The World Cup Games Thread.

Eric

Staff
You sat up to watch it Eric Eric. Too late or was it too early for this old fart. Just watched the presentation now will catch the full replay later to savor our threepeat.
I watched the first half. Actually, before the game I felt really sleepy but by the time I actually packed it in for the night, or morning, I wasn't feeling that sleepy.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tom Trbojevic, Ponga
Then you have to find a place for these two. They are versatile so can play anywhere in back line. Ponga will be Knights 5/8 this coming season. I'd have him over Munster who, to be brutally honest never impressed me here. He hogs the ball too much, is not elusive nor does he have great ball playing skills. His defense is sound tho.. so one tick.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Then you find a place for these two. They are versatile so can play anywhere. Ponga will be Knights 5/8 this season. I'd have him over Munster who, to be brutally honest never impressed me in games I saw him. He hogs the ball too much, is not elusive nor does he have great ball playing skills. His defense is sound tho.. so one tick.
Munster had a disappointing WC, IMO but he played very well in Origin and was in career best form for Melbourne for most of the year.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It'd be better if there was some more serious competition.
I reckon Fiji, Scotland, Italy and Lebanon take this seriously and play with all the pride they can muster. They simply lack the all round skills needed to compete with the elite sides. Like I keep harping on about, there needs to be competition between these second tier nations and the majors outside of world cups.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I reckon Fiji, Scotland, Italy and Lebanon take this seriously and play with all the pride they can muster. They simply lack the all round skills needed to compete with the elite sides. Like I keep harping on about, there needs to be competition between these second tier nations and the majors outside of world cups.
A lot of the Scots, Italians and Lebanese are 2 or 3rd gen Australians.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Nice idea but no way will NRL or ESL clubs allow players to leave for X games a season in order to play for Scotland against Lebanon, vice-versa and etc.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My WC REPORT CARD:
Tedesco - 8
JAC- 9
Wighton - 8
Mitchell - 7
Holmes - 8
Munster - 6
Cleary - 7
RCG - 8
Grant - 8, Hunt - 7
J Turbo - 7
Crichton - 7
Martin - 6
Yeo - 7
Tino - 8
Murray - 8
Carrigan - 8

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
My WC REPORT CARD:
Tedesco - 8
JAC- 9
Wighton - 8
Mitchell - 7
Holmes - 8
Munster - 6
Cleary - 7
RCG - 8
Grant - 8, Hunt - 7
J Turbo - 7
Crichton - 7
Martin - 6
Yeo - 7
Tino - 8
Murray - 8
Carrigan - 8
So Hunt went well at hooker. Won't matter to the Dragons as long as Hook is in charge but as soon as he's gone.....

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So Hunt went well at hooker.
He looks better suited there. Best case scenario after Griffin is sacked..Hunt moved to #9, Sully #7. Hunt can mentor young hooker prospects Haele Finau and Sam Hooper while he plays out his contract.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
He looks better suited there. Best case scenario after Griffin is sacked..Hunt moved to #9, Sully #7. Hunt can mentor young hooker prospects Haeme Finau and Sam Hooper while he plays out his contract.
But Hooper seems to be an outstanding prospect. Will spend season 2023 in NSW Cup but come 2024, maybe he'll rotate with Hunt at hooker.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Haele Finau is 22. Suppose it depends how well he goes in his first season. He may kill it, thus preventing a new coach moving Hunt from half. Oh hell.. three more years of Hunt at half.
23 by the time the season starts. Never got a look in at Melbourne even when Smith and Grant weren't available.

I hope he proves me wrong but really looks like yet another inspired Hook signing. (sarcasm)