The end of another dissapointing year

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I know a few people in the time I have been on this forum are Amone fans. I'm just expressing what I have seen of him last year and this and his failure in my eyes wearing my old coaches hat in progressing his all round game and becoming a real 2nd playmaker on the opposite side of the ruck. Just my views.
It's a good view. Now finals football is pretty much off the table this year, I don't think we should hook a young player for a journeyman yet to play first grade.

He hasn't been that bad. Some bad defence but he's not alone.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Amone hasn't reached the level we hoped for and expected but a little early to hook him for a 25 year-old lower grade journeyman. If anything, Hunt halfback and Sullivan 5/8.

Was disappointing but what do you expect from a coach who picks veteran, slow journeymen in front of exciting, fast, local juniors who have been going really well in the lower grades?
In regards to using a journeyman well what are the real alternatives? Sullivan is the only real alternative he can play 5/8 and I rate him higher than Amone so I agree give him a go. My only concern is his defence as well.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's a good view. Now finals football is pretty much off the table this year, I don't think we should hook a young player for a journeyman yet to play first grade.

Then let's give Sullivan his chance because what we currently have isn't working you have to try other things there should always be a plan b and c it's called contingency plans every good coach and club has one.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

We were never going to play semi finals football this season with our current crop of 30 players. I hoped, I wished, and I was positive but in my heart knowing what I know about footy I knew it wasn't going to happen and believe me unless something radically changes it won't happen next season either. It's just based on facts and stats and being a 52 year supporter it really really hurts me to say that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We were never going to play semi finals football this season with our current crop of 30 players. I hoped, I wished, and I was positive but in my heart knowing what I know about footy I knew it wasn't going to happen and believe me unless something radically changes it won't happen next season either. It's just based on facts and stats and being a 52 year supporter it really really hurts me to say that.
I think we were all deluding ourselves. We needed:
  • Old forwards, Woods, McGuire, Burgess to roll back the years.
  • de Belin to get back to his best.
  • Bird to make a successful transition to the forwards.
  • Young backs to consistently, at least, play well.
  • Youngish forwards, Lawrie and Burns to also improve.
Arguably none of that has happened. The first has been a total failure. Undeniable!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
In regards to using a journeyman well what are the real alternatives? Sullivan is the only real alternative he can play 5/8 and I rate him higher than Amone so I agree give him a go. My only concern is his defence as well.
Is Cryer a strong defender?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think we were all deluding ourselves. We needed:
  • Old forwards, Woods, McGuire, Burgess to roll back the years.
  • de Belin to get back to his best.
  • Bird to make a successful transition to the forwards.
  • Young backs to consistently, at least, play well.
  • Youngish forwards, Lawrie and Burns to also improve.
Arguably none of that has happened. The first has been a total failure. Undeniable!
Delusion is a very strong word as Dragons supporters some of us for over half a century we hoped for some improvement we prayed we follow our hearts instead of listening to our brains but in the end when all is said and done we are all extremely disappointed in an underachieving club which we are becoming accustomed to. Our last 3 home games all important against top 8 opponents the Raiders, Sea Eagles and Cowboys avg 7,900 people, seriously?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Delusion is a very strong word as Dragons supporters some of us for over half a century we hoped for some improvement we prayed we follow our hearts instead of listening to our brains but in the end when all is said and done we are all extremely disappointed in an underachieving club which we are becoming accustomed to. Our last 3 home games all important against top 8 opponents the Raiders, Sea Eagles and Cowboys avg 7,900 people, seriously?
Terrible crowd. Lots of blame to go around. Are locals handing the club to Woolengong?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
de Belin to get back to his best.
You think Jack failed that task. I reckon he is in career best form.. when he plays lock that is. He is not a prop. Someone tell that to Griffin if he is staying.
Lawrie to also improve
Dont see this hate for the man. Two monster games and reasonably consistent in the others when he is given sufficient possession. I like his passion. Some of our other forwards could use some of it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You think Jack failed that task. I reckon he is in career best form.. when he plays lock that is. He is not a prop. Someone tell that to Griffin if he is staying.

Dont see this hate for the man. Two monster games and reasonably consistent in the others when he is given sufficient possession. I like his passion. Some of our other forwards could use some of it.
de Belin has been really good. The offload he had before hasn't gotten back to what it was. The rest of his game is the same.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
There is absolutely no hate. He has improved a lot in the second half of the season. But look at his stats in the first half of the season. Not good reading.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Then let's give Sullivan his chance
Bud has had a chance at dummy half and one game at half. Never set the world on fire.
You wanna change Amone for him. You are getting similar players.. neither of which are natural play makers. If I was choosing the player with the most promise and natural ability of the two, Junior gets my vote. He knows his defense is not first grade standard so expecting him to work his bum off, specially his front on defense in the off season. Not the only one in this club.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
de Belin has been really good. The offload he had before hasn't gotten back to what it was. The rest of his game is the same.
JDB I wish we had different versions of this player he has a beautiful tackling technique that has him sitting at 16th/451 players who have played NRL this year for tackles he misses 1.4 a game, 12 hit ups avg 96m. We need another one who is 25kg heavier and a bit taller for prop.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bud has had a chance at dummy half and one game at half. Never set the world on fire.
You wanna change Amone for him. You are getting similar players.. neither of which are natural play makers. If I was choosing the player with the most promise and natural ability of the two, Junior gets my vote. He knows his defense is not first grade standard so expecting him to work his bum off, specially his front on defense in the off season. Not the only one in this club.
We will agree to disagree amicably on this issue. In my view he won't help us play semi finals football in the next few years.