ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OUR CULTURE

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I was one who questioned how bad it really was. I'm changing my view. Just one thing after the next. On and on. 2 drunk dudes scuffling at 6am isn't so bad or strange but...... one thing after the next. It's gotten ridiculous.
I am usually a person because of my previous work vocation and RL experiences fairly laid back but the culture and discipline of the club over at least the last 5 yrs if not more is best described as atrocious. In the P. F. we use to call continual types of behaviour as a course of conduct. This is most definitely such a situation at our club we have accepted the low bar for the way our club and our players conduct themselves both off and on the field. If nothing changes our brand and name will forever be tarnished.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I was one who questioned how bad it really was. I'm changing my view. Just one thing after the next. On and on. 2 drunk dudes scuffling at 6am isn't so bad or strange but...... one thing after the next. It's gotten ridiculous.
I'm with you. Until now I considered it a series of unfortunate events or idiotic actions. Now it really seems systemic.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's almost too ridiculous to be just good old incompetence on the part of the board.
There is a rumour of our possible new coach, believe it or not they are talking about an old dragon presently under study to Robinson at the Roosters, Jason Ryles so whomever is at the board now is certainly leaning towards the Illawarra side. They will never ever learn if this is true

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
There is a rumour of our possible new coach, believe it or not they are talking about an old dragon presently under study to Robinson at the Roosters, Jason Ryles so whomever is at the board now is certainly leaning towards the Illawarra side. They will never ever learn if this is true
I hate an old boy and I hate a rookie becoming head coach but Ryles will be better than Dean Young.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS CULTURE UNDER FIRE

The word culture is often overused in professional sport these days but fundamentally without it what you get is basket case clubs with a clear lack of DNA, respect and discipline. On face value two St George Illawarra players having a wrestle at 6am in the morning in the NSW central west town of Mudgee after a night on the sauce rates about a one out of ten on the atrocity Richter scale.

It might not even be a one. But when you unpack the Dragons presentation night where only three players showed up, the BBQ-gate from a couple of years ago and the way the Red V played in the opening trial against South Sydney it becomes blatantly clear the depth of problems facing St George Illawarra. At the strong NRL clubs - we’ll use the Sydney Roosters, Melbourne Storm and Cronulla as examples - players who make bad decisions off the field are called to account in front of the entire group.

They have to stand up in front of teammates and coaching staff, explain themselves and then answer any questions the rest of the club might have about what went on. When the Dragons filed into a team meeting on Tuesday there was none of this. Zane Musgrove and Mikaele Ravalawa stayed silent and it was left to coach Anthony Griffin to address the team about what happened in Mudgee.

The problem is St George Illawarra already had enough going on in terms of pressure on Griffin and where the club is headed leading into the new season. This latest stuff up only adds further heat on a club already under the pump.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS CULTURE UNDER FIRE

The word culture is often overused in professional sport these days but fundamentally without it what you get is basket case clubs with a clear lack of DNA, respect and discipline. On face value two St George Illawarra players having a wrestle at 6am in the morning in the NSW central west town of Mudgee after a night on the sauce rates about a one out of ten on the atrocity Richter scale.

It might not even be a one. But when you unpack the Dragons presentation night where only three players showed up, the BBQ-gate from a couple of years ago and the way the Red V played in the opening trial against South Sydney it becomes blatantly clear the depth of problems facing St George Illawarra. At the strong NRL clubs - we’ll use the Sydney Roosters, Melbourne Storm and Cronulla as examples - players who make bad decisions off the field are called to account in front of the entire group.

They have to stand up in front of teammates and coaching staff, explain themselves and then answer any questions the rest of the club might have about what went on. When the Dragons filed into a team meeting on Tuesday there was none of this. Zane Musgrove and Mikaele Ravalawa stayed silent and it was left to coach Anthony Griffin to address the team about what happened in Mudgee.

The problem is St George Illawarra already had enough going on in terms of pressure on Griffin and where the club is headed leading into the new season. This latest stuff up only adds further heat on a club already under the pump.
I did mention that we had a team and club culture and discipline issue. Perhaps I was right

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Definitely a problem. Just a question of how bad and how to fix it.
It's bad but it's not entirely the fault of 1 person. The current board has been intricate in the fall from grace of our club and this should not be overlooked when assessing our current dire predicament we find ourselves in

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It's bad but it's not entirely the fault of 1 person. The current board has been intricate in the fall from grace of our club and this should not be overlooked when assessing our current dire predicament we find ourselves in
It shouldn't be but it will be. They won't hold themselves accoutable.