ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OUR CULTURE

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
No it was not. I watched every minute of his game closely. He did far more positive than negative. We need to be boosting the kid's confidence not trashing it like Griffin did last season.
I'm all for boosting his confidence and I agree with you and others, he didn't play that badly. If it wasn't for his emotions at the end of the game, no one would have been talking about it. But he did make 4 glaring errors and didn't do anything really good to make up for them.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
No it was not. I watched every minute of his game closely. He did far more positive than negative. We need to be boosting the kid's confidence not trashing it like Griffin did last season.
Sloan still has plenty to learn about stiffening his defense. His defense coach should be drumming into him to tackle low as he will get shoved out of the way by these big dudes if he goes over the waist. The other important aspect is to manage our defensive line. I noticed last year our backs got into position like brown's cows, all over the shop.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I see attack as his strongest suit at this stage of his career. You can see the way he sniffs around the ball carrier that he is keen for involvement, and he does have clever ball skills so he will want to take the dummy half on occasions. He may be over keen tho to join the back line to make the extra man so his attack coach will be telling him to join only when we have the opposition on the back foot and join either outside the 5/8 or between the centre and wing and to make the injection precisely timed. All this will become second nature once he has plenty of games under his belt. He will also want to test the opposition with his individual skills and blistering pace like he did against the Rabbits. Of course all is dependent on us having precise and clean ball distribution. o_O

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder who it is? I'm tipping one Sullivan or Sloan. Because the want Hook gone.

NRL great claims there’s a ‘little snitch’ in Dragons ranks​

I dont think so as they both were so keen to play top grade for the Red V that they threatened to quit. So why risk that now they are in the firsts if the squealer is exposed. Besides they arent the only guys that wanted Griffin gone, My money is on Jayden S'ua. He came out publicly that he looked forward to a fresh start at the Dragons and that under Griffin "he has learned nothing new".

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I dont think so as they both were so keen to play top grade for the Red V that they threatened to quit. So why risk that now they are in the firsts if the squealer is exposed. Besides they arent the only guys that wanted Griffin gone, My money is on Jayden S'ua. He came out publicly that he looked forward to a fresh start at the Dragons and that under Griffin "he has learned nothing new".
Su'a, JDB or Lomax would be my next 3 guesses.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
JDB or Lomax
Hope neither. Nothing to gain plenty to lose if found out. Lomax on #700K, JDB 580K. Both will also want to be one club players.
I do have a feeling tho if Lomax continues to be given poor ball service which impacts his game and deadens his talent that he will be forced out of the club he idolises in the not too distant future. This guy has skills he has yet to show us because they are largely being wasted. Imagine the impact he'd have with good play makers inside him at, say Penrith or the Roosters. God forbid if that happens.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Hope neither. Nothing to gain plenty to lose if found out. Lomax on #700K, JDB 580K. Both will also want to be one club players.
I do have a feeling tho if Lomax continues to be given poor ball service which impacts his game and deadens his talent that he will be forced out of the club he idolises in the not too distant future. This guy has skills he has yet to show us because they are largely being wasted. Imagine the impact he'd have with good play makers inside him at, say Penrith or the Roosters. God forbid if that happens.
What makes you think JDB is on that much? I think its more. If it's that much, good deal for the club.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What makes you think JDB is on that much? I think its more. If it's that much, good deal for the club.
I can't remember the numbers but I remember reading JDB and Lomax are on the same money.

Eric

Staff
What subscription fee do you pay Eric Eric. Thinking of joining as this old codger is now having trouble reading the fine paper print.
For the Daily Telegraph. I signed on when they were doing some kind of promotion. I think it's about $20 a month. I check how much is deducted from my card every month but don't check the details unless the total is more than it should be.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
For the Daily Telegraph. I signed on when they were doing some kind of promotion. I think it's about $20 a month. I check how much is deducted from my card every month but don't check the details unless the total is more than it should be.
Better to quit and read it for free. I will send a private message.

Eric

Staff

Ravalawa admits Mudgee incident, 'a bit dumb'​

Ravalawa angry at himself over ‘dumb’ incident​

Mikaele Ravalawa has admitted he is angry at himself over his early-morning blow up with teammate Zane Musgrove, and the St George Illawarra pair insist they have moved on from the drama. Dragons players fronted the media on Monday for the first time since the pair’s public spat, with captain Ben Hunt defending the club’s culture after a nightmare off-season.

In a brutal three months for the Saints, five-eighth Tyrell Amone has been stood down after an alleged assault charge while prop Francis Molo has pleaded guilty to intimidation on a domestic matter. Coach Anthony Griffin is under pressure to keep his job heading into the start of the season, while multiple departing players were critical of their relationship with him at the end of last year.

Interesting there is no word from Musgrove. Maybe the wooden spooners didn't want him anymore not because he's that bad on the field but because he's that bad off it.