The Australian Kangaroos.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Have y'all taken a squiz at the 2017 WC clip? Some spectacular footage. Valentine Holmes scoring and incredible 11 tries in two consecutive matches

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Name the ball carrier.
View attachment 181
Brings back memories 1971 GF we lost to them their pack was full of international players, John Sattler, John O'Neil were the props George Piggins was hooker, Bob McCarthy, Garry Stevens 2nd rowers and Ron Coote the lock. 2 wonderful fullbacks Eric Simms for Souths and Changa Langlands for us. We lost 16 - 10 after trailing 1 - 0 at half time. The SCG was a bit packed that day about 65,000 people. They had the best pack in the comp McCarthy scored that day bugger

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The SCG was a bit packed that day about 65,000 people.
Yes great South players made Souths great in that era until we bounced back six years later to take our first premiership since the end of the golden era.
That 65K crowd in '71 pales into insignificance compared to the one five years earlier. 78K.. a record for the SCG then and still. There were even people perched on top of the stands. I was still in boarding school but I remember it like it was yesterday. I may be able to find a snapshot of this.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yes great South players made Souths great in that era until we bounced back six years later to take our first premiership since the end of the golden era.
That 65K crowd in '71 pales into insignificance compared to the one five years earlier. 78K.. a record for the SCG then and still. There were even people perched on top of one of the stands from memory. I was still in boarding school but I remember it like it was yesterday. I may be able to find a snapshot of this.
I was 11 and I was on the hill with my old man, 65k felt crowded to me and yes watched both 77 GFs against Parra, the heart stopping 9 - 9 draw, then the 22 - 0 flogging and then 79 against the Berries, that's why I loved the 70s era many fonds memories. I then had to wait until 2010 to watch us flog the Roosters 32 - 8. I can die happy