SPORTS Quiz.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Wellington Trophy is related to which sport?
  2. Term Chinaman is related to which sport?
  3. Who won the first T20 World Cup?
  4. Which Country won the first FIFA World Cup?
  5. What is the 100m World Record of Usain Bolt?
  1. Rowing
  2. ?
  3. Pakistan?
  4. Brazil?
  5. 9.58 seconds

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Wellington Trophy is related to which sport?
  2. Term Chinaman is related to which sport?
  3. Who won the first T20 World Cup?
  4. Which Country won the first FIFA World Cup?
  5. What is the 100m World Record of Usain Bolt?
  1. Rowing
  2. Cricket
  3. India
  4. Uruguay
  5. 9.58

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I've heard the term but don't know what it means.
A 'chinaman' bowler is essentially a mirror image of a r/arm leg spin wrist bowler. He is a left arm slow wrist bowler who's stock ball spins into a r/h batsman. A leg spin stock ball spins away from the r/hander. Not sure where the term originated. Will look it up.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
A 'chinaman' bowler is essentially a mirror image of a r/arm leg spin wrist bowler. He is a left arm slow wrist bowler who's stock ball spins into a r/h batsman. A leg spin stock ball spins away from the r/hander. Not sure where the term originated. Will look it up.
Does anyone understand this comment? I'm afraid it's too much for my simplistic knowledge of cricket.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The delivery was named after a West Indies left-arm finger spin player of Chinese origin, Ellis “Puss” Achong in a game against England. The batsman Walter Robins lost his wicket and was so baffled by the delivery that he said after the match fancy move by a bloody Chinaman!”

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Good explanation!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The delivery was named after a West Indies left-arm finger spin player of Chinese origin, Ellis “Puss” Achong in a game against England. The batsman Walter Robins lost his wicket and was so baffled by the delivery that he said after the match fancy move by a bloody Chinaman!”
Nice story.

One thing cricket has in spades is its legendary stories.

Did you know, a long time ago, England lost a test series to Australia. The English media declared English cricket dead and burned the bails. Those ashes are now interred in The Ashes trophy.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Nice story.

Did you know, a long time ago, England lost a test series to Australia. The English media declared English cricket dead and burned the bails. Those ashes are now interred in The Ashes trophy.
That is essentially how the Ashes trophy and series were born. Others may differ on the exact details. Makes for fascinating reading.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Nice story.

Cool story:cool:!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
An Ashes Cricket quiz:

* What two nations play for the Ashes.

* Who has won most Ashes series.

* Donald Bradman hit the greatest Ashes score in history in 1930. Was it a century, double century or a triple century. Guess the number of runs as a bonus.

*Who captained Australia in that series. Initials are BW.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
An Ashes Cricket quiz:

* What two nations play for the Ashes.

* Who has won most Ashes series.

* Donald Bradman hit the greatest Ashes score in history in 1930. Was it a century, double century or a triple century. Guess the number of runs as a bonus.

*Who captained Australia in that series. Initials are BW.
  • Aus - Eng
  • Aus
  • Bill Woodful

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Dont take this the wrong way but were these answers off the top of your head. If so then congrats as you scored a 100% success rate.
The first two were. I had an idea of the 4th. I knew it was a Wood******. I knew the third was a triple century, obviously, but while looking for the exact name for #4, I stumbled upon the exact answer for #3.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The first two were. I had an idea of the 4th. I knew it was a Wood******. I knew the third was a triple century, obviously, but while looking for the exact name for #4, I stumbled upon the exact answer for #3.
Good for you Chris. Just that I have known dishonest people on forums before and tell them "cheats only cheat themselves".
Want another?