2023 Pack

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The pack I'd like to see for round 10, when development players can be picked.

13. de Belin
12. Couchman
11. Su'a
10. Lawrie
9. Liddle
8. F. Molo

14. R. Couchman
15. Bird
16. Mbye
17. Musgrove

Is that short one prop? If so, Mybe or Bird have to go.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The pack I'd like to see for round 10, when development players can be picked.

13. de Belin
12. Couchman
11. Su'a
10. Lawrie
9. Liddle
8. F. Molo

14. R. Couchman
15. Bird
16. Mbye
17. Musgrove

Is that short one prop? If so, Mybe or Bird have to go.
It is we need the new signing in there

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
A lot has gone wrong and is weekly going wrong but the form of Toby Couchman definitely hasn't been going wrong. He can't be far away from starting in the backrow with Su'a and staying on the entire 80min.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
A lot has gone wrong and is weekly going wrong but the form of Toby Couchman definitely hasn't been going wrong. He can't be far away from starting in the backrow with Su'a and staying on the entire 80min.
I did mention him in my comments on the day. I believe that I said he was a keeper moving forward but he is at best a 2nd rower/ lock. We very badly need 2 big boppers in the front row to help him develop his game without sacrificing him by playing him in positions that he is not accustomed to. I am hoping that the 2 new ex Manly props can develop for later this season or even give the Qld Cup prop Lui- Tosa a go just to see if he is up to it. Because what we have now is not good enough. A change of coach may well bring out a better effort and performance from those already in our top 17.Lawrie was hooked on Sunday make no mistake about that I was directly opposite our bench and I can tell you the body language coming from him, JDB and even Liddle was not good.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I did mention him in my comments on the day. I believe that I said he was a keeper moving forward but he is at best a 2nd rower/ lock. We very badly need 2 big boppers in the front row to help him develop his game without sacrificing him by playing him in positions that he is not accustomed to. I am hoping that the 2 new ex Manly props can develop for later this season or even give the Qld Cup prop Lui- Tosa a go just to see if he is up to it. Because what we have now is not good enough. A change of coach may well bring out a better effort and performance from those already in our top 17.Lawrie was hooked on Sunday make no mistake about that I was directly opposite our bench and I can tell you the body language coming from him, JDB and even Liddle was not good.
Yep. Definitely not a prop. At this point he's a second rower and maybe a lock next year when he has a few more kgs of muscle on him.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yep. Definitely not a prop. At this point he's a second rower and maybe a lock next year when he has a few more kgs of muscle on him.
Agree, but he is one for the future. My concern with him, his brother, and our other younger rising stars is how our current culture within the team and club will hamper their progress. I don't care what has been said or written by media scribes about our current players Sloan and Sullivan burying the hatchet with Griffin actions speak louder than words and especially watching young Sloan live and previously being one of his most ardent supporters. I can attest to the fact that he is most certainly not giving 100% for this current coach. Time will tell if I am right but I was highly trained to read body language in my job and it was very useful in my coaching and playing days. These kids are not putting in their all. And when that happens it affects everyone else.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree, but he is one for the future. My concern with him, his brother, and our other younger rising stars is how our current culture within the team and club will hamper their progress. I don't care what has been said or written by media scribes about our current players Sloan and Sullivan burying the hatchet with Griffin actions speak louder than words and especially watching young Sloan live and previously being one of his most ardent supporters. I can attest to the fact that he is most certainly not giving 100% for this current coach. Time will tell if I am right but I was highly trained to read body language in my job and it was very useful in my coaching and playing days. These kids are not putting in their all. And when that happens it affects everyone else.
lets call a spade a spade. At this point Sloan has been a big disappointment. I hope he can turn it around with a better coach who can instill confidence and a better work ethic.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
lets call a spade a spade. At this point Sloan has been a big disappointment. I hope he can turn it around with a better coach who can instill confidence and a better work ethic.
When you have a poor culture within a club and team this will affect players differently. I have found that the most affected are those young inexperienced players who have just joined or broken into 1sts. There is no doubt in my mind after watching the players during downtime and gametime we have a divided top 17.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
When you have a poor culture within a club and team this will affect players differently. I have found that the most affected are those young inexperienced players who have just joined or broken into 1sts. There is no doubt in my mind after watching the players during downtime and gametime we have a divided top 17.
I'm probably wrong but it really looks to me like Sloan sometimes is scared of taking on the big blokes in the middle and on kick returns.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
At this point Sloan has been a big disappointment.
I think Sloan is now just starting to believe he belongs at this level. It is a huge adjustment from lower grades to the top, specially after the shabby way he was treated last year. We need to be patient with a player who has the uncanny ability to make something happen from nothing. He needs a strong pack ahead of him to bring out his best. For most of these early rounds he has not had that.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think Sloan is now just starting to believe he belongs at this level. It is a huge adjustment from lower grades to the top, specially after the shabby way he was treated last year. We need to be patient with a player who has the uncanny ability to make something happen from nothing. He needs a strong pack ahead of him to bring out his best. For most of these early rounds he has not had that.
Agree but in saying that he still has a long way to go in reading the game. He needs to inject himself into the game and go looking for that ball that offload but your dead right we need more go forward. Watching him live on Sunday he looked unsure and on some occasions uninterested

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I hope this is true. He can break the defence open but doesn't try it often.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
unsure and on some occasions uninterested
Yes. Doubt uninterested. Disillusioned perhaps when our team is going backwards. I disagree he does not go looking for the leather. i deduce he is still a touch immature. He needs molly coddling and doubt Griffin is the man for that.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Who other than Ryan Couchman are our DPs. I dont see a thread. Is Tuimavake, the Manly brothers, the Storm brothers, Lobb, Herring, Shereb?
  • Coric (out for the season due to ACL injury)
  • Shereb
  • Finau (the outside back)
  • Muhleisen
  • Couchman
  • ??????? don't know but each club is allowed 6.