ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OUR CULTURE

Eric

Staff
In the off season until now the club has been in the news, in rough order, for:
  • Not sacking the coach
  • Extending the contract of a good, not great halfback, on big money, to run until he is 35. At the time I was stunned by that but if his salary isn't adjusted for salary cap rises and due to what happened to Amone, now it seems like a good move.
  • Sloan and Sullivan asking for a release.
  • The release being rejected.
  • Sloan and Sullivan asking for a release again.
  • The release again rejected.
  • Ramsey is taken seriously ill.
  • Amone arrested for chasing some guy with a hammer until he fell off the roof, seriously injuring himself. Because apparently Junior's dad didn't like the way he legally parked.
  • Ramsey ruled out for the season.
  • Amone ruled out indefinitely. Probably for the season.
  • Diabolical form in the trail games.
  • Two senior, top 17 players, in the news for being drunk and almost coming to blows at 6am after an especially diabolical trial game.
  • Frank Molo, one of our top 5 highest paid players but barely playing NSW Cup standard football, pleads guilty for domestic violence.
  • Rumours the club is going to sack the coach.
The circle was closed.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
  • Not sacking the coach
  • Extending the contract of a good, not great halfback, on big money, to run until he is 35. At the time I was stunned by that but if his salary isn't adjusted for salary cap rises and due to what happened to Amone, now it seems like a good move.
  • Amone arrested for chasing some guy with a hammer until he fell off the roof, seriously injuring himself. Because apparently
  • Two senior, top 17 players, in the news for being drunk and almost coming to blows at 6am after an especially diabolical trial game.
  • Frank Molo, one of our top 5 highest paid players but barely playing NSW Cup standard football, pleads guilty for domestic violence.
The circle was closed.
What do they say? The only worse than being talked about is not being talked about? Whoever said that was wrong.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
  • Not sacking the coach
  • Amone arrested for chasing some guy with a hammer until he fell off the roof, seriously injuring himself. Because apparently Junior's dad didn't like the way he legally parked.
The circle was closed.
Is it just me or does everyone else believe that we have a discipline and cultural issue within the team and club

Eric

Staff
Strange. I'm getting a paywall when I click on the link even though I'm a subscriber. Is that the article about which coach is going to take over from Griffin and for how long before Hornby, Young or Ryles takes over? They say there are 3 possibilities: Flanagan, Hasler or McGuire. They end up saying Hasler is already being discussed even though Flanagan knows the inner workings of the club. As for McGuire, they only say, "he won't put up with nonsense".

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Strange. I'm getting a paywall when I click on the link even though I'm a subscriber. Is that the article about which coach is going to take over from Griffin and for how long before Hornby, Young or Ryles takes over? They say there are 3 possibilities: Flanagan, Hasler or McGuire. They end up saying Hasler is already being discussed even though Flanagan knows the inner workings of the club. As for McGuire, they only say, "he won't put up with nonsense".
Yes

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Hasler gets my vote. Flanagan would also be ok.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hasler or Flanagan would be a coup. Probably come relatively cheap as well.
Won't be cheap quite simply because our brand, our culture and our discipline are at their lowest ebbs. A rebuilding process is required to mend the errors of the past and present and whomever the coach is needs to have a reputation as a disciplinarian and a coach who players want to come and stay to play under. A lot of work doesn't come cheaply.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Won't be cheap quite simply because our brand, our culture and our discipline are at their lowest ebbs. A rebuilding process is required to mend the errors of the past and present and whomever the coach is needs to have a reputation as a disciplinarian and a coach who players want to come and stay to play under. A lot of work doesn't come cheaply.
Can't argue with that but I was only talking about hiring Flanagan or Hasler. The process of rebuilding the team will be an expensive one.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Can't argue with that but I was only talking about hiring Flanagan or Hasler. The process of rebuilding the team will be an expensive one.
Club has been going with 'the cheap option' for some years and it has cost the club truck loads of money. I don't know what it is with Hasler. I mean, why he is currently unemployed. His track record is one of success. I know his tenure at the Dogs ended badly but was it worse than how Bennett left Newcastle? And he is still considered, 'the master coach'.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder who it is? I'm tipping one Sullivan or Sloan. Because the want Hook gone.

NRL great claims there’s a ‘little snitch’ in Dragons ranks​

Legend James Graham fears there may be a snitch among the ranks at the Dragons after a heated exchange between two players in Mudgee made its way into the press. St George Illawarra duo Mikaele Ravalawa and Zane Musgrove were hit with a fine and a breach notice for their involvement in an exchange at the crack of dawn the morning after they’d played the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the Charity Shield.

It was almost 24 hours after the scuffle when news of the incident was leaked to the media, but for Graham, who made over 50 appearances and held a leadership position with the Red V, it never should have been made public.

“My issue with this is, who is the grass that has gone and leaked it,” Graham told Triple M. “Who is the snitch? Why are you going and telling the media for? “Because it was a non-issue. Nothing got broken, no-one was hurt, no-one caused a disruption. No member of the public was affected by this.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder who it is? I'm tipping one Sullivan or Sloan. Because the want Hook gone.

Legend James Graham fears there may be a snitch among the ranks at the Dragons after a heated exchange between two players in Mudgee made its way into the press. St George Illawarra duo Mikaele Ravalawa and Zane Musgrove were hit with a fine and a breach notice for their involvement in an exchange at the crack of dawn the morning after they’d played the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the Charity Shield.

It was almost 24 hours after the scuffle when news of the incident was leaked to the media, but for Graham, who made over 50 appearances and held a leadership position with the Red V, it never should have been made public.

“My issue with this is, who is the grass that has gone and leaked it,” Graham told Triple M. “Who is the snitch? Why are you going and telling the media for? “Because it was a non-issue. Nothing got broken, no-one was hurt, no-one caused a disruption. No member of the public was affected by this.
My money is on a senior player. JDB, Lomax or Su'a.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

James because quite simply since the BBQGate this club and team have been divided