The World Cup Games Thread.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Two things pissing me off to distraction about this WC. The silly numbers on the back of our jumpers and Fox only giving us peasants a 20 minute replay of an 80min match. Hello you dills we are not all insomniacs and can sit up till early morning for the full match.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Two things pissing me off to distraction about this WC. The silly numbers on the back of our jumpers and Fox only giving us peasants a 20 minute replay of an 80min match. Hello you dills we are not all insomniacs and can sit up till early morning for the full match.
It'll be worth staying up for the games vs NZ and England but I'd prefer to sleep for the other games.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The only way for these minnows, Jamaica, Greece, Lebanon, Cook Islands, Italy to avoid humiliation is to improve by playing regular matches against the stronger nations. Cant the IRL see this.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The only way for these minnows, Jamaica, Greece, Lebanon, Cook Islands, Italy to avoid humiliation is to improve by playing regular matches against the stronger nations. Cant the IRL see this.
Doubtful it'll ever really catch on in some of those. In theory Italy could be good.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Doubtful it'll ever really catch on in some of those. In theory Italy could be good.
Disagree. All those nations show some promise. It needs to be nurtured. Only way that will happen is with stronger opposition. Then you will see the game catch on with the people. I rate Italy as the worst side I have seen. If we dont do em by 70 I'll be surprised.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Finally opening the check book with the signing of a pair of brothers from the Storm. Sione and Haele Finau. Apparently the Storm wanted to keep them so they must be promising. Problem is Haele is a hooker and we have our own local young talent. So what happens to them.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Finally opening the check book with the signing of a pair of brothers from the Storm. Sione and Haele Finau. Apparently the Storm wanted to keep them so they must be promising. Problem is Haele is a hooker and we have our own local young talent. So what happens to them.
Griffin and Young up to their old tricks. So now we have Macca, Liddle, Sullivan or Hunt, Hooper, Muhleisen. Looks to me like they are running around signing whoever is willing to sign. If the Storm wanted to keep them, I think they would have kept them.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I saw. A 22 year-old hooker who couldn't get into the Storm's top 30. The 20 year-old outside back is a better prospect. Time will tell.
Even after Brandon Smith left, he still couldn't crack the Storm top 30 so of course Albert 'swoops in' for the big signing......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin and Young
Griffin wont be involved in this as it is putting massive pressure on his mate Macca. Flanno is the recruitment manager while Albert has sufficient to concern him. Made a big error endorsing Brett Finch who is linked to child sex offences. What the hell was he thinking. This may cost him any employment at the club..

Last edited: