CRICKET: The BAGGY GREENS Thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This is the thread for the general discussion of all Australian cricket outside of actual international tours..

News out of Cricket Australia HQ is that an Aussie 'A' tour is planned for next year before the away Ashes Tour to England. That is our fringe and next gen cricketers will cross 'the ditch' to the Land of the Long White Cloud to play a series of unofficial Tests against their Kiwi counterparts.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Actually @Morgan it is the leg spinners that have all the tricks. Off sinners only spin it the one way.. into the stumps. whereas leg spinners spin it both ways.. that is, away from the stumps and into the stumps.
The latter delivery is called a wrong one or wrong'n as it spins in the opposite direction to the stock leg spinner. You have heard of Shane Warne no doubt.. he was the master of leg spin.. also bowled variations such as the flipper and toppie.
I just wanted to put this here for my own benefit. So I can easily recall the information. Because I know that since Warne, they have been talking and talking about the "next champion leg spinner" which as far as I know, has failed to materialise.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I just wanted to put this here for my own benefit. So I can easily recall the information. Because I know that since Warne, they have been talking and talking about the "next champion leg spinner" which as far as I know, has failed to materialise.
We may have uneathed one.. tho no one will likely never stand side by side with Warnie. His name is Tanveer Sangha, yes of Indian origin (born here). Plays for the NSW Blues. Put him in your little black books.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We may have uneathed one.. tho no one will likely never stand side by side with Warnie. His name is Tanveer Sangha, yes of Indian origin (born here). Plays for the NSW Blues. Put him in your little black books.
My little book is red and white. But I did as you suggested. Now we are waiting to see if you are the Nathan Brown of cricket👍.

I mean, Nathan Brown, IMO is an excellent talent scout. Obviously not such a good head coach.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
or the complete package
Cameron is what we call an all rounder RedV01 RedV01. Equally adept at batting and bowling. The bio said he is like Andrew Flintoff (England) I rate him even better than Freddie.. a genuine all rounder, meaning he has the class to be picked either as a top order batsman or a top order bowler. This category is as scarce which puts Cameron in rarified air..

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Cameron is what we call an all rounder RedV01 RedV01. Equally adept at batting and bowling. The bio said he is like Andrew Flintoff (England) I rate him even better than Freddie.. a genuine all rounder, meaning he has the class to be picked either as a top order batsman or a top order bowler. This category is as scarce as hens teeth in cricket.
I now he wasn't technically an all-rounder but Mitchell Johnson could swing a bat quite well.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Australian domestic red ball season starts October 3. That means games are played over four days as opposed to one day for white ball. You guys are NSW Blues supporters I expect. Want me to post their season squad here.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The Australian domestic red ball season starts October 3. That means games are played over four days as opposed to one day for white ball. You guys are NSW Blues supporters I expect. Want me to post their season squad here.
Of course. Please do and if you can. Speaking for myself, it'd be good if you can tell us a bit about some of the lesser known players. Like the one's who haven't layed for Australia but might do in the not distant future.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Maxwell and Smith at the crease now. Moving the ball around, looking for the odd singe in T20! Ridiculous.