2022 World Cup Soccer.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So it's time for the semi finals.

Wednesday the 14th, 6:00am
Argentina vs. Croatia.

Croatia must have a really good goal keeper but I think it's going to come to an end here. Argentina by 2.

Thursday the 15th, 6:00am
Morocco vs. France

I think almost everyone outside of France wants Morocco to win but I doubt it. France by 3.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There are no real traditional rivals left. Argentina v Brazil would have been excellent. Portugal v France also. I'm glad Morocco won but the rivalry just isn't the same.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
There are no real traditional rivals left. Argentina v Brazil would have been excellent. Portugal v France also. I'm glad Morocco won but the rivalry just isn't the same.
Yep. The best thing about international soccer are the rivalries.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Second reporter suddenly dies covering FIFA World Cup​

A second journalist has died while covering the FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The Gulf Times reports Qatari photojournalist Khalid al-Misslam passed away “suddenly” on the weekend.

The Qatar news outlet wrote: “Al- Misslam, a Qatari, died suddenly while covering the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. We believe in Allah’s mercy and forgiveness for him, and send our deepest condolences to his family.”

His death comes days after influential American soccer journalist Grant Wahl died in Qatar while covering the World Cup. He was 48. While covering Argentina’s quarter-final win over the Netherlands, Wahl, who had run his own sporting news subscription service after working for Sports Illustrated, collapsed at Lusail Iconic Stadium and was rushed to a nearby hospital before his death. It’s unclear whether he died at the hospital or in transport.

His brother, Eric, believes foul play from the Qatari government may have been involved.

Eric, Eric, Eric..... You poor naive fool. Young or relatively young, previously healthy people, especially men all over the world are dropping dead for no obvious reason these days. Except Russia, India and China where certain pharmaceutical products were never approved and certainly won't be now.

Not making any statement with that. I believe it's pure coincidence. Wouldn't like Eric Eric to be shut down over this......

Eric

Staff

Second reporter suddenly died covering FIFA World Cup​

A second journalist has died while covering the FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The Gulf Times reports Qatari photojournalist Khalid al-Misslam passed away “suddenly” on the weekend.

The Qatar news outlet wrote: “Al- Misslam, a Qatari, died suddenly while covering the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. We believe in Allah’s mercy and forgiveness for him, and send our deepest condolences to his family.”

His death comes days after influential American soccer journalist Grant Wahl died in Qatar while covering the World Cup. He was 48. While covering Argentina’s quarter-final win over the Netherlands, Wahl, who had run his own sporting news subscription service after working for Sports Illustrated, collapsed at Lusail Iconic Stadium and was rushed to a nearby hospital before his death. It’s unclear whether he died at the hospital or in transport.

His brother, Eric, believes foul play from the Qatari government may have been involved.

Eric, Eric, Eric..... You poor naive fool. Young or relatively young, previously healthy people, especially men all over the world are dropping dead for no obvious reason these days. Except Russia, India and China where certain pharmaceutical products were never approved and certainly won't be now.

Not making any statement with that. I believe it's pure coincidence. Wouldn't like Eric Eric to be shut down over this......
I'm not his brother and anecdotally, there does seem to be many more people than normal dropping dead. But don't get ahead of yourself like you did with Paul Green. Lets wait and see what the autopsy says.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The frogs will win 3 zip not so sure about the other game perhaps a draw and if that's the case I pick the croates to win the penalty shoot out. Then the frogs to make it back to back world cups akin to the panthers back to back

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
The frogs will win 3 zip not so sure about the other game perhaps a draw and if that's the case I pick the croates to win the penalty shoot out. Then the frogs to make it back to back world cups akin to the panthers back to back
Seems in soccer it's common for "a fairy tale" team to make a deep run into the tournament..... and then get thrashed by one of the big guns. I could see that happening again.

Argentina 3 - 1
France 3 - 0

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So it's time for the semi finals.

Argentina vs. Croatia.

Croatia must have a really good goal keeper but I think it's going to come to an end here. Argentina by 2.

Morocco vs. France

I think almost everyone outside of France wants Morocco to win but I doubt it. France by 3.
Argentina vs. Croatia. 1 -1 Croatia to win in a penalty shootout.

They held Brazil to one goal! Must have very serious defence.

Morocco vs. France. France to win 2 - 0.

They seem to be just a really, really good team. But I hope I'm wrong on this.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Argentina vs Croatia 1-1
    Argentina to win in a penalty shootout. Croatia's penalty shootout "luck" is going to come to an end.

2. France vs Morocco, France 2 - 0
    Unfortunately just too good.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I have a $10 bet Argentina 3 zip all up France 3 zip 1 down 1 to go if gets up a nice little collect
If you get this right, you are going to be labelled clairvoyant. At least to some extent.

But above you picked a draw with Croatia to win on penalties. When and why di you change your mind?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If you get this right, you are going to be labelled clairvoyant. At least to some extent.

But above you picked a draw with Croatia to win on penalties. When and why di you change your mind?
Reavaluted, assessed what was at stake for Messi it will be his last world cup, watched previous world cup game where Croatia actually knocked out Argentina , revenge is a powerful motive. So had 2 bets one with my original bet and my backup . Tomorrow will see. One way or another it looks toe like a France v Argentina final.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Reavaluted, assessed what was at stake for Messi it will be his last world cup, watched previous world cup game where Croatia actually knocked out Argentina , revenge is a powerful motive. So had 2 bets one with my original bet and my backup . Tomorrow will see. One way or another it looks toe like a France v Argentina final.
I'd love Morocco to win but I agree with you. France to win 3 - 0.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Seems in soccer it's common for "a fairy tale" team to make a deep run into the tournament..... and then get thrashed by one of the big guns. I could see that happening again.

Argentina 3 - 1
France 3 - 0
This was close. I think this often seems to happen that one team makes a deep run but then for the final, the big guns come through.

Anyway, the final is a really difficult pick. I'll wait for JoDragon before putting in my tip.