The World Cup Games Thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Australia vs Fiji Sunday, 16 October, 5.30am AEDT at Headingly Stadium, Leeds.

Tell me why Australia has not been given a warm up match. By going into the First WC match without our grand finalists we are decidedly underdone as some of these blokes have not played for weeks.

How refreshing is it to see one of our national sides wearing our true colors of bottle green and gold. Our cricketers sure dont either do our Wobblers. I also prefer the predominant color to be green.

Was wondering about the odd jumper numbers. Just this minute read the reason behind it, represents the order in which they became Kangaroos. I expect it will be a bit baffling for both fans and commentators.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Australia vs Fiji 5.30am AEDT at Headingly Stadium, Leeds. Sunday, 16 October.

Tell me why Australia has not been given a warm up match. By going into the First WC match without our grand finalists we are decidedly underdone as some of these blokes have not played for weeks.

Was wondering about the odd jumper numbers. Just this minute read the reason behind it, represents the order in which they became Kangaroos. I expect it will be a bit baffling for both fans and commentators.
Do you think they'll best team to win?

Eric

Staff
Eric Eric I was unable to post pic of Player List as it was deemed too large to submit. This was despite my attempting to reduce its size.
I guess it was still too large. In the program you used to resize it, it might have been zoomed out to only a small % of the actual size. So on the computer monitor, it looks really small but it in fact isn't.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
A good article about a couple of Pacific Islanders that have not turned their backs on their birth nation.
Can I assume you don't like these pacific Islanders playing for the country of their parents or grandparents rather than Australia or NZ? Personally I don't have issue with it.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Can I assume you don't like these pacific Islanders playing for the country of their parents or grandparents rather than Australia or NZ? Personally I don't have issue with it.
You assume wrong. I understood the point Joseph Sualli made very clearly when he chose the nation of his forebears. Just that I find it gratifying that there are some Aussie born Pacific Islander kids that have chosen to take their pathway to international footy via the Kangaroos. The bottom line is where your passion lies.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
WC finally kicks off tomorrow morning with hosts England taking on the powerhouse Samoans. This will be the curtain raiser for the Kangaroos vs Fiji clash set for kickoff just before dawn.

In the past only three nations have hosted the RLWC.. England, Australia and New Zealand. With more and more nations now playing the sport, now is the time to have new hosts.. say one of the Pacific Island nations, or a combination of PI nations. It will certainly grow the sport to a greater proportion in those chosen nations.
I thought that as well. Sometimes the time difference is confusing. It kicked off last night. As expected, Australia won easily but England absolutely annihilated Samoa.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
WC finally kicks off tomorrow morning with hosts England taking on the powerhouse Samoans. This will be the curtain raiser for the Kangaroos vs Fiji clash set for kickoff just before dawn.

In the past only three nations have hosted the RLWC.. England, Australia and New Zealand. With more and more nations now playing the sport, now is the time to have new hosts.. say one of the Pacific Island nations, or a combination of PI nations. It will certainly grow the sport to a greater proportion in those chosen nations.
I think Australia will have to pick it's best team to win. No favourtism or "sticking with the incumbents". That means DCE has to go.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Roos shake off the rust of a three year gap to nail their first match 42-8 over Fiji. Harry Grant showed why he should be starting hooker for all matches with a blinder from dummy half. Produced a skill set Ben Hunt can only dream about. Biased Meninga must now bench his pet.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Now I'll go and watch the full replay with more enjoyable Pommie commentary.

Fox only showing mini replays.. wtf. They expect us to sit up till 5am to watch it live.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
First up win by the Kiwis over Lebanon. Tho no cricket score. Poms walloped Samoa, while Italy and Ireland also record wins.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Harry Grant's blinder has convinced Mal Meninga he will start against the Scots on Saturday and perhaps for the business end of the WC. He said having Grant and the rest of our spine in good form is "a selection headache I am glad to have". I called you biased.. apology Mal. All grand finalists will also suit up for the match.

Who was impressed by the debut of Jeremiah Nanai. Betting it gave the rookie backrower a huge thrill to be the first Roos WC try scorer.

Last edited: