2022 World Cup Soccer.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This was close. I think this often seems to happen that one team makes a deep run but then for the final, the big guns come through.

Anyway, the final is a really difficult pick. I'll wait for JoDragon before putting in my tip.
Argentina go into the final on a wave of sentiment in regards to Lionel Messi. The French are defending WC champions .It will come down to Messi v Mbappe in which team can negate the brilliance of these two stars. The heart says Argentina the head says France. It could come down to a penalty shoot out but I hope not. France 3-2.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Argentina go into the final on a wave of sentiment in regards to Lionel Messi. The French are defending WC champions .It will come down to Messi v Mbappe in which team can negate the brilliance of these two stars. The heart says Argentina the head says France. It could come down to a penalty shoot out but I hope not. France 3-2.
I also think France are going to win but I also want Argentina to win. France 2-0.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
France just keep on winning! Remember Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia in their first game at this WC.

France 3 - Argentina 1

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Second reporter suddenly dies covering FIFA World Cup​

A second journalist has died while covering the FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The Gulf Times reports Qatari photojournalist Khalid al-Misslam passed away “suddenly” on the weekend.

The Qatar news outlet wrote: “Al- Misslam, a Qatari, died suddenly while covering the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. We believe in Allah’s mercy and forgiveness for him, and send our deepest condolences to his family.”

His death comes days after influential American soccer journalist Grant Wahl died in Qatar while covering the World Cup. He was 48. While covering Argentina’s quarter-final win over the Netherlands, Wahl, who had run his own sporting news subscription service after working for Sports Illustrated, collapsed at Lusail Iconic Stadium and was rushed to a nearby hospital before his death. It’s unclear whether he died at the hospital or in transport.

His brother, Eric, believes foul play from the Qatari government may have been involved.

Eric, Eric, Eric..... You poor naive fool. Young or relatively young, previously healthy people, especially men all over the world are dropping dead for no obvious reason these days. Except Russia, India and China where certain pharmaceutical products were never approved and certainly won't be now.

Not making any statement with that. I believe it's pure coincidence. Wouldn't like Eric Eric to be shut down over this......
Can't find any word at all on how this guy died about 2 weeks or more after the fact. You know it almost certainly means he had a heart attack....

I bet Messi, like over 90% of the Japanese health ministry, rejected the shots.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
It's on tonight, isn't it? Interesting that this is apparently the biggest sporting event in the world every 4 years but most people here aren't even aware when the game is on.

Anyway, France 2 - 1.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The usual suspect was close but I'm glad Argentina won. I actually sat up and watched the first half. Argentina were dominating. Must have been an action packed second half.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The usual suspect was close but I'm glad Argentina won. I actually sat up and watched the first half. Argentina were dominating. Must have been an action packed second half.
If he had gotten this right, I would have quit the forum in protest:mad:.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I also think France are going to win but I also want Argentina to win. France 2-0.
My heart won out so did the unfortunate penalty shoot both Messi and Mbappe featured greatly as once again I predicted. It's hard to be humble 😆. Unfortunately this means I'm on track with my dragons prediction for 23 and 24 bugger

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
My heart won out so did the unfortunate penalty shoot both Messi and Mbappe featured greatly as once again I predicted. It's hard to be humble 😆. Unfortunately this means I'm on track with my dragons prediction for 23 and 24 bugger
You were close but still wrong. I watched the first half and about 20min of the second half. I could have stayed up. When one goes past the really sleepy stage of the night and starts to feel a little more awake. But it looked like Argentina were going to cruise to victory so I packed it in for the night, or morning by that point. Mbappe was hardly sighted in that period. I know he ended up scoring 3 goals but 2 of them were from penalties so the stats probably flatter him a little.

Even for a casual soccer fan, or really not any fan at all except for the WC, Argentina's second goal was phenomenal.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You were close but still wrong. I watched the first half and about 20min of the second half. I could have stayed up. When one goes past the really sleepy stage of the night and starts to feel a little more awake. But it looked like Argentina were going to cruise to victory so I packed it in for the night, or morning by that point. Mbappe was hardly sighted in that period. I know he ended up scoring 3 goals but 2 of them were from penalties so the stats probably flatter him a little.

Even for a casual soccer fan, or really not any fan at all except for the WC, Argentina's second goal was phenomenal.
It was in my opinion one of the best world cup finals apart from 1966. I did say that it would come down to Messi v Mbappe and it ultimately did. I also did say it may come down to a penalty shoot out and it did. I do say that the Dragons won't be playing semi final football next season and they won't be even though we have a favourable early season draw. The training dust up can be viewed personally, the spin from the club and coach doesn't fool me. Yes if those players were playing for a starting spot in the same position as an old coach yep spot on but this just shows me how fractured this team and club is and the onfield results will confirm that. Time will tell.