin fails to see​

The numbers are alarming for the Dragons​

The St George Illawarra Dragons have a major problem, but the answer is staring coach Anthony Griffin right in the face. That problem? The way they are using the 80 minutes of each week at dummy half.

Dragons with Jacob Liddle on field​

RoundTimePoints forPoints against
154:23306
246:371418
340:19026
449:24168
533:57612
639:421014
732:57141
Total4:57:159085

Dragons with Jacob Liddle off-field in 2023​

223:37212
333:23422
439:41814
530:36224
646:03128
740:1846
847:031226
Total4:20:416492

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
PROP NEED A PROP
Did you not say that the club took care of that in the off season when we signed a plethora of big men. Two, of them look like duds while the Manly pair plus Musgrove look far better prospects, specially Eric Tuitavake..

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Good to know we aren't the only one's talking about this. I was going to post it here to spare everyone the forced video advertising but it's just so long. jodragon40 jodragon40 could say it in one paragraph. Anyway, here is the intro, the stats and a link at the bottom if someone has a lot of time to go through the perfectly obvious. The author must have had to write a certain number of words in order to get paid so made it 5x longer than it had to be.

A hooking problem at Dragons with the simple answer Griffin fails to see​

The numbers are alarming for the Dragons​

The St George Illawarra Dragons have a major problem, but the answer is staring coach Anthony Griffin right in the face. That problem? The way they are using the 80 minutes of each week at dummy half.

Dragons with Jacob Liddle on field​

154:23306
246:371418
340:19026
449:24168
533:57612
639:421014
732:57141
Total4:57:159085

Dragons with Jacob Liddle off-field in 2023​

223:37212
333:23422
439:41814
530:36224
646:03128
740:1846
847:031226
Total4:20:416492
Good work Morgan. One thing that sticks out like a boil on a bum is the longer the season has gone the less mins Liddle plays. Griffin you bloody twerp. Needs to go back to Round 1 scenario asap.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So WTF is going thorough Griffin's head? Does he want to fail? It's even bad for Hunt!
Good work Morgan. One thing that sticks out like a boil on a bum is the longer the season has gone the less mins Liddle plays. Griffin you blood twerp. Needs to go back to Round 1 scenario.
As RedV01 RedV01 stated. It's not even good for Hunt. If it were benefiting Hunt somehow even though it's to the detriment of the team, I could maybe understand it. Certainly not agree but understand what he is doing. As is, I'm stumped. Does Liddle have some nagging injury forcing him to play limited minutes and Hook is just trying to keep him going until round 10 when Connor Muhleisen will be available?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
As RedV01 RedV01 stated. It's not even good for Hunt. If it were benefiting Hunt somehow even though it's to the detriment of the team, I could maybe understand it. Certainly not agree but understand what he is doing. As is, I'm stumped. Does Liddle have some nagging injury forcing him to play limited minutes and Hook is just trying to keep him going until round 10 when Connor Muhleisen will be available?
Think you are clutching at straws mate or trying to save Griffin's blushes. He has some strange affinity with Moses Mbye being among the group that came here with him. I like Mbye but only as a utility, should not start nor get anywhere near 60mins unless an injury.

I think we may have over rated Muhleisen, so lets hope Liddle is not carrying some injury. Finau will jump Muhl.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Did you not say that the club took care of that in the off season when we signed a plethora of big men. Two, of them look like duds while the Manly pair plus Musgrove look far better prospects, specially Eric Tuitavake..
I did not I hope the Manly youngsters will develop in time by 2025 but we need someone now but nobody is coming under this coach and board room

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Think you are clutching at straws mate or trying to save Griffin's blushes. He has some strange affinity with Moses Mbye being among the group that came here with him. I like Mbye but only as a utility, should not start nor get anywhere near 60mins unless an injury. Now we have Finau as back up rake, Sloan at custodian, junior or Sully 5/8, Hunt or Sully half, there is no need for Mbye after this season.

I think we may have over rated Muhleisen, so lets hope Liddle is not carrying some injury.
Just pure speculation because I just don't understand what is going on. It's so obvious the team is better with Liddle at hooker but Mbye is not only starting but playing longer at hooker.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Think you are clutching at straws mate or trying to save Griffin's blushes. He has some strange affinity with Moses Mbye being among the group that came here with him. I like Mbye but only as a utility, should not start nor get anywhere near 60mins unless an injury.

I think we may have over rated Muhleisen, so lets hope Liddle is not carrying some injury.
Just pure speculation because I just don't understand what is going on. It's so obvious the team is better with Liddle at hooker but Mbye is not only starting but playing longer at hooker.
I think it has something to do with him trying to prove his big name signings were for the most part astute. Mbye is on about 450k out of the Dragons cap and I think still getting paid by the Tigers. Liddle is on a minimum wage with the Tigers paying half. Hook thinks if a player is on much more money, he must be much better.

And I'd say Mbye is a much better player. Just a significantly worse hooker.