CRICKET: The BAGGY GREENS Thread.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat, who's touring Australia this season and can we expect any big changes in the Australian team? Warner and Starc for example have been very good for a long time. Very, very long time. Seemed to be slipping significantly in recent times.

Eric

Staff
No one watching the semi final? Warner and Head smashed 21 runs off the 6th over. I thought that must be enough to allow me to get some sleep. Then Warner was bowled first ball of the next over. So I guess I'll wait up a little longer.

Eric

Staff
Then in the next over, Marsh went for
Excited School GIF

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat can correct me but I think Australia's best chance against red hot India is to bat first and just go for it. Look for a score around 400. If they are all out for about 150, well it doesn't really matter if they lost by 8 wickets with 25 overs left or if they lose by 5 wickets with 3 overs left.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat can correct me but I think Australia's best chance against red hot India is to bat first and just go for it. Look for a score around 400. If they are all out for about 150, well it doesn't really matter if they lost by 8 wickets with 25 overs left or if they lose by 5 wickets with 3 overs left.
India are very warm favourites. Need our batters to step up! No playing yourself into the innings. Need to hit from the first few balls.

Eric

Staff
Don't die wondering.
With Warner and Maxwell, anything is possible. Just as likely to score 1~10 from 20 balls or 100~150 from 80~90 balls.

I didn't watch the game but the Indian batsmen were at the top of their game against NZ.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So much for that idea. Won the toss, elected to bowl.

Eric

Staff
Good one🤪. I almost felt sorry for the 120k of the 130k people who stompted out of the stadium before the game was over.
I was right. That game was won by the bowlers! And a single batsman. I remember the good-ol-days of Waugh, Hayden, Symonds, Ponting, Gilchrist. Back then it wasn't a question of which of them if any would make it but which, if any would fail.