ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OUR CULTURE

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well we are in for a worse season that I believed. Too drunk to remember with the start of the season proper 2 weeks away? What are senior management and the head coach thinking allowing a marathon drinking session now? OMG even back in my day we liked a beer or 2 after a game but if anyone got plastered they were dropped for the following game. You can't have behaviour like this we have kids who idolise our 1st graders especially Rav. The coach should be shown the door today, does he believe allowing players to get so drunk is going to fix our discipline and cultural issues? Personally I think not. Bloody disgraceful.
I thought it might just be an excuse for not ratting on Musgrove.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Does it really matter? The damage has been done. How senior management can condone such behaviour is beyond me, the damage done to our brand, to the way our children view our players and our club. I'm over this garbage that was once a proud, feared and even revered club.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Does it really matter? The damage has been done. How senior management can condone such behaviour is beyond me, the damage done to our brand, to the way our children view our players and our club. I'm over this garbage that was once a proud, feared and even revered club.
No, not really. You are right.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What in gods names inspired the coach to recruit a prop who should be in the prime of his career but who the wooden-spoon team no longer wanted? He's either a crap player or wasn't wanted due to the negative influence he has on team culture. Or a combination of those two which would be the worst. A poor player who has a very negative effect on the team culture.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No, not really. You are right.
Even back in my days we had messages plastered around the shed walls one of them was " The standard you walk past is the standard you accept". If we are to allow and accept that our 1st graders can get so drunk that they apparently cannot remember what they did or said the night before. The only people and businesses that will be rubbing their hands are the breweries. Both players should be stood down for at least a game and the coach should be shown the door. Just my views.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There are legal issues. That it happened shows you are right about the rotten culture but can't punish them for yelling at each other.
Hmm legal issues which are? You punish bad behaviour. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. So we accept drunken behaviour that stains our club. Ok everyone is entitled to their opinion. Neither would be playing in my team against the Titans and the coach would be on notice to control your players or we will get someone who can but that is just me

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hmm legal issues which are? You punish bad behaviour. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. So we accept drunken behaviour that stains our club. Ok everyone is entitled to their opinion. Neither would be playing in my team against the Titans and the coach would be on notice to control your players or we will get someone who can but that is just me.
I don't know the details but keep in mind how the Shonkies reached an out of court settlement with Todd Carney but apparently paid him over 1.5mil for wrongful dismissal.

If they couldn't punish Tood Carney without getting sued, how can the punish these 2 for getting angry with each other?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know the details but keep in mind how the Shonkies reached an out of court settlement with Todd Carney but apparently paid him over 1.5mil for wrongful dismissal.

If they couldn't punish Tood Carney without getting sued, how can the punish these 2 for getting angry with each other?
I may not have been clear here so in my view they are both dropped for 1 game and the coach put on notice control your players get your house in order or we will find someone else who can. Not seeking sackings but there has to be some consequences for their actions otherwise you cannot instill discipline or change a poor culture

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I may not have been clear here so in my view they are both dropped for 1 game and the coach put on notice control your players get your house in order or we will find someone else who can. Not seeking sackings but there has to be some consequences for their actions otherwise you cannot instill discipline or change a poor culture
That would probably work. Not as if either of them are going to be a huge loss. I would just caution that it might not be the fault of one of them. Maybe Musgrove insulted Rava's mum or something like that. Maybe vice-versa but doubtful. Rava is by all accounts a very mild mannered individual.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That would probably work. Not as if either of them are going to be a huge loss. I would just caution that it might not be the fault of one of them. Maybe Musgrove insulted Rava's mum or something like that. Maybe vice-versa but doubtful. Rava is by all accounts a very mild mannered individual.
Both ideas make a lot of sense. Maybe the best we should hope for is that the club did a proper investigation and decided there wasn't enough in it to punish either. Maybe just a warning was enough. But Jo Dragon is certainly right the coach has to go. I think this won't be the last time this thread gets busy if this coach sticks around much longer.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Both ideas make a lot of sense. Maybe the best we should hope for is that the club did a proper investigation and decided there wasn't enough in it to punish either. Maybe just a warning was enough. But Jo Dragon is certainly right the coach has to go. I think this won't be the last time this thread gets busy if this coach sticks around much longer.
I think they were fined.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
And another, anyone who believes that there is not a discipline and cultural issue within our team and club well you are living under a rock. Today even though the Dragons kept it hush hush F Molo pleaded guilty to a DV related offence. Not only has support and membership dropped significantly over the last 3 yrs we seem to just provide a safe haven for poor behaviour and criminal behaviour. There needs to be a broom used from the boardroom down to try and excuse our club of these terrible issues. We have zero chances of playing semi finals football once again this season. It's bloody disgraceful and I will not be renewing my 40 yr membership until someone has the intestinal fortitude to say enough is enough

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
And another, anyone who believes that there is not a discipline and cultural issue within our team and club well you are living under a rock. Today even though the Dragons kept it hush hush F Molo pleaded guilty to a DV related offence. Not only has support and membership dropped significantly over the last 3 yrs we seem to just provide a safe haven for poor behaviour and criminal behaviour. There needs to be a broom used from the boardroom down to try and excuse our club of these terrible issues. We have zero chances of playing semi finals football once again this season. It's bloody disgraceful and I will not be renewing my 40 yr membership until someone has the intestinal fortitude to say enough is enough
There are definitely problems with the culture. Just a question of how bad and how to fix it.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think you are right. Just one thIng after the next for some years now.
I was one who questioned how bad it really was. I'm changing my view. Just one thing after the next. On and on. 2 drunk dudes scuffling at 6am isn't so bad or strange but...... one thing after the next. It's gotten ridiculous.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
God help us

St George Illawarra Dragons star pleads guilty to domestic violence charge​

Dragons player Francis Molo has pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge related to an incident just before Christmas.

Molo was charged with stalking/intimidating a woman in a domestic setting on December 17 over a pre-dawn incident at a Shell Cove address.

The former Maroons star did not appear at Port Kembla Local Court as the matter was briefly mentioned on Wednesday.