ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OUR CULTURE

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Former Queensland State of Origin prop Josh McGuire’s move to the English Super League has started off with controversy after he was handed a seven-game ban for a derogatory slur in a pre-season trial.

Now playing with Warrington, McGuire, 32, was found guilty of a grade F charge for abusive language to an opponent stemming from a pre-season testimonial match.

The Rugby Football League claimed McGuire had used “unacceptable language” regarding people with a disability towards a Leigh Leopards.

I acknowledge that he is no longer with us but this culture and behaviour doesn't suddenly start overnight. I'm glad he is gone but I can bet my bottom dollar this would have been tolerated at our club during his time with us.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Former Queensland State of Origin prop Josh McGuire’s move to the English Super League has started off with controversy after he was handed a seven-game ban for a derogatory slur in a pre-season trial.

Now playing with Warrington, McGuire, 32, was found guilty of a grade F charge for abusive language to an opponent stemming from a pre-season testimonial match.

The Rugby Football League claimed McGuire had used “unacceptable language” regarding people with a disability towards a Leigh Leopards.

I acknowledge that he is no longer with us but this culture and behaviour doesn't suddenly start overnight. I'm glad he is gone but I can bet my bottom dollar this would have been tolerated at our club during his time with us.
I still find it astonishing Griffin signed him. He was in reserve grade for the Cowboys who were running close to last.

They got rid of dead wood for younger players and look where they are now. I expect Tigers will go through a similar process after they shipped their dead wood off to the Dragons.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I still find it astonishing Griffin signed him. He was in reserve grade for the Cowboys who were running close to last.

They got rid of dead wood for younger players and look where they are now. I expect Tigers will go through a similar process after they shipped their dead wood off to the Dragons.
It's bizarre! Like the guy is mentally ill! It'd be nice if someone asked him, "WTF have you been thinking?" Recruiting aging players very lowly placed clubs no longer want is no way to build a successful team. Not in the short-term or long-term!

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Can't say I agree. He has been a grub playing for Broncos, NQ, QLD, Australia before he joined the Dragons. And what did he actually say? England is even more woke that Aus. It might have been for something which no one would have cared about when he started his career.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Can't say I agree. He has been a grub playing for Broncos, NQ, QLD, Australia before he joined the Dragons. And what did he actually say? England is even more woke that Aus. It might have been for something which no one would have cared about when he started his career.
To me a grub is someone who does things like eye gouge and bite. Or sledges someone for something he has no control over, like skin colour or who brings family into the sledges. I don't know what he said either but most or all of his suspensions in the NRL was for things like high tackles and there was that hip drop which seemed like an accident more than anything.

Eric

Staff
To me a grub is someone who does things like eye gouge and bite. Or sledges someone for something he has no control over, like skin colour or who brings family into the sledges. I don't know what he said either but most or all of his suspensions in the NRL was for things like high tackles and there was that hip drop which seemed like an accident more than anything.
So much for that:

JOSH MCGUIRE'S RAP SHEET​

* 28 CHARGES
* 30 WEEKS OF SUSPENSIONS
* $16,000 IN FINES
Found guilty of 28 charges:
  • 2008 careless high tackle
  • 2009 careless high tackle
  • 2010 striking
  • 2013 striking
  • 2014 careless high tackle
  • 2014 dangerous contact on kicker
  • 2015 careless high tackle
  • 2015 dangerous throw
  • 2016 dangerous throw
  • 2016 dangerous contact head/neck
  • 2018 contrary conduct
  • 2018 contrary conduct referee
  • 2018 contrary conduct
  • 2019 contrary conduct
  • 2019 contrary conduct
  • 2019 dangerous contact head/neck
  • 2019 contrary conduct
  • 2019 tripping
  • 2020 dangerous contact head/neck
  • 2020 careless high tackle
  • 2020 contrary conduct
  • 2021 dangerous contact
  • 2021 careless high tackle
  • 2021 dangerous contact
  • 2022 dangerous contact
  • 2023 unacceptable language
Those "contrary conduct" charges usually mean, grubby stuff.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bugger our club and team culture is disastrous. I received info from a mate that 2 dragons players came to blows after the game at the hotel at Mudgee. I can now confirm that the information is correct and their behaviour has been reported to the integrity unit

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Bugger our club and team culture is disastrous. I received info from a mate that 2 dragons players came to blows after the game at the hotel at Mudgee. I can now confirm that the information is correct and their behaviour has been reported to the integrity unit
The wheels are falling off.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'm wondering who it was. I know Ben Hunt used to enjoy the odd stink but now he's C, it probably wasn't him.

I'm tipping Su'a gave another forward a baking for his piss-poor performance and that set it off. So Su'a vs Frank Molo or Su'a vs Burns.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately again it's pretty clear as I have been saying that there are two camps within the club and team. The pro coach and the ship him out coach. Pro Hook is led by Hunt the give him the flick team who knows

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm wondering who it was. I know Ben Hunt used to enjoy the odd stink but now he's C, it probably wasn't him.

I'm tipping Su'a gave another forward a baking for his piss-poor performance and that set it off. So Su'a vs Frank Molo or Su'a vs Burns.
Sounds like 2 boofheaads but it should have been done behind closed doors or in the gyms boxing ring would have been more appropriate

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Unfortunately again it's pretty clear as I have been saying that there are two camps within the club and team. The pro coach and the ship him out coach. Pro Hook is led by Hunt the give him the flick team who knows
I'm tipping Hunt (pro Hook) and Lomax.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'm tipping Hunt (pro Hook) and Lomax.
How many of the players, at least senior players are in the anti-Griffin faction. Apart from Hunt, only Su'a, Lomax and JDB would be in the top 17 of most other teams. So if it was a pro and anti-Griffin argument, it must have been one of those 3 on one side.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
How many of the players, at least senior players are in the anti-Griffin faction. Apart from Hunt, only Su'a, Lomax and JDB would be in the top 17 of most other teams. So if it was a pro and anti-Griffin argument, it must have been one of those 3 on one side.
I believe that there may be a few more than that

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I believe that there may be a few more than that
Sullivan and Slaon. It's quite incredible, Griffin was planing to give Mbye first crack at 5/8 ahead of Sullivan. Given how poor Mbye was in the Charity Shield and how much better Sullivan was, I think he has been forced to change his plan but I can't believe Sullivan wasn't always going to be first pick.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The players were winger Mikaele Ravalawa and new recruit Zane Musgrove.
So it was almost certainly just a pair of drunk guys having a disagreement about something petty. Not anything to do with the divisions between the pro and anti-Griffin factions.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Saw this online. IMO this is the side affect of five years of not featuring in the finals, under performing, being managed by idiots, coached by a dud. All it is doing is worsening our already poor culture. Saddens me that our once proud club has been reduced to this.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tele has again called Sloan's match "a shocker" but questioned why he broke down after the match. He put the blame fully at the feet of our useless coach for his treatment of Tyrell last season. Did we not all say at the time his dropping will kill his confidence.
Griffin must've been copping heaps over this from all directions as he sure has changed his tune and now says categorically that 'Tyrell will be our fullback this season". The scribe, Paul Crawley, added that his emotive outburst may make the youngster a target as opposition players may see him as being mentally weak. Crawley obviously did not do his homework as he'd have discovered that Tyrell had just lose his beloved NAN and was playing for her. Besides, Crawley, aren't footy players permitted emotions?

Last edited: