Round 9 vs Cronulla Sharks

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We already have two of those, BMM and Frank Molo, add with ball skills like an offload for second phase play which seems to be missing from this current crop of forwards, bar Jack.
I'll clarify when I talk about big bodied props. I am referring to an AFB or a NAS. Our current props don't have the necessary size or go forward to make us competitive against the top 8 teams in my view

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
F Molo avg 11.25 runs a game @ 95m a game.
B Lawrie avg 11.75 runs a game @ 98m a game. More recently
H Sele avg 9 runs a game @ 80m a game.
In comparison
AFB avg 19 runs @ 190m
J Tapine avg 17 runs @ 170m.

See the difference? We just don't rate. Forwards win games, the backs decide by how much. It has always been the way in my 50 plus years of playing and coaching.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
F Molo avg 11.25 runs a game @ 95m a game.
B Lawrie avg 11.75 runs a game @ 98m a game. More recently
H Sele avg 9 runs a game @ 80m a game.
In comparison
AFB avg 19 runs @ 190m
J Tapine avg 17 runs @ 170m.

See the difference? We just don't rate. Forwards win games, the backs decide by how much. It has always been the way in my 50 plus years of playing and coaching.
That sums it up perfectly.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Well AFB is off market so a moot point with him. Flanagan was unable to lure him here so what chance Tapine or Solomona, or has he extended with the Storm. So where are these big units coming from. We should start looking at the Super League.
Said the same , start looking there for a fast winger , athletic front rower , and a real halfback ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well AFB is off market so a moot point with him. Flanagan was unable to lure him here so what chance Tapine or Solomona, or has he extended with the Storm. So where are these big units coming from. We should start looking at the Super League.
Well it's not a mute point. I was just using them as examples, not saying we had to sign them. Secondly that is the issue where can we get such a big bodied player from, that has such a high workrate.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Said the same , start looking there for a fast winger , athletic front rower , and a real halfback ......
You know I actually watch the English SL. In the backs so far this season these are the players in order who have made the most metres. You may recognise a few names here.
1. Matt Dufty (ex Dragons)
2. Nene McDonald ( ex Dragons)
3. Adam Swift
4. Esan Masters (NRL)
5. Ryan Hall
8. Peta Hikau (NRL)
10. T Lafai ( ex Dragons)

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
You know I actually watch the English SL. In the backs so far this season these are the players in order who have made the most metres. You may recognise a few names here.
1. Matt Dufty (ex Dragons)
2. Nene McDonald ( ex Dragons)
3. Adam Swift
4. Esan Masters (NRL)
5. Ryan Hall
8. Peta Hikau (NRL)
10. T Lafai ( ex Dragons)
Lafai is still running around!!??

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sloan or Dufty ....... it would have been by 2 lengths of the field ....... Dufty for me his stats when playing had more try assists more 4 pointers than Sloan ....... Yep I hear you all his defense was sus , high balls sus , but not much difference to what we have now ........ The guy knew how to find the line once in the clear never got run down .......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sloan or Dufty ....... it would have been by 2 lengths of the field ....... Dufty for me his stats when playing had more try assists more 4 pointers than Sloan ....... Yep I hear you all his defense was sus , high balls sus , but not much difference to what we have now ........ The guy knew how to find the line once in the clear never got run down .......
It'd be nice to have a skillful fullback who can tackle and a bit of size to be able to break tackles. Is Rumble that? Seems skinny but with a frame you could pack muscle on.