The WORLD CUP discussion thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt starting hooker is Meninga's blueprint because that is Qlds blueprint too. Prefer Grant started as he is clearly head and shoulders above Hunt, specially defensively, a major part of a hooker's arsenal.
Just not sure if he's a better halfback than Sullivan
..guess who thinks he is and better than most in the NRL. He and the rest of Australia knows he plays his best footy at hooker for the Maroons and Australia but that does not sway him from hanging like a limpet to the half spot while a promising local junior contemplates a career elsewhere. Not totally his fault as the current hooker is also as obstinate and not only refuses to retire but wont give up hooker.

Eric

Staff
Hunt starting hooker is Meninga's blueprint because that is Qlds blueprint too. Prefer Grant started as he is clearly head and shoulders above Hunt, specially defensively, a major part of a hooker's arsenal.

..guess who thinks he is and better than most in the NRL. He and the rest of Australia knows he plays his best footy at hooker for the Maroons and Australia but that does not sway him from hanging like a limpet to the half spot while a promising local junior contemplates a career elsewhere. Not totally his fault as the current hooker is also as obstinate and not only refuses to retire but wont give up hooker.
I also think Grant is definitely better but after Grant, I'd say Hunt is #2.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Didn't I already post this. Absolutely dumbfounded that the IRL has not ensured mandatory warm up matches. Australia has not played an international for three years yet we go into Sundays vital first match underdone, even more so now that our grand finalists have been rested.
I guess Australia will win by around 50.