Round 9 vs Cronulla Sharks

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We can no longer call Tyrell a tickerless defender, as he saved one certain try, Hynes and two probables with a ripper ball and aller on Atkinson, then on a rampaging #15 in the 50th min. This one above all surprised even shocked me. Earlier the same dude (I think) had brushed away a feeble attempt by Hunt to score which got them off to the perfect comeback.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Bird was the captain for the day? What the ....
My two cents on Bird is that it's not likely he will play a bad game at centre. It's even more unlikely he will play a really good game at centre. So is Flanno happy with an average team at best? It seems that is what he is striving for. Similarities with Griffin are uncanny.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So is Flanno happy with an average team at best?
Appears so. Settling for mediocrity and he was supposed to turn round this club.
Back to Bird as captain, betting Zac Lomax was not given the same privilege for his 100th a few weeks back.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
My two cents on Bird is that it's not likely he will play a bad game at centre. It's even more unlikely he will play a really good game at centre. So is Flanno happy with an average team at best? It seems that is what he is striving for. Similarities with Griffin are uncanny.
After watching the highlights of the NSW Cup team over the last month, I don't think that he has much of a choice.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So another year with no light at the end of the tunnel.
To me it would appear that those players currently listed in our top 30 from 20 - 30 are waiting for their chance to play in 1sts. They are going through the motions trying to ensure they don't suffer any serious injuries akin to poor Illias a few weeks ago so if and when called up they will be able to perform at their optimum level. Just my views.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
After watching the highlights of the NSW Cup team
I watched the entire matches and have to disagree as Sione Finau showed he is top grade standard, has uncanny handling skills, is fast, a good build and his defense is sound. SavelioTamale's finishing since being moved to the wing has been top shelf. For one try he mesmerized the sliding defense with two brilliant steps, one off each foot. Some say Tamale is a liability with his defense, well isnt Bird? Point is Tamale has been working hard on his positional play and is nailing his man more often now. Imo either would slot into Birds centre spot seamlessly. Finau is my preferred option.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I watched the entire matches and have to disagree as Sione Finau showed he is top grade standard while Tamale's finishing after being moved to the wing has been top shelf. Either would slot into Birds centre spot seamlessly.
Well of course you are entitled to your views. I had great hopes for both those two. To my eye Tamale is struggling to come to terms with the defensive structures, he is a liability defence wise akin to Sloan, attacking wise a future 1st grader . Young Finau has been very good on the wing. If we hadn't signed that cumbersome Manly winger he probably gets a start by now but we are talking about a centre position. Just a Mug appears to have a great internal insight be very interesting to hear his opinion on the two.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
.. to the former Sloan.
He's getting there but unfortunately not there yet. All you can ask of a player is that he shows improvement and he has but that effort of him trying to trip the player that had broken through the front line is not what you want to see. He's a work in progress defensively. Just my view