RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hard markers but no one likes losing.
I am cut to the bone when we lose. But this bloke is not the reason we are losing. He is not the prime play maker of our side, not the only defender. How did our $1.2 m man go in his first few years. Did you blokes crucify him and he was a mature footballer. This guy is a puppy compared to him.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If nothing changes from this year in regards to being able to purchase at least a prop and also a full off season tackling clinic, I'm sad to say I believe we will finish 12th next season. This season our left hand defence has given up 45% of the 80 tries scored against us. This ranks our left side defence 16th in the competition for this particular stat, yes that is right dead last. We have leaked 485 points which ranks us 12th and is only 6 points less than the Tigers who are running 15th. Hunt is ranked 1st for most missed tackles, Amone 5th. No team can afford to carry 2 weak links in the defensive line especially when they are on opposite sides of the ruck. In attack we have managed to score 57 tries which ranks us 12th, our highest try scorer is Feagai on 7 which ranks him 48th. You are kidding yourselves if you believe that this current crop of players will play semi final football, and it really hurts me to say this because I love my club.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If nothing changes from this year in regards to being able to purchase at least a prop and also a full off season tackling clinic, I'm sad to say I believe we will finish 12th next season. This season our left hand defence has given up 45% of the 80 tries scored against us. This ranks our left side defence 16th in the competition for this particular stat, yes that is right dead last. We have leaked 485 points which ranks us 12th and is only 6 points less than the Tigers who are running 15th. Hunt is ranked 1st for most missed tackles, Amone 5th. No team can afford to carry 2 weak links in the defensive line especially when they are on opposite sides of the ruck. In attack we have managed to score 57 tries which ranks us 12th, our highest try scorer is Feagai on 7 which ranks him 48th. You are kidding yourselves if you believe that this current crop of players will play semi final football, and it really hurts me to say this because I love my club.
Boom. There you have it. Surely the club is aware of these problems. Why haven't steps been taken to fix them??

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Boom. There you have it. Surely the club is aware of these problems. Why haven't steps been taken to fix them??
Honestly I don't know but as a coach even back in the day I always had an assistant writing down what I considered to be the important stats

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What makes you think they aren't working to fix those problems?

Bottom line, in my very humble opinion, his defence has been awful at times but he's getting better. Other than that, I don't think he's been so bad since coach determined Hunt should do as much playmaking as humanly possible while Amone just has to stay out of the way.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What makes you think they aren't working to fix those problems?

Bottom line, in my very humble opinion, his defence has been awful at times but he's getting better. Other than that, I don't think he's been so bad since coach determined Hunt should do as much playmaking as humanly possible while Amone just has to stay out of the way.
Good question. We are coming up to round 22! Do you think any of it will be fixed by round 26?

Eric

Staff
In my opinion under the current coaching and playing staff I doubt it ever will
I don't know about Amone. I hope JoDragon is wrong and he can have a big off season and come back much better next year but the above comment is surely true.
Did you see the team he picked this week???? The only change, McGuire in for Sims. Astonishing! Does he want to get sacked?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know about Amone. I hope JoDragon is wrong and he can have a big off season and come back much better next year but the above comment is surely true.
Did you see the team he picked this week???? The only change, McGuire in for Sims. Astonishing! Does he want to get sacked?
As I have mentioned before I believe that he is unable to use the players because of salary cap issues . I could be wrong but I can't see a reason apart from that for not giving more players a chance at 1sts

Eric

Staff
As I have mentioned before I believe that he is unable to use the players because of salary cap issues . I could be wrong but I can't see a reason apart from that for not giving more players a chance at 1sts
I think you give him too much credit. You can't believe he is so clueless. He can use all top 30 players. They are the rules as the NRL requires of every club. As for development players who haven't yet played NRL, you may be right. He's already used M. Molo and Reuben who were development players.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think you give him too much credit. You can't believe he is so clueless. He can use all top 30 players. They are the rules as the NRL requires of every club. As for development players who haven't yet played NRL, you may be right. He's already used M. Molo and Reuben who were development players.
Why doesn't anyone believe me:mad:? I've been saying for weeks the coach has lost his mind. And every week since it's become more evident.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Why doesn't anyone believe me:mad:? I've been saying for weeks the coach has lost his mind. And every week since it's become more evident.
There seems to be 4 lines of thought.
  1. His hands are tied. He has to select that team. (This is just plain wrong! Sorry JoDragon. Maybe salary cap issues are the reason the club didn't go after Lodge but he can select other players in the top 30.)
  2. He has gone crazy.
  3. He thinks with this team he can drag the other team down in a dour game and possibly get a narrow win. (This is what I believe.)
  4. He rates Bird as a centre, Mbye as a fullback, McGuire as a second rower and doesn't believe for a moment McCullough is no longer first grade standard.
So which is it sports fans? Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
There seems to be 3 lines of thought.
  1. His hands are tied. He has to select that team. (This is just plain wrong! Sorry JoDragon. Maybe salary cap issues are the reason the club didn't go after Lodge but he can select other players in the top 30.)
  2. He has gone crazy.
  3. He thinks with this team he can drag the other team down in a dour game and possibly get a narrow win. (This is what I believe.)
  4. He rates Bird as a centre, Mbye as a fullback, McGuire as a second rower and doesn't believe for a moment McCullough is no longer first grade standard.
#2 is mostly likely.
#4 is closely related to #2
#3 is also an idea I've had but I ruled it out in favour of #2.
#1 is simply not true. He can pick Max Feagai, Sloan, and Burns, Fuimaono, Gosiewski, Ford in the second row before McGuire. I'd also have McGuire in the 17. Well, maybe not now but when the club was still a chance of making the finals. But McGuire is obviously hopelessly unsuited to playing on an edge!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There seems to be 3 lines of thought.
  2. He has gone crazy.
Yep salary cap issues which leads into the contract bonus payments of players 22 to 30. Also by not selecting players such as Gosiewski it is a sure sign he and others that could be selected won't be at the club next season. Moga is playing for his contract so he will continue to be picked. They won't rush Ramsay back. It's
nonsensicle to be selecting Bird at centre there has to be a reason for not giving Feagai a go there. This club is divided and in crisis and we are the only club in reality that is running with just the head coach.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Yep salary cap issues which leads into the contract bonus payments of players 22 to 30. Also by not selecting players such as Gosiewski it is a sure sign he and others that could be selected won't be at the club next season. Moga is playing for his contract so he will continue to be picked. They won't rush Ramsay back. It's
nonsensicle to be selecting Bird at centre there has to be a reason for not giving Feagai a go there. This club is divided and in crisis and we are the only club in reality that is running with just the head coach.
The club is required by NRL rules to have 30 players ready to play first grade at anytime.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
McGuire and Moga won't be at the club next year. It's confirmed!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
#2 is mostly likely.
#4 is closely related to #2
#3 is also an idea I've had but I ruled it out in favour of #2.
#1 is simply not true. He can pick Max Feagai, Sloan, and Burns, Fuimaono, Gosiewski, Ford in the second row before McGuire. I'd also have McGuire in the 17. Well, maybe not now but when the club was still a chance of making the finals. But McGuire is obviously hopelessly unsuited to playing on an edge!
How many games have the said mentioned players, Feigai, Ford, Gosiewski, Hunt and Burns played 1st grade this season? Does anyone know? I do all of them 6 or less and the reason why? Perhaps just perhaps it has something to do with their contracts which in any nrl club triggers bonus contract payments once they are selected on X number of occasions, we had the same in my day when a reserve grade player played more than 9 1st grade games he would be entitled to a bonus contract payment on top of the win payment. You don't have to believe me as some of you have indicated and thats fine, look it up yourselves or ask elsewhere.