The World Cup Games Thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Roos have softened up Lebanon in first 40 now in for the kill.
The kill did not eventuate as our minds got the better of our hands. In short we put in a sloppy second stanza. There was little of the earlier structure due to too many cooks in the kitchen. Aided by poor reffing in allowing Lebanon to slow down our play the ball.
Our best were Grant, Tino, Yeo, Holmes while Carrigan and Collins impressed in their short stints. These two must be given more minutes come the pointy end. The 'flying fox' again scored a brace but this time all he had to do was virtually fall onto the ball. Skipper Mitchell Moses and his players tried hard but they just did not have sufficient ball.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not overly impressed with the quality of the structured attacking options, poor coaching, allowing the individual player to do their own thing. Individual brilliance and poor missed tackles have been the cause of most of our tries, we will struggle against the Kiwis and poms at this rate.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Not overly impressed with the quality of the structured attacking options, poor coaching, allowing the individual player to do their own thing. Individual brilliance and poor missed tackles have been the cause of most of our tries, we will struggle against the Kiwis and poms at this rate.
That is something I am seeing in all our games. We lack the siege mentality in the tackle of past Kangaroo sides. Too few players not hitting low and hard, allowing off loads when we fall off the tackle or opposition breaks it..
NZ might start favourites in the semi final.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
While the Roos have been going thru their paces our girls, the Jillaroos have been beating up sides too in their own WC.

I presume unlike with the NSW team, after our girls got their behinds spanked, there aren't many in the team? Kezie Apps, Emma Tonegato and Keeley Davis only would be my guess.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Took a gander at the Tonga v Cook Islands match with Moses and Junior featured. I dont think we have seen the best of Moses. Other than bulldozing defenders he showed a nifty step in a couple of plays which led to tries.. was arguably the best outside back on the paddock. Junior only played 30 mins but got involved from the getgo, lobbing a cut out for a Toupau try. One aspect I have been wishing Amone added to his skillset is backing up the ball carrier. Well he almost scored one, then did score one doing just that. The first was from a clever piece of deception. He set himself to throw a cut out but held it and found a closer support in space. He then took the back up pass but was dragged down metres from the line. The second was a basic following the ball carrier after a break, positioning himself to take the inside pass and sprint 30 metres to score.

Eric

Staff
I presume unlike with the NSW team, after our girls got their behinds spanked, there aren't many in the team? Kezie Apps, Emma Tonegato and Keeley Davis only would be my guess.
Jaime Chapman is in. Sowie really failed to take advantage of her speed.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our Jillaroos have shown France no mercy overnite.. laying a record 90 undefeated points on them. Star turn for the Jillaroos in their 17 try thumping was stand in playmaker Tarryn Aitken while the Dragon's Jaime Chapman scored a hat trick on debut. No doubt the coach was hoping for a harder match given the girls next opponent is the Kiwis who walloped Cook Islands, but by 40 points less than we walloped them.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Hunt is going to start at hooker in the semi final. I guess they feel Grant is more effective coming off the bench. DCE also finally axed.
Get him ready for the role he'll be playing with the Dragons from next year. And if he doesn't like it, there's the door.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Hunt is going to start at hooker in the semi final. I guess they feel Grant is more effective coming off the bench. DCE also finally axed.
Something about 'starting with Hunt for the tuff stuff, then bring on Grant'. I think having a fresh more skillful Grant coming off the bench is a smart move. Watching Hunt try to take on man mountain Asofa-Solomona will be comical. Chuckled over his comment when asked how he'd handle the big Kiwi "As a small player I always get asked who's the hardest to defend, and (Asofa-Solomona) is always in my top three,". This is coming from the worse defender in the NRL.