2022 World Swimming Championships.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
A couple more days for us to pick up more medals. We did last nite adding two gold to our tally from Olympic and now new world champion Kaylee McKewon in 200Back plus the 4x100Mixed Relay for men. We now sit more comfortably in second on the ladder.
4x100 mixed for men? I thought "mixed" meant men and women in the same race.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
All the one stroke.. freestyle. Sorry I was a bit slow in removing my typo. I think this race threw me somewhat as I dont recall it ever being held before in an elite championship.
Sometimes i think trying to create all these new races isn't the greatest idea. Just my personal opinion.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Kiah Melverton in the 800Free gave us one of two silver medals last nite the other came from our girls 4x100 Medley Relay. We have now dropped to third on the ladder with 17 medals.
Only golds matter. I mean, for the swimmers of course silver and bronze matters but the history books only remember the golds.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Aussies Dolphins have finished the world championships with a haul of 17 medals.. 6 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 bronze. Given we had Olympic champions, Emma McKeon, Ariane Titmus and the Campbell sisters missing, that is a good effort. Our girls outperformed the guys again for what must now be more than a decade. With the Commomwealth Games less than a month off, coming out on top of Canada and Britain is a good sign for the Dolphins over in Birmingham.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Only golds matter. I mean, for the swimmers of course silver and bronze matters but the history books only remember the golds.
Having said that silver equates to second best in the world. We snared 9 of those. The US were again clearly the strongest squad. China was the big surprise. Seems to have gone backwards from recent elite meets.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone else watching the short course swimming world championship?
  • Emma McKeon won gold in the womens 100m free
  • Kyle Chalmers won gold in the mens 100m free
  • 20 year-old Lani Pallister won golds in the womens 800m free and womens 400m free.
  • She also anchored the winning and new world record setting womens 200m relay.