2022 World Swimming Championships.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Reckon Shayna was treated worse than Sun.. the Chinese swimmer.. who definitely cheated. The Chinese Swimming Federation attempted to cover it but were found out.
You are probably right. I don't know too much about it. But from the version of events I know about, I'd say the Chinese swimmer has every right to be aggrieved. As far as I know:
  • The Chinese swimmer tested positive for one of those grey area drugs. It "may provide some benefit in recovering more quickly" or something like that. And it's very common. Easy to take by mistake.
  • He served a 2 year ban.
  • After the ban, drug testers showed up but didn't have drug tester ID, at least not on their person. He refused to submit to their test.
And that's when all the trouble started. IMO he was absolutely correct to not submit to their test. And finally the tribunal agreed. But Mac Horton didn't like it when he lost. He had no problem with it when he won. I found it disgraceful and embarrassing as an Australian.
  • Shayna Jack tested positive for one of those grey area drugs. Like the Chinese swimmer, almost certainly taken by mistake because the risk/benefit ratio is stacked for risk. If there is any benefit at all.
  • She served her 2 years, now she is back and good luck to her. If she wins, I hope no sore loser like Mac Horton tries to ruin it for her.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The public are not only Hungarians.. perhaps I should have said spectators as only a percentage will be locals.
If the competition is being held in Hungary, I think 90% + of the spectators will be Hungarian. As for the international audience, a comfortable majority of the world's population, like a large majority in China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Brazil (correctly in my view) blame NATO.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our Dolphins have come off the blocks with a big splash in Budapest with two GOLDS on the first nite of competition.
Elijah Winnington put the heartache of Tokyo behind him to take out the 400 free while our sprint girls, Shayna Jack, Mollie O'Callaghan, Maddinson Wilson, Meg Harris blitzed the field in the Womens 4x100 free relay. Kyle Chalmers also powered the Dolphins to SILVER in the Mens 4x100 relay behind the victorious US team.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Our Dolphins have come off the blocks with a big splash in Budapest with two GOLDS on the first nite of competition.
Elijah Winnington put the heartache of Tokyo behind him to take out the 400 free while our sprint girls, Shayna Jack, Mollie O'Callaghan, Maddinson Wilson, Meg Harris blitzed the field in the 4x100 free relay. Kyle Chalmers also powered the Dolphins to SILVER in the Mens 4x100 relay behind the powerful US team.
I'n especially happy for Shayna Jack. I hope the other teams weren't sore losers like Mac Horton.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
While our Dolphins were tearing up the pool in Budapest, our Para Dolphins were doing the same in Portugal in the World Para Swimming Champs with sprinter Rowan Crothers taking out his second GOLD and his Para team mates a further five medals.
Australia have won 6 gold, 15 silver and 9 bronze medals at this meet to date.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I'n especially happy for Shayna Jack. I hope the other teams weren't sore losers like Mac Horton.
So am I she deserves it. Like her to now win an individual medal.

Mac was making more of a statement over doping rather than being a sore loser. Just my personal opinion.
In any case I am of the view that sport and politics make poor bedfellows.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This is redemption for the 22 year old Winnington after a disappointing Tokyo Olympic campaign. Pure guts and determination to come back from the dark place he was in 10 months ago when he contemplated giving away competitive swimming. He credits much of this is to coach and mentor Dean Boxall who he says treats his charges 'like family'.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You care about this a lot!
Of course. Don't you?
Mac was making more of a statement over doping rather than being a sore loser. Just my personal opinion.
Well, I can make two things from this:
  1. He wasn't so worried about it when he won.
  2. He is a swimmer. What gave that arrogant prick the idea he was judge, jury and executioner?
This is redemption for the 22 year old Winnington after a disappointing Tokyo Olympic campaign. Pure guts and determination to come back from the dark place he was in 10 months ago when he contemplated giving away competitive swimming. He credits much of this is to coach and mentor Dean Boxall who he says treats his charges 'like family'.
Was an exciting race!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Thanks Morgan Morgan. Hungarian commentary:rolleyes:
Winnington gave the German kid Martens a sniff mid race then blew him away in last 100. You can see the relief written on the face of the Aussie. He must have questioned whether or not he was still world class after Tokyo when he entered the same race as the favorite and missed the final from memory.
Can't you speak Hungarian😎?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Was an exciting race!
A ripper. Winnington gave the German kid Martens a sniff mid race then blew him away in last 100. You can see the relief written on the face of the Aussie. He must have questioned whether or not he was still world class after Tokyo when he entered the same race as the favorite and missed the final from memory.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The replays are up now on 9Now if interested in listening to an Aussie commentator:cool:
Is that Mike McCann on the mike. Who is his sidekick?

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
A ripper. Winnington gave the German kid Martens a sniff mid race then blew him away in last 100. You can see the relief written on the face of the Aussie. He must have questioned whether or not he was still world class after Tokyo when he entered the same race as the favorite and missed the final from memory.
Womens 4x100m freestyle was good too. Australia pulled ahead in the last 2 legs.